Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

O2bthin; I feel for you I was banded on June 19th I am down but not fast enough I am sure if you keep up what teh docs say it will come off probably a large amount when it starts

Hang in there

I do not feel any restriction with my fill. I had 1cc put into my 4cc band on Monday. I have felt no different. Last night I had a boca burger with the top of the bun and it didn't get stuck. I was worried that is was going too. I took little bites and chewed and chewed. I do feel like I can eat anything still. I wish I couldn't though.

Hello all! Just thought I'd share a discovery for "band-friendly" chinese take out. I was on my way home last night and did not feel like cooking so I grabbed a small hot and sour Soup and an order of steamed bean curd (tofu) and mixed veggies. I poured the soup on top of the veggies and tofu for flavor. YUM!

I only ate about 1/3 of my food and was full... tofu tends to fill me pretty quickly. Just thought you might like to have an option available incase you find yourself just grabbing some takeout.

And boy, did I get in troooooouble.....:flame:

.....no, not for not losing enough weight, but for not exercising consistenly or enough! I guess I'm (we're?) supposed to exercise at least every 24 to 48 hours. Yikes! Which means if there's an August exercise challenge, I'll be joining. I just cannot get motivated to do it/don't like it/don't enjoy it while I'm doing it. And I have a really nice, new treadmill, because walking is my exercise of choice IF I'm made to choose and a gym membership!

Other than that, I'm getting my 2nd Fill this Monday. ;-) Probably just a baby one, but glad to be getting some more restriction nonetheless. He said the first fill is a "cheater fill" and cheats us into feeling restriction for a short while, then we're back to feeling hungry again. Yes, that's me!

I don't mourn my diet coke like I thought I would, but found something in a bottle that's heavenly. Has anyone tried Lipton's Diet Raspberry White Tea? I really like it! It's not cheap, but something else other than bottled Water with Crystal Light to go's to shake-it-up a bit.

I love all this talk about Chinese food! I tried to eat pizza the other day.....NO GO! Looks like I'm destined to eating toppings-only for certain kinds/crusts. Uggggggh. :phanvan

Hope your Friday the 13th is going GREAT!

---Toni

Okay I have real restriction today after that crazy fill. I just took two tbsps of cottage cheese and it got stuck! AND I'm FULL! OMG!

Okay I have real restriction today after that crazy fill. I just took two tbsps of cottage cheese and it got stuck! AND I'm FULL! OMG!

Isn't restrictioin the best! The better part is when you aren't hungry all day long either.

ja9va: Way to go! Another pound is great!!!

Suzzzie: Have you tried Skim Milk when you're thirsty like that? I've found that if I've had all or near all my required Water for the day, that milk sometimes hits the spot when I'm still thirsty.

I, too, had had a slight weight gain back...like 4 pounds...but I've now lost it plus another pound. NSV ahead: I even turned down Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake that a coworker brought in yesterday. Didn't even want it...and I LOVE Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake.

Still battling the infection...it was almost gone and I think it's coming back. I've called the doc to see what they want me to do. UGGGH. And my first fill is a week from today. vbmenu_register("postmenu_515003", true);

Hey Beckie! Good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you last night. Still fighting that infection, huh> Icky!

I know my port site is still swollen and hard, and bruised. It is (slowly) getting better, so I hope it doesn't interfere with my fill next Friday!

And boy, did I get in troooooouble.....:flame:

.....no, not for not losing enough weight, but for not exercising consistenly or enough! I guess I'm (we're?) supposed to exercise at least every 24 to 48 hours. Yikes! Which means if there's an August exercise challenge, I'll be joining. I just cannot get motivated to do it/don't like it/don't enjoy it while I'm doing it. And I have a really nice, new treadmill, because walking is my exercise of choice IF I'm made to choose and a gym membership!

Other than that, I'm getting my 2nd Fill this Monday. ;-) Probably just a baby one, but glad to be getting some more restriction nonetheless. He said the first fill is a "cheater fill" and cheats us into feeling restriction for a short while, then we're back to feeling hungry again. Yes, that's me!

I don't mourn my diet coke like I thought I would, but found something in a bottle that's heavenly. Has anyone tried Lipton's Diet Raspberry White Tea? I really like it! It's not cheap, but something else other than bottled Water with Crystal Light to go's to shake-it-up a bit.

I love all this talk about Chinese food! I tried to eat pizza the other day.....NO GO! Looks like I'm destined to eating toppings-only for certain kinds/crusts. Uggggggh. :phanvan

Hope your Friday the 13th is going GREAT!

---Toni

TONI!! Why wait until AUGUST to start exercising! Go today! Start today! There is still 18 days left in July!!!! Come on, you know you want to!:eyebrows:

I'm getting my first fill next Wednesday and boy do I need it. I'm like so many of you...I can eat anything. I'm trying to be good, but I keep losing the battle. I know I'm not bingeing like I was before my band, but I sure could. I'm fighting myself every single time I walk towards the kitchen. Ugh.

Hi all,

Captain Danbo - Did I see JERK SAUCE. I can jerk ina ting ya no! Have you ever tried jerking your fish as well? That's good stuff! Jerk chicken, jerk pork, jus jerk! Which sauce do you use? I use Grace Jerk sauce.

Nina

What the heck is jerk sauce? LOL

TONI!! Why wait until AUGUST to start exercising! Go today! Start today! There is still 18 days left in July!!!! Come on, you know you want to!:eyebrows:

Suzzzie! You cutie! I am going to walk today :oYou and Nina, and BB inspire me! I guess I have to walk at least 9 more times in July, but I was thinking it was too late to join the July challenge, so I'll def. join the August one!

What the heck is jerk sauce? LOL

Hi Stef!

It's a carribean/Jamaican spice that's in every grocery store if you look for it.....made from mostly allspice and peppers plus other ingredients, it's a little sweet with a good kick! I've only used it as a rub for meat....anxious to try it as a sauce!

I am so glad to come home tonight and read this after being at a friends for dinner and having to FORCE myself to stop eating feeling NO restriction and getting super depressed. I hope I feel something after my first fill, I want to feel this magical restriction thing where I actually will not be able to eat a bucket of food in one sitting. I am mostly hanging in there not binging but I can here it knocking a the door:eek: Good luck hungry Junies, I'm feelin it with you!!!!:hungry:

I am so glad to come home tonight and read this after being at a friends for dinner and having to FORCE myself to stop eating feeling NO restriction and getting super depressed. I hope I feel something after my first fill, I want to feel this magical restriction thing where I actually will not be able to eat a bucket of food in one sitting. I am mostly hanging in there not binging but I can here it knocking a the door:eek: Good luck hungry Junies, I'm feelin it with you!!!!:hungry:

Marga,

Did you hijack my laptop and start writing my posts? I can't WAIT for Monday to get my 2nd fill.....don't get me wrong, the first one was GREAT for the first few days, now I am back to what you are describing. Having to practice self-control at every meal! Uggggggggh! We'll get through this part of our journey together. My doctor called this "a tough time".

Hugs,

Toni