Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Ordered the sampler pack of Unjury Protein powders and it should be here tomorrow :). I'm looking forward to trying them, especially the chicken broth. I'm sure that during the pre and post-op liquid diet, having something warm and salty will be a nice break from the sweet protein shakes! I'm also looking forward to trying the unflavored powder. I love Greek yogurt, so being able to up the protein content without changing the flavor will be great. It's crazy to think that only two months from now I could be having my surgery! I'm so excited. Class #5 of 6 is this Friday! I started this journey in January, and time is flying by. My sixth and final class will be June 20, then we can submit for approval with insurance.

Has anyone tried the unjury products? What did you think of them?

I ordered one container of the Unjury chicken Soup and 3 of the unflavored. I'm now 4 weeks post-op and have only used one of the non flavored containers. I added it to Jello and crystal light a lot the first few weeks. It still has a flavor. It made the crystal light taste like jello to me! I found the chicken soup to be just plain disgusting. I couldn't get more than a few sips in. My advice would be to not buy too much. I don't know what to do with the two unopened containers I still have. I find the pre made Protein Shakes to be better tasting and easy to grab on the run. The premiere Protein shakes you get at costco have 30 grams of protein and only 160 calories and taste way better than any powder I've tried. We all have individual tastes though!

I love the unjury shakes - for me they are the best option for quality and taste.

I would caution you from over-purchasing prior to surgery - for some, their tastes change and they can't tolerate a shake that they liked prior to surgery.

The chicken Soup was absolutely a savior when I grew tired of the sweet shakes. I didn't use the unflavored other than out of the sample pack.

I have gone through several tubs of the unjury unflavored. Bluesea is right, it does still have a taste, so you have to be careful what you mix it with. During my full liquid stage I added it to diluted, strained cream Soups for a huge variety and great relief from all the sweet shakes. I still add it to any Soup I eat. Further out, I've mixed it in mashed potatoes, bean casserole, pancake mix, and crab patties. With Soups and other liquids, you have to be careful not to heat it over 140 or it will clump. With the baked stuff it doesn't matter.

And personally, I liked the taste of the chicken broth. And the strawberry wasn't bad. I was happy with the Premier chocolate and vanilla so never ordered Unjury in those flavors.

Thanks for the replys :) My shipment should be delivered later today! I've heard a lot of people's tastes change after surgery, and also have heard a lot of different opinions of how people like certain brands of Protein powder. It's nice that I could just order the sampler pack to try it out. I was only $21, so I feel like that was a decent price just to try it out. At least if I don't like it, I won't be left with a huge tub of unused powder.

I just got the sample package myself. I will be interested to try the chicken Soup Protein.< /p>

I got the samples of Unjury from my nutritionist during my visit. Honestly? I really didn't like them all that much. They just felt very thin (the shake I'm using now is much thicker) But everyone's taste buds are different. I will say the strawberry was a nice break from the chocolate/vanilla train I'm on with the other Protein powders.< /p>

I started adding a little bit of Oikos Frozen Greek Yogurt to my shakes - not a lot, maybe 1/4 cup or so and some ice. It thickens them up nicely.

Just goes to show how different everyone's preferences are. To me, all the RTD shakes are too thick and too sweet. I dilute them at least 1/2 and 1/2 with milk or Water. As for the powders I usually add at least 50% more water than it says on the package. It's the same for taste...just like any other food. You won't know if it's good until you try it yourself. After all, There's millions of people that would prefer to eat liver or green peppers or parsnips or blue cheese or cherries or rye bread or celery over poking their eyes out. I'm just not one of them.

I bought a bunch of Protein powders and ready made shakes prior to surgery and was fine with them. Since surgery I can't handle any of them AT ALL. I have been gagging them down. I just ordered the unflavored Unjury so I am hoping that that will be my life saver.

I bought a bunch of Protein powders and ready made shakes prior to surgery and was fine with them. Since surgery I can't handle any of them AT ALL. I have been gagging them down. I just ordered the unflavored unjury so I am hoping that that will be my life saver.

Did you see my post above? Lol. I could have given you my unopened ones! You live close enough! :)

I had the chocolate splendor for Breakfast this morning and really liked it! I mixed it in milk to make it a little more rich and give me some more Protein.

I'm going to try the chicken Soup with dinner tonight. That's the one I really hope I end up liking. There are so many options for chocolate, vanilla, straberry...but I'm hoping I love the chicken Soup once because I haven't seen it before...and I know I'll want a nice break from all of the sweet Protein shakes after surgery (and on the pre-op diet).

Bluesea - I'll take your unopened unflavored ones! I'll be happy to make the drive up. ;)

I have re-ordered the chocolate Splendor twice. Sometimes I will warm it up with some Almond Milk (35 calories per cup) and add that to a sugar free cocoa mix and a dollop of lite whip cream. This actually solves the midnight sweet tooth and adds Protein and fluids to my daily total. The other day I made a smoothie with chocolate Splendor, ricotta, almond milk and dark chocolate chips.

I fix the strawberry with Crystal Lite lemonade and some frozen mixed berry slush from the blender.

I make any number of Soups using the chicken flavored in the Soup base.