Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

lo2us-that is amazing...can't wait for that feeling. i will be waiting a looooong time though, since my first fill isn't till September.

I need to get exercising....I have been at my moms and it has been tricky.

I go home later today, so my excuses are gone. The good news is that flying will take my appetite away for a few days!

Suzzzie! You cutie! I am going to walk today :)You and Nina, and BB inspire me! I guess I have to walk at least 9 more times in July, but I was thinking it was too late to join the July challenge, so I'll def. join the August one!

Haha. Well, I try to inspire - mostly cause it keeps ME going. It's purely selfish, I assure you. I try to get my aunt to go to the gym with me so much this past winter that she quit answering her phone! She said I was too pushy and made her dread the gym!!! I was so crushed!

ANYWAY. OK, so walk now... warm up for the August Challenge. (I'll probably still be working on my JULY challenge! I'm only at 195 of 900 minutes! I think I was overly ambitious!)

lo2us-that is amazing...can't wait for that feeling. i will be waiting a looooong time though, since my first fill isn't till September.

Good grief! Why is that? You poor dear.

Ya know I thought I had no band effects at all but had a half a piece of white bread today and was in a world of pain for an hour or so. I chewed it till it was mush but the band insisted it was poison. Well there's one thing to strike off the list, I am not sticking to the diet but I am not binging and that is a good thing. I see the dietician tomorrow, hope she does't weigh me:eek:

Toni, let me know if your second fill does the trick, fingers crossed for you

Ahhh don't worry Marga. It's not weight watchers.

Everyone's talk about exercise got me off my butt for a 30 min walk. I admit that I enjoyed it and I can definitely notice that I'm lighter and I can walk quicker and more easily. I know the people with long-term success all exercise. What the heck is my problem?

bread got stuck huh? I haven't tried it yet for that reason. Have had a few crackers though.

My food demons are really getting to me this week. It's tough sometimes. It always seems to rear its ugly head when I'm worried and under pressure at work. *Sigh* It's a transition, isn't it?

Am still really happy I am banded and I hope everyone else is too.

Everyone's talk about exercise got me off my butt for a 30 min walk. I admit that I enjoyed it and I can definitely notice that I'm lighter and I can walk quicker and more easily. I know the people with long-term success all exercise. What the heck is my problem?

quote]

Insub....your problem is MY problem, too! My husband just asked if "I was going to get on the treadmill this morning?" Ugggggggggggggggh. Do I have to? <insert annoying whiney voice!>:biggrin1:

Good grief! Why is that? You poor dear.

i honestly am not sure....my doctor does them regularly at 8 weeks, the date they have set is 10 weeks.

now that i am back in town i am going to ask about it...that just seems like too long. i felt deprived when i found out he waited 8, this is just torture!!!

:faint:

Toni, let me know if your second fill does the trick, fingers crossed for you

Thanks, Marga, heaven knows I need a little help!:)

Hi, everyone:

Cbm - I would die if I had to wait 10 weeks for a fill.

I'm 3 weeks post-op now and most of the time "starving". I'm trying to stop eating at 1/2 cup but it isn't working! Every once in a while I will feel full after 1/2 cup but not usually. Then I'm ravenous way before the 4 hours are up. I know we are supposed to be practicing but when you have "huge hunger" it's not fun. Anyone else have this experience pre-fill?

Thankfully, I'm getting a fill on the 19th - can't wait!

Also, traveling during the work week has been a challenge to pre-plan my food. So far, I'm sticking to less than 1000 calories a day and getting 65g Protein. I miss my carbs!

Hope you all have a great week!

o2bethin...Hang in there, I understand everything you said. I lost the majority of my weight pre opt and only I think 3/4 since June 7! It is frustrating. I am not going for my fill unitl July 31..yuk

Nina do you know if your doc left any Fluid in your band after surgery? My nurse said sometimes the doctor my leave some in there. My nurse feels I may have some because I feel restriction now, like I can't eat bread, chicken and some other foods. But I can eat some foods I shouldn't and don't get that full feeling to often. What did your doc say about what happened?

Beckie Wow passing up on cheescake from the cheesecake factory!! That is great. I love that place and I am glad there is not one closer than an hour from me!

Marga My dh and I were headed out of town on Friday and I wanted to eat something. so I bought a turkey sandwhich on toasted rye, to split with him. Well my dh lucked out because after one bite, I knew I could not eat it.

Toni good luck with your #2 fill! I am envious, but we can learn from you!

Big question for you all...why can't we drink soda? Is it due to gas? burping? Well, I am not a soda drinker, before surgery I may drink one soda in a week. This weekend I was at my brothers 50th birthday party and had a couple drinks with diet mountain dew. I did not even think about it until my way home today and a Light Bulb went off, and I was like OMG! Do you think I am ok?

The good thing about the party is I ate good, stayed away from bad, made good choices.

Okay, so no one stab me here. I haven't had the incredible "actual" hunger everyone else has been describing here, so I could be way off base. But are those of you that are super hungry getting enough to drink? I find that even if hunger hits, if I take 1/2 hr to an hour to finish a tall glass of something, the hunger is TOTALLY gone. I'm not "full", mind you, but I'm not starving either. That helps me get through to my next meal.

Just for fun, I've been putting ice, crystal light and Water into a blender and making a super-cold low-cal drink. I find that it also helps me figure out if my stomach is really empty or not. I can feel the cold going down. So, if I feel it going down very quickly, I know I can eat safely. If it goes slowly, I know there is still food in there so I should wait a while before eating more.

About exercise, I haven't been doing it as regularly as I'd like, although I have been more active in general. Before, I'd let my house get filthy before I started to clean it (I've always been a messy person), but now I'm up cleaning every day. Then, when time allows and it's relaxing for me, I go walking at the local park for a few hours. I know it's not really enough, but with summer camp for my daughter and work I have zero time to hit the (free) gym at work, and I'm petrified of exercising outside because of dehydration. Come fall I should be back on a normal schedule and able to exercise in a gym again.

Okay, sorry for the long winded post. I haven't been on for a few days and I've been thinking about all of this stuff for the last few days, jsut waiting to get back online! :faint:

Toni--I remember you and someone else saying that your were apart of JourneyLite (I think that's the name). I saw this on another post and was wondering if you knew about the new bariatric chef for JourneyLite. I copied it so that you could read it....If you choose to participate, please share the recipes with us, if it's permited by the program.

World's First Bariatric Chef, 'Chef Dave' Fouts, Partners up with ... - Emediawire (p

World's First Bariatric Chef, 'Chef Dave' Fouts, Partners up with ...

Emediawire (press release), WA - Jul 12, 2007

"Chef Dave" Fouts, the world's first chef focused on Weight Loss Surgery Patients will serve as Executive Chef for each of JourneyLite's specialty Lap Band ...

More...

Hi KT, My surgery isn't in June but I'll be banded 1 year June 8th. Good luck to you. You will love being banded. Julie

Hi My name is diane and i have been banded on june 26th o7 and did very well. after i went to my dr a week after my band he said i can eat muchie foods and i did so. I go get so full much soon then i use to but i just want to make sure im not doing anything wrong.Its now been 3 weeks since i got banded and i am eating everything but carefully. I can sometime feel i better stop eating and stop. My stomack keep rumbling all day off and on does anyone else have this problem? I get my first fill on aug 16 back to liq then i guess. Please tell if im ok ? diane

The explanation that I got about drinking carbonated beverages was like this. The carbonation creates gas and bubbles that stretch the stomach temporaraly. It is like filling a ballon (your stomach) with air. Then you let the air out. Then blow up the balloon again for awhile and let the air out again. If you do that to a balloon, eventually it is all stretched out and looses its elasticisity. Thats what the carbonation does to your stomach. Makes sense to me. I must admit, giving up the soda was not near as hard as I thought it would be. My trouble is finding something I like to replace the Fluid. I know I am not getting enough liquid, but nothing has the zip that I am after.