Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello, everyone! The weekend is almost here...hubby comes home tomorrow...tomorrow is Grampa's last radiation treatment EVER...and I'm hitting Vegas on Monday morning! All is wonderful!

Grampa's doing FANTASTIC, by the way! Thanks for the concern guys, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the ONE-derland congrats, O2B! (O2B...Obi Wan...naw!) I finally freaking made it! Only took me a month and a half longer than planned! ACK!

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYBODY!

(THIS is the kind of Friday I need right about now!)

HappyFriday.jpg

Stef - THAT kind of Friday would have me laid out on the ground!... and crawling for a toilet! I never could to tequila!

Suzzzie, You go girl. Wow the body bugg must be inspirational or something. The weight is falling off good job. Ticker moving makes me feel great. Keep up the good work.

Sheila

SHEILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can now get the BodyBugg at 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs for like $159!!!!! I'm NOT KIDDING! The discount will show when you add it to the 'basket' and check out! I' MAD cause I paid $229 for mine just 2 weeks ago. Lol. BUT I did go back and order the $99 display watch for only $59!!! Wooooooo-hooooooooo! I'm friggin EXCITED! Hooooorah!:whoo:

Lol. OK, so I was a bit excited. I was thinking you wanted one... maybe not? ha! EITEHR WAY - EVERYONE should buy one at this price! Lol.

WOMBAT712!!! I KNOW YOU WANT ONE!! Lol. am I leading you into temptation yet... ANYONE...

ha.

OK. I'm done now.

Beckie and Suzzzie You both look FANTASTIC!! You can really see it in you photos....but why doesn't anyone SMILE!:)

Stef welcome to ONE..derland!!! You jumped right in(down) there!! :whoo:Glad all is ok with you, I am glad for gramps... I bet you are excited for Monday..we want pictures!

Suzzzie I have not looked up the bodybug yet. I need to check out all the excitement! I like price of $159 better. You are doing so well.

I am believing that the band has a mind of its own. I had my third fill on october 8, totalling 6cc. I had a bit of difference in the first few days but then after three weeks the restriction really kicked in. I have had food get stuck that I could eat before and been in pain. But just slime here and there, no pbing. Not yet, which beleive me I am not complaining. My biggest question now is if I should get a fill on November 13 or cancel it? I really dont want to get to a point of not eating at all. I think I may be in that sweet spot now, and need to work with it. I am not losing weight as quickly but that is do to 2 reasons; eating bad stuff such as Halloween candy and not exercising.

What do you all think? :help:

Janine, sometimes it could kick in if you are menstruating or under stress. Make sure it's not that first. Maybe decide in another week. I wish mine would suddenly kick in like that. Can you eat a normal 1 cup healthy meal. If you can't, I wouldn't get another fill.

I have booked one for next Wednesday. I can't exactly pig out but can eat a bit more than I used to. I'm disgusted with myself for eating more just 'cos I can. Sometimes I'm worried that I'm choosing easier foods (soft vegies over salad) and drinking too soon after meals and adding extra cals but I haven't been too naughty really. I still should be losing. Maybe I should experiment a little there but no...I want fill!

I'm glad there's no Halloween here as I would be led into temptation.

I was really angry today (workload but mostly hormones) so I took at all my anger in the gym. Sure, I ate as well but it was nice to have another outlet for my feelings. I jogged on the treadmill for 10 mins (keep in mind I'm only a tad under 300 pounds) and all kinds of other stuff for almost an hour. I felt a lot calmer afterwards. Maybe I can learn new behaviours. 3 months ago I did absolutely no exercise ever and now I make sure I get at least 30 mins every day, even if it's just a walk. I'll give myself a pat on the back for that at least.

Great to here from you Stef and to hear about your grandfather. I'm sure you'll have a blast in vegas now. I see you have your drinks planned already.

Oh and what did I forget? That's right.

ONEderland! You legend!

We are so proud of you because we know just how hard you worked to get rid of every ounce.

:whoo:

:D:kiss2::clap2::bounce::becky::banana:cheer2:;):):Banane10::Banane48::mad::):woot::Banane11::Banane21:

Beckie and Suzzzie You both look FANTASTIC!! You can really see it in you photos....but why doesn't anyone SMILE!;)

Stef welcome to ONE..derland!!! You jumped right in(down) there!! :whoo:Glad all is ok with you, I am glad for gramps... I bet you are excited for Monday..we want pictures!

Suzzzie I have not looked up the bodybug yet. I need to check out all the excitement! I like price of $159 better. You are doing so well.

I am believing that the band has a mind of its own. I had my third fill on october 8, totalling 6cc. I had a bit of difference in the first few days but then after three weeks the restriction really kicked in. I have had food get stuck that I could eat before and been in pain. But just slime here and there, no pbing. Not yet, which beleive me I am not complaining. My biggest question now is if I should get a fill on November 13 or cancel it? I really dont want to get to a point of not eating at all. I think I may be in that sweet spot now, and need to work with it. I am not losing weight as quickly but that is do to 2 reasons; eating bad stuff such as Halloween candy and not exercising.

What do you all think? :help:

Janine: Go to your appt and talk to the doc or np whoever you see there. THey will help you decide if you need a fill or not based on your loss and your eating experiences. I was unsure last time if I should get a fill and the NP was like 'You don't need one! You lost 14 pounds!' Lol. ANd its true... cause its now been 7 weeks since the last fill and I'm still having what I consider to be perfect restriction, and i'm rarely hungry.

Oh yeah, and my scales just weighed me in at 319.2!!!! :) And just for reference, I started this journey at 382!!! I'm soooo thrilled!

Stef: I hope you have a fabulous time in Las Vegas!!

Suzzziee - it doesn't show that lovely price ;) It came up as $300+ at checkout.

Stephanie!!! I'm glad to know all is well with you; enjoy your weekend in Vegas!!

I'm baaaaacccckkk!

Hey all, I'm just popping in to say hi. I kinda dropped out of posting and checking the site but now I'm outta my funk and back.

Just wanted to say you guys are doing great and damn, I've got a lot of posts to read to catch up! ;)

Suzzziee - it doesn't show that lovely price :) It came up as $300+ at checkout.

Stephanie!!! I'm glad to know all is well with you; enjoy your weekend in Vegas!!

Yeah... for some weird reason they jacked the price back up this morning... soooo frustrating! I'm just happy that I got my display watch for $66! Lol. Keep checking it out, they are sure to drop again as the holidays approach!

Welcome back FarmerE. This thread has been a tremendous help for me. I can't praise you guys enough.

Insub....you deserve A LOT of praise yourself!!!!!

You are amazing :confused:

Cheers!

Toni

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the site and I've been navigating my way around checking things out. I'm really excited to find so many people with the band and see the progress. You are all an inspiration to me. Suzzie ~ I ordered a bodybugg because you typed me into it :confused:. It should be here early next week. I was able to get it for the $196 deal. Awesome! I'm trying to figure out how to get my pics on the site. I take a monthly pic and would love to share. I'm not exactly a techi so it may take me a bit.

Banded 6/18/07 by Dr. Kam in Ypsilanti, MI

pre op/current/goal

260/201/140

Welcome Karla!! And congrats on getting Bugged! Lol. You'll have to let me know how you like it - I think its amazing, and I'm soooo used to wearing it now that I don't even notice it - I find myself checking my arm several times a day just to make sure its still there!

Thanks Toni. You are sweet and you were so good leading the way when we all got banded.

I'm actually in a 'down' phase right now. It's partly work, partly weight *sigh*. Of course, I won't disappear when I quote FarmerE 'get into a funk'. You'll hear all about it, I'm sure.