Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the..............was I thinking????

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez! What the heck was I thinking??? I ate...........dare I say it??? a whole entire godiva chocolate ice cream you know the kind in the small containers. Yep, and now I feel like yuuuuuuuuck why did I do that? I sat down to watch my favorite show and thought you know it has been quite a while since I have had some ice cream so I got up and decided to have just a few bites...well the rest is history I ate the entire container! It has been four months since my surgery I have lost a total of 33 lbs but now I feel like I really screwed up has anyone else done something dumb like this?? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez talk about a trigger food I didnt even know I liked ice cream that much it just happened....:)

Ice cream is my weakness too. And ice cream is a real danger since it goes down sooooooooooo easily. Only once (in the last year since banding) have I eaten a whole container! And I regretted it - and felt sick.

However, I do still have ice cream. But I have to really watch how often and how much.

Don't despair. We all do dumb things sometimes. But once is not the end of the world.

Mary

I'm envious that you only tripped up this one time! I trip up regularly, and last night ate nearly a pint of Ben & Jerry's finest (new flavor called Di's candy Store, chocolate ice cream with candy bars.)

Yesterday I was in a motorcycle class in extreme heat for 5 hours straight. I sweat my butt off, plus all the physical endurance of riding, standing, squeezing my knees into the bike, etc. I probably lost 2 pounds yesterday, and I had too much restriction to eat a salad for dinner. So I ate some ice cream, which turned into the whole container (I forced myself to throw away the last few spoons.)

So much for kicking fat's butt all day in the sun. One 20 minute session with ice cream erased my entire day. But today I finish the class, and it's supposed to be an 11 hour day on the bikes. My muscles are so sore from yesterday, so maybe I'll burn off the ice cream and just hope I didn't put a pound on!

Ice cream is my queen... when it comes to ice cream, I AM the weakest link!

O.K., so you splurged one time. Now, get back on the band wagon. I allow myself a daily splurge - one Blue Bunny (Walmart) Choco- nut ice cream bar (90 cal.), one Fudge Sicle (35 cal.), one Jello Fat-free pudding (100 cal.), or one Yoplait Light Fat-free yogurt (100 cal.) This seems to satisfy my sweet tooth keeps me from feeling deprived, and I don't feel like I have to eat the whole box. It might be slowing down my weight loss, but I feel like I'm living in the real world.:)

I eat a Blue Bunny fudge bar every night, it just kind of signals me that that is the last thing I can eat for the night. It is only 35 calories, and it is one serving.

Betty

I am so hooked on the McDonalds ice cream cones. It is the best soft serve ice cream. It has 150 calories per cone. I'm not gonna tell ya'll how often I slip up on them, but not more than once a day!!

Thanks everyone! Again, point taken I need to get back on track.......I realize it must have been an emotional thing or hormonal take your pick....but ice cream goes down way too easy for me so now I know better. The funny thing is I really did not have a problem with it in the past prior to the banding it was mostly carbs..potatoe chips..salty stuff bread Pasta that kind of thing that I clearly cannot eat now. It used to be I would really want the bread and pasta I craved it so now I look at it and say ouch that is gonna hurt going down so I look at it differently. Thank you everyone for your insight.....now I need to get back to exercising too...:)