Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question ... memory loss

Does anyone know if memory loss can be caused by being over weight? i am only 25 and have the worst memory in the world. i don't remember it always being this bad! my g/f is always saying that i dont listen to her. but truely i do.. every word.. i just have difficulty retaining it. even things i've done or said... i have no recollection of! its crazy! i'm going to ask my doc when i go but i wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and maybe i after being banded and losing weight has it got better.:help:

12/05 (pre band)I was unable to remeber my pin number for my ATM which I have used for 10 years. At work I would get reminders for meetings even 5 minutes before the meeting was to begin and I would forget the meeting. Then I als started to do a few other things that were strange, forgot to put a bra on and did not notice until I was walking into work, another I put hair gel on my toothbrush. I also had some other issues like burning skin sensations that start with only lasting a few minutes until it progress to lasting more than 30 minutes. Plus I was extremely tired coming home from work and sleeping a couple of hours.

When I talked to my Dr he checked all my B1, B6 and B12 levels. My B1 was low which really affects the mind, and my B12 was at 202. Lab level of normal for B12 was 200, however my Dr believes that 400 is low. I know now when my levels are low and we cen catch and he increases my B12 shots. Unfortunately I have not been able to get my levels up and keep them up. I have also been diagnosed with anemia, currently my blood work shows no signs of the anemia however my Iron is very low. (mine is 35 low normal is 65).

I was also told at one point I had sleep apnea and did not pushed the Dr's into giving me another sleep study. The 2nd one reflect that it was I was fine and not significant enough to be causing any problems.

It is important that you determine whether this is sleep apnea or low vitmamin levels before you have surgery. Although I was being treated for Low Iron and low B Vitamins (Prenacious Anemia) prior to surgery, I have developed nerve issues that may be because I had surgery with this problem. I just read about this complication to surgery tonight emailed it off to my PCP and I am waiting for his response. Since they can not determine why I am losing sensation in certain parts of my body.

I do not want to scare but I do not want anyone to have the issues I am having after surgery. And to check the B Vitamin levels is a simple blood test.

If you want more details please PM me.

I hope that you are able to work with your Dr to determine the problem.

Let us know how things work out.

hey stevee check ur pm :) ya i have some pretty bad memory too i cant remember peoples names or things i have done in the past few weeks its not so severe it interups my daily life i was told though when i sleep i hiccup ??? wth is that lol i dont breathe through my nose maybe thats y