Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blood pressure 5 days out

I had my banding April 9th. Still in pain but not anything compared to day 1,2,3. Each day it's easier and I'm getting stronger except for today.

I've tried to do more today but feel awful..sorta tearful and just tired. I haven't been sleeping much.

Now folks I'm here to tell you that I don't get tearful:think but VERY SELDOM.

I'm sorta dizzy and thought since I haven't been eating maybe my BP was low because of laying around and not as much sodium in my diet.

I was unhappy to take my blood pressure:cry and it was 168/89. I've been cutting my pill in half since the pharmacist said it would be fine. My BP usually runs 140/78 with meds.

Anyone have this happen after surgery?

I haven't changed any meds except cutting the Verapamil in half.

Thanks Wasa, but I'm taking the full amount just halving it since it's a big pill.

I haven't taken anything for pain in a couple of days...I think I'm over doing a little and just *toughing it through the pain*.

I know that pain makes the BP high but I will watch it.

Thanks for the support.:)

I just feel TIRED! I still have problems sleeping because of the port site pulling.

The pain is in the port site anytime I try to pull myself up or bend over, etc. Walking is fine. I'm having a hard time sitting at the desk/computer.

That's why I'm on a laptop in my big comfy chair.

I called the Dr. yesterday with some questions and it was ..yes it will still be painful, yes the port site hurts the most, yes there is still swelling in the digestive track and will cause air bubbles/shoulder pain.

I guess I'm 5 days out and just impatient. I never have been good at taking time to heal. I just want to be well tomorrow. Instant gratification!

The pain is from moving. When I sit still I don't have pain but am tired.

It feels like the port is pulling and keeping the area painful. No, red streaks, no blood or pus.

I'll try that postion to sleep.

Thanks so much!

I am 3 days post op and my blood pressure has been higher than normal too. I take my Toprol as I always have, have not cut mine in half since they gave me a whole one at the hospital the morning after surgery. I am in very little pain, just the occasional pull at the port site, so I feel very fortunate. Hopefully the blood pressure will go down when everything stabilizes.

Hi Teach!

Nice to meet you. Have you asked your doctor what is going on?

Of course I found my bp high on Friday evening after the Dr. was closed and was just wondering.

I'm taking just my meds as usual..cutting the BP med in half but not taking all the Vitamins that I was taking. I'm too afraid of them getting stuck.

Good luck to you and will watching for your posts.

Hi Teach!

Nice to meet you. Have you asked your doctor what is going on?

Of course I found my bp high on Friday evening after the Dr. was closed and was just wondering.

I'm taking just my meds as usual..cutting the BP med in half but not taking all the Vitamins that I was taking. I'm too afraid of them getting stuck.

Good luck to you and will watching for your posts.

Nice to meet you too!! No, I haven't asked my doc yet. I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see if it gets better with time. The old body went through some traumatic changes and maybe just needs to rest. I take the Toprol whole and use a chewable multi-vitamin...Viactiv. I have the chocolate cherry flavor and it's a nice little treat in the morning. Hope you feel better each day. Hard to believe the surgery is over with and we're on the other side, isn't it???

I talked with my son in law who is a PA and he said the anesthetic will cause an increase in blood pressure. He said it could take up to 2 weeks for it all to be out of your system. I know when I arrived home, my face was really flushed, but it was much better the day after.

If you're still having some pain post-op, you can get liquid Tylenol adult strength at Walgreens, and I think some Wal-Mart stores are carrying it now. It will help you get through the next week or so, and by then you shouldn't need it anymore. If you get your pain under control, maybe your bp will come down on it's own.

Just a suggestion! Hope it helps!