Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 1 mth out and so far I only lost 20lbs. Am I doing something wrong

What was your expectation?

When was the last time you lost 20 pounds in one month?

You tell us ... are you doing something wrong? Are you following the guidelines your Dr gave you?

I don't think that's slow. I think that's great. Don't worry to much and just follow your plan and you will be fine.

I know how you feel @Volumptious. Every day I think how am I not thin yet, lol. It took a long while to get here and its going to be a process getting our fit bodies back. I won't lie, I step on the scale several times a day and it hasn't moved much this week BUT I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing and I trust this process. Keep your head in the game, drink your Water, Vitamins, Protein blah blah and exercise. Success is our only option... Yes I just quoted Eminem =)

I only lost 20lbs my first konth post op. I lost 23 in 2 wks pre-op though. So 20lbs is great! I am 41/2 months post and down 91 so you tell me! It also depends on your size, how much you have to lose. Smaller people tend to lose a little slower than us hefty losers lol. Just do what they say and it will all work out. Get busy on exercise too if you havemt started. Its the key to this whole journey. Good luck and keep us posted.

Don't compare yourself to others. People lose at different rates. If you are following your plan, you have nothing to worry about. I was a slow loser, never lost more than 10 lbs. in a month. Now I lose 1 lb. a month.

I am also a slow loser. I have only lost 25 pounds since surgery on 03/05. I know it is frustrating but I hope that means we will keep the weight off. Good luck on your journey.

How about if you try to think about it another way? Have you been on a bunch of other diets in your life? On any other reasonable medical diet that people go on, they say you should lose no more than 2 lbs a week; that'd be about 8 pounds a month. So, you see, a whopping 20 pounds in one month is well within normal weight loss for someone who had bariatric surgery. And, like other posters above said, and I'm sure you've already heard this a million times but it bears repeating, we can't compare ourselves to others. Everybody loses differently. Sooo many things affect how quickly or how much comes off--your starting weight, your age, your gender, your health, your lifestyle (exercise), etc etc etc.

As long as you keep your focus on following your Bariatric Eating plan and adjusting to your new forever healthy lifestyle, your body will know how to shed your excess pounds and keep you happy and most of all healthy. Congratulations!

Surgery was October 17 th lost 15 lb before and 15 after. It's slower then molasses!!! My husband is a fitness guru and very into pumping Iron and putting good fuel into his body. I finally decided to listen to him this week it only took 30 years and he said it's all about Protein. Proteins r the only way to lose weight. So I am testing it and keeping track of this new life change. Im tired of failing the weight lose nightmare. I fired the nutritionist because she called me a drama queen for having a lot of pain after surgery not to mention her draw was full of Nutella and dunkin donuts. Skinny b-otch don't know about abdominal surgery I guess and struggles. Keep track of protein and try to get 60 grams a day. Good luck

He's right! My nutritionist said the same thing today. Protein Protein Protein. We don't really eat veggies for weight loss. We eat then for the Vitamins and Fiber. She also said that most of the Protein Shakes are fortified with the same vitamins. I started the pre op diet Monday on my own to see if I could do it and I'm down 8lbs from my last weigh in last month. I know I probably gained some last week because I went on vacation for the week and all we did was eat and drink alcohol! Hubby's right!!

So I'm a little week post op the sleeve but I'm transitioning from the lapband. The mind plays horrible trucks on us. After losing 60 pounds being near my HS weight, is look in the mirror and cry because I saw the same exact body as before the wls. I'd be so bummed id stray from my plan or spend hours googling images of women with my dimensions which helped a little. Seriously we need to remember that no matter how thin we are this is this body we stared at for a lifetime that won't let us embrace the new us with out a battle. By the time I got that my band and I were not working together anymore. But...this time around I'm not letting numbers or even the mirror get me down. Ok I an addicted to weighting myself too. But it's about being strong and healthy. The other stuff will follow. And hey 20 pounds down is 20 pounds down.