Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

stef I understand your thoughts on the fills, are you at 5.1cc, if I added correctly? I am at 5.75cc. I am hoping to just get a tweak on 10/8. I don't want to get to much, but I feel this week it has been loser if that makes sense. I am right behind you with Onderlandddd....! I am hoping that I get there by my doctor appointment, 3lbs. I have not been there in 3 years or more. Every time I joined wieght watches I would get to 190 something and stop with discouragement, so I am getting excited.

Your slide show is great thanks for sharing!

Rhonda your doctor sounds very good! you are doing great, and every lb down is a step in the right direction!

I see a new GP today, I need to get blood drawn since my surgery for my thyroid check and an enhaler for my asthma. I have not been back to the gym since last week when I had a bit of a breathing problem. I did not have that happen in years. but I can feel the air struggling when I am resting. I have friends who go to this doc so I am hoping I like her. My last GP was not good. he did not agree with the Band and thought with all the energy I was giving thinking of the surgery I could lose weight. He was not helpful and simple minded!!! When he said that, I knew our relationship was over!

Happy fills this week!!

Hey all! I'm finally back from vacation. I had a great time visiting my best friend in Houston!!

I will have to work on catching up with ya'll over the next day or so. Eh, maybe I can get it all done tonight if I read fast? Haha!!

THis morning the scales said 341.4... before vacation I was still hovering around 345, so I'm pleased. though I won't change my ticker until I go to the doc again.

Also... would I be considered a cheater at a weightloss challenge? My city is having a weightloss challenge between Oct 2 and Thanksgiving, $30 to enter, and whoever loses the most % of body fat wins the jackpot - which is variable depending on how many enter. I figure I"m losing weight anyway... may as well try to win some Christmas shopping money while I'm at it! WHat do you think?

Stef, that slideshow was great. What a wonderful family. I got to say, Robbie has a kind of Bruce Willis thing going on. You are all so cute together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja9va viewpost.gif

stef I understand your thoughts on the fills, are you at 5.1cc, if I added correctly? I am at 5.75cc. I am hoping to just get a tweak on 10/8. I don't want to get to much, but I feel this week it has been loser if that makes sense. I am right behind you with Onderlandddd....! I am hoping that I get there by my doctor appointment, 3lbs. I have not been there in 3 years or more. Every time I joined wieght watches I would get to 190 something and stop with discouragement, so I am getting excited.

Your slide show is great thanks for sharing!

Thanks on the slide show...they are fun to put together!

Yes, I am at 5.1 CC's now, which is more than I was remembering before I verified with the office this week. Still, I don't think it's enough. Especially since I am paying for it myself! I want my money's worth! We will see how it goes.

I know you and I are neck and neck for ONE-derland! That is fantastic! I'm excited, too! It has been about 15 years or so since I was in the one hundreds, so I think this is awesome! I hope to be at 185 by vacation, but that may be a rather lofty goal. Here's trying, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeygirl viewpost.gif

Stef, that slideshow was great. What a wonderful family. I got to say, Robbie has a kind of Bruce Willis thing going on. You are all so cute together.

Thank you, JoeyGirl! They ARE a wonderful family, aren't they?!?!? And trust me when I tell you that the show is named appropriately...we really are a bunch of goofballs...every one of us!

Bruce Willis, huh? Thank you! I think Bruce is a hottie! cool.gif

Also... would I be considered a cheater at a weightloss challenge? My city is having a weightloss challenge between Oct 2 and Thanksgiving, $30 to enter, and whoever loses the most % of body fat wins the jackpot - which is variable depending on how many enter. I figure I"m losing weight anyway... may as well try to win some Christmas shopping money while I'm at it! WHat do you think?

I'm glad you had a good vacation! I'm supposedly on vacation now (sitting at home, BORING!)

I dunno about whether you'd be a cheater or not. At work there is a Biggest Loser challenge going on. It was $100 to enter, top 3 of % weight lost splits the pot. I didn't enter because I thought perhaps I was cheating. But then again, I haven't been filled, so I don't know if I'd be cheating, I waffled until the challenge started and thus, didn't enter. But a city challenge, who's to say if there isn't someone who had bypass in it, too? I say go for it, it's X-mas moola, right?

Suzzzie - I agree with Faith - you are dieting and exercising, just like everyone else in the challenge, so unless the rules specifically state no surgery patients, I would go for. What city is the challenge for? Welcome back from vacation!

Faith - love your 297.4 - WAY TO GO!

Stef - I will have to check out the slide show from home, they are blocked at work. Thanks for Sharing!

Janine - sorry you are having breathing problems, hopefully your continued weight loss will help that.

DH update - surgeon called today and said he has H.Pylori, which is a bacteria in the stomach. So finally we have something treatable. We are waiting for the GI doc to call him in some antibiotics.

Happy Hump day everyone!

OH - I forgot my very big NSV! I flew Southwest yesterday to Nashville. I buckled the belt, put the armrest down and put the tray table down. I can't tell you the last time I was able to do that!

Hey all! I'm finally back from vacation. I had a great time visiting my best friend in Houston!!

Suzzzie......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:omg: We were going to meet! What happened?!? I can't believe I missed you!:)

:girl_hug:Toni

I don't get the squirrel picture posted by Stef. :) ("You are awesome if you get this picture"). BUT, I just LOVED the one (for Insub's NSV, I think) with Ricky Gervais that said "You are awesome!" He TOTALLY cracks me up! :)

~Toni

I don't get the squirrel picture posted by Stef. :) ("You are awesome if you get this picture"). BUT, I just LOVED the one (for Insub's NSV, I think) with Ricky Gervais that said "You are awesome!" He TOTALLY cracks me up! :)

~Toni

That's okay, Toni! I don't know if anyone at all got it! :biggrin1: Everyone here is awesome whether they "get" my stuff or not...I'm just silly most of the time! I just thought it was the coolest thing when I saw that pic and it "kind of" went along with me saying I wanted her secret.

You are about my age...remember the show "Secret Squirrel"? LOL With his sidekick, Morocco Mole? It just "took me back", is all. Here is a video clip that might jog your memory:

Secret Squirrel TV Show

Hi All,

I'm just back from my Dr. checkup and I had good news. At the start of my WLS endeavor My Goal was to get off Blood Pressure medicine. Well I'm on my way there I came off a Blood Pressure Medicine today that I've been on for 30 years . I'm sooo Happy about this . So my dreams are coming true. Ive lost 33 # and have more to go but this definetly tells me results can and do happen.

Thanks for listening,

Sheila

Janine, Sorry to hear your GP was close minded about the lap band. You deserve better.

Maybe you can educate him?

Good Luck, Sheila

Suzzzie, Congratulations on your vacation weight loss. You'll be my inspiration, because I'm on Vacation next week. I hope I can do As well as you. As for the challenge go for it. You are working hard at your weight loss.

Keep us updated, good Luck

Sheila

Missy, Thats a great NSV. Seat belts are a pain. I hope to do the same on Saturday I will be flying to Florida. I'll let you know,

Sheila