Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is a poem wrote by Rosie Dehli, I heard this on the PBS documentary last night and its everything I feel and gives me more courage to finially go through with surgery. Hope everyone will enjoy!

Rosie's Poem: I Want To Live

< Meet the Characters: Rosie Dehli

To whom it may concern:

I want to live. I want to be healthy. I want energy. I want to be in control.

I want to walk without pain and stand without pain.

I want normal legs that are not swollen.

I want normal ankles and feet that are not swollen.

I want to sleep comfortably at night without pain in my legs, feet and hips.

I want to be able to sleep a good night's sleep.

I want to have no pain in my back from the load that is on the front.

I want to have energy to do what normal people do.

I want to be able to walk...and walk with my daughter.

I want to be able to walk up stairs.

I want to be able to get out of a chair...and be able to sit in any chair and not worry that it is going to break.

I want to sit on the floor and play with my grandchildren...and get up again.

I want to tie my shoes and put on panty hose.

I want to know that the seat belt will fit.

I want to be able to entertain people in my home without having my body ache for days afterwards.

I want to be able to clean my house and do my chores like normal people do.

I want to go on a trip with my husband and not worry about being tired and so very scared that I won't be able to make it.

I want to be able to stand up in church without pain.

I want to dance.

I want people to look at me and see the best part of me, not the fat.

I want to see acceptance on peoples faces when I walk into a room...and never again feel the pain of rejections and disgust and inferred weakness of will.

I want to not be the butt of jokes about my size.

I want to be close to people and not be afraid to give them the best of me.

I want to FINALLY be successful in this lifetime battle. I don't want to fail again.

.......I want to be healthy............I want to have energy..........

.............................I want to be in control..............................

......................I WANT TO LIVE......................

help me.... please!joys.

Argon, congratulations on your weight loss...I've been reading a lot of your posts and threads and you sound very inspirational and real.

I am Rosie Dehli

I am the author of the poem..and am the person in Chapter 8 of the PBS "Fat, What they aren't telling you" documentary.

The poem was part of the justification writing that I had to do before I had gastric by pass surgery....(not lap band). After investigating the options, this is what I chose.

Surgery was the best thing that I have ever done for myself. It does not solve the problem however! I still must be VERY disciplined in exercising and planning my meals. I also have been on a research mission to better understand nutrition and the role that food and exercise play in my health....

Life is good! :tongue_smilie:

Sincerely,

Rosie Dehli