Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

ladyhr I would call your doc's office again. If you cant' keep Water down, then it sounds like you need an unfill. From what I read this appears to be the general doctor practice. A slite underfill might do the trick. you don't want to get dehyrdated. for food stuck some drink pinapple juice.

We had a luncheon today and I could not eat salad. one bite and it was stuck. I only ate a little. rather than walk away, I had a sliver of chocolate cream pie from a local bakery everyone loves. I passed up homemade carrot cake a coworker makes for all birthdays, I feel at least I did not eat both!!

where is Stefanie? and the rest of the gang?? Hope all is ok.

Hi all,

Well I had an extremely scary day yesterday. I had a headache all day. On my way home from work I stopped and bought some liquid Tylenol. I sat in my car for about 3 - 4 minutes after I took it because I just didn't feel like I could drive it hurt that bad. I started home again getting on highway 18 from Covington. I had only driven about a minute when I just knew that I was going to pass out so I pulled over. I couldn't get my head between my knees because of the steering wheel so I put my seat back as far as it would go and layed down after cranking up the air conditioning to help cool me down. As soon as I layed back I got extreme pain in my sternum area. I felt like I couldn't breathe or talk. I knew 911 wouldn't be able to understand me so I called my friend who had just left work with me. I knew she would know what direction I was going. She called 911 for me. It seemed like forever before they got there but it was only about 5 minutes. I thought I was having a heart attack!!! the firemen got there, then they called for the medics because they realized they couldn't help me. I don't even really remember how they got me out of the car but then I was in the ambulance and hooked up to an EKG. He said that my heart rhythms looked fine so then I thought "OH GOD NO, please don't let my band have slipped! Luckily I wear an emergency Bracelet so they knew that I have had the band. I told them I wanted to go to St. Francis so that's where we went. My BP was really high (I always have it really low) and the pain was almost unbearable - worse than child birth!! They finally got an OK to give me some Morphine which helped greatly for about 2 minutes then they had to keep giving it to me. I don't even know how much I got. After about 2 hours the pain finally was under control. they took me for a CT Scan which showed the band was fine, THANK YOU GOD!!! I was so scared that I was going to have to have it removed!!!

I finally left the ER about 12:30 that night. They said my heart was fine and the band looked fine so since the pain seemed under control I could go home. I saw Dr. Srikanth today and he said everything is still good too! YEAH, but now what? What caused all that? He said his best guess is that I had an esophogeal spasm or something like that. Basically he doesn't know but just to hope that it doesn't happen again.

I'm so grateful that the band is OK. I prayed so hard that nothing major would be wrong but I also want to know what caused it. I just don't want it to ever happen again. I honestly thought I was dying. Maybe that sounds wimpy but I have a really strong pain tolerance and this was unlike anything I've ever experienced before.

Today I just feel truly blessed. I'm OK, my kids and hubby are OK.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

Dawn

Dawn, what a horrible experience. I feel so bad for you. And then not to know what caused it must make it worse. I am so glad all is fine now, but I sure hope you learn what caused it so that you never have to go through it again.

Have you had severe headaches before.

Also, did you eat anything before that could have caused the pain?

I am so glad that the band did not cause this trouble.

Keep up the prayers, they do help.

I will be praying for you also.

the bowl I use is the smallest in the container set I have. It holds 1 1/2 cups of liquid all the way to the top. So I probably have a 1 cup of food at a meal when I can eat the whole thing. He said that size was just about right, he said think about eating a portion about the size of your fist.

Dawn - how scary for you! I am glad you had the presence of mind to pull over! I would agree with the esophageal spasm - they can mimic some heart attack symptoms. I think that is what happened to husband after he had his scope a couple of weeks ago. He was fine when we got home, he helped me get ready for a party we were having and then said he was going upstairs to shower, I told him to go on to bed. My daughter came down a hour later and said - Daddy is sleeping on the floor. I ran upstairs and found him passed out - I have no idea how long he was there. I was able to get him up and in to bed. He was in pain, but was able to lie down and go to sleep, he got up the next morning and was okay except for all his on going issues. Very scary!

On the husband front - things seem to be improving still. He is able to eat more things and has been having left overs from our Mexican dinner on Sunday - except the beef. He goes in Monday for a blood test to make sure the H.Pylori is out of his system.

Off to bed - another early flight in the morning!

Dawn what a horrifying experience. I am glad you're okay. It's wise advice to wear a band...I need to look into that. I hope you don't have a repeat episode.

On another note, I guess I didn't realize you're a Pacific Northwest girl too! :rolleyes:

Hey everyone-- gotta say I am very frustrated right now-- I got a fill 3 weeks ago-- l;ost 7 lbs that week because couldn't eat- now 3 weeks later still can't eat much at all before I am PBing-- usually just slimy muscous- but am not loosing either-- if I was loosing it would not be so frustrating. Do you think I am not getting enough Protein? But how do I get more protein if I have so much toruble eating? I can get Protein Shakes down but am getting really tired of them-- I want a hamburger so badly right now or even a salad--Thanks for letting me vent.. I had my bad placed June 21 and have lost 22 lbs. I am happy with that but really think I chould be loosing faster since I can't eat. any idesa ot help jump start things?

Hey junies--I haven't posted in a while, but I read EVERYDAY!!!!

Mjsafari--Glad your husband is doing well. I saw your pictures on the subgroup and you both are doing extremely well.

Dawn--I'm sorry to hear about your episode. Hopefully it was the first and the last.

All--I think this is the week that Stef is on vacation with her husband.

It's time for me to get a fill. My weight is staying the same--and I can eat ANYTHING. Yesterday, I ate 3 chicken selects from McDonalds with no problems. Then I came home and had a Gordan's fish fillet. Today, I had Soup and salad (1 salad/2 bowls of soup) from Olive Garden. Then I had a cookie and creamed spinch from Boston Market...too much food!!!!

IN SPITE OF THE food INTAKE, I DID SOMETHING GOOD FOR ME!!! I joined my neighborhood gym. Today was the last day for the special...The good thing is that I convienced my friend to join with me...We have committed to 3 times a week and some Saturdays.

Thanks BigBaby!

Good for you on the gym, I wish I could get myself moving.

As someone pointed out when I move to Nashville, I will be by myself for awhile, so I will have no kid excuse not to work out. Maybe I will join one then.

Wow Dawn!! HOw scary! I'm certainly glad you are fine, but FREAKY that no one knows exactly what it was!! Let us know if you find anything else out!

As for me... Things have been well. My computer is haing issues, so for some reason it doesn't stay online for very long. So annoying! (Crossing my fingers that this will post!)

Last night was the second meeting of the weightloss challenge I signed up for. I'd lost 4 pounds and 6.25 inches total. I was very pleased with that! Afterwards we went to the gym to work out with the personal trainer we get each week (only 8 of us signed up to take advantage of this - we all share the same 30 minutes in a workout session) so we did this awesome set where we combined cardio with weights and the balance ball thing. I had alot of difficulty with the more 'dance-y' steps cause I'm NOT coordinated at ALL! Lol. But it was fun and really worked us out! It gave me bunches of ideas for when I'm at my gym working out alone. :)

I go to my next doc appt on Friday. I'm excited to see what my weightloss is... I haven't changed mt ticker since my last doc appt... so on Friday evening I'm hoping to make a BIG change on the ticker.

Everyone else seems to be doing good. Hang in there all!! We're making it!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?!?!

OK. Since I have this thread all to myself today... I wanna brag about myself!

I got in all my Protein, I ate my veggies, and got in my dairy. That rarely happens!

I've been going through my closet... I've found that I can wear a few more shirts that I couldn't wear the past 1-2 years. One is a really cute top I bought 1 1/2 years ago and I gotto wear it last night! :cool: It still had tags on it!

Speaking of tags. I found another pair of size 28 jeans and a pair of 26 jeans with tags still on them. I tried them on and they both fit. Lol. OK the 26s were tight, but I WILL wear them for thanksgiving! Its funny, cause I rememebr when I bought them (on clearance at Lane Bryant for like $10!) they didn't fit and I took a pic of myself trying to zip them up! My fat tummy was all hanging out. Lol! Once the jeans really fit me I will post both pics! Its AMAZING! Actually, the 28s were a bit baggy, but I just wasked and dried them, so they'll probably be tight now. Hahahaa!

OK. WHERE ARE YOU ALL!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I have my doc appointment tomorrow... HOPING TO REALLY MOVE THAT TICKER OF MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn I was wondering what your Bracelet says. I have been thinking about getting one but wasn't really sure what it should say that emergency people would understand what is meant on it. I saw some really cute ones on line to purchase. There not all stainless steele ones any more.

The clothes thing is going to drive me crazy! I'm going to be naked soon!! I only have two pairs of pants that don't fall off and I've got about 5 shirts. I've undergrown all my shorts and winter clothes. YIKES!! I need a raise :0)

I moved a year ago and I just chucked absolutely everything that I wasn't wearing (couldn't wear).

I can't complain too much though - I'm down two sizes!!!:whoo:

Congrats Suzzie on your size changes!! Can't wait to see your ticker move!

Huntersmom - do you have a link to those cute bracelets you found? I've been thinking about that and I feel like I need to have some sort of identifier for doctors.

Thanks! Have a FABULOUS Day y'all!

I love the LIVE LOVE LAUGH one. I'm curious, what do you have engraved on your medical ID Bracelet? "LAPAROSCOPIC GASTRIC BANDING" or "THIS PERSON HAS A GASTRIC BAND" or ???