Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Dang!!!! I just cheated!!! I had a whole ice cream sandwich, a big one!!!! What the heck is wrong with me, I know better? Geeez...

How do you know if you have restriction? I was banded on the 20th, I haven't been to terribly hungry, I've yet to PB, but I have terrible cravings especially in the evenings. How have you guys been fighting the temptation? I feel great and I guess that makes me want to eat. Maybe I just like having surgery???? Please don't forget to answer the how do you know if you have restriction part.

What would I do without you all??? Thanks, Paula

That is the *first* thing I cheated with too!!

Thanks Toni & Huntersmom!

Suzzzie was an ice cream sandwich really your first cheat too? How funny is that?

Sooo, I guess I won't know if I have restriction until I PB, is that what you're saying toni? I haven't thrown up for at least 20 years, and just the thought of it gives me the heebee geebees :)

WELCOME carebear and itsjustme!

itsjustme the restriction you feel early after surgery is the swelling from the surgery not the band. I don't really feel restriction, at times I feel I can eat anything, however then I have problems with grilled chicken, fish and tuna. I really need to slow down and chew!

Lucy, I reallyhope that I don't have problems with the soy slowing down my thyroid. I do take thyroid medication now, and that is one thing I don't want to slow down!!

Ladyhr, great about the popcorn! that is a big weakness of mine at the movies. How was the movie??? I really wanted to go and see it, I love die hard movies, and Bruce Willis.

Holly, Toni, Suzzzie, how are you all doing this weekend?

Rhonda the cravings and food is difficult for sure. I am jealous your fill is around the corner!! I should have mine a couple weeks later.

This weekend was hard for me, I really need to stay focused. I had shakes and one meal today. I will try the scale tomorrow.

If it makes any of you cheaters feel any better......I cheated on cheese nachos at my son's baseball game! Talk about chewing slow and savoring the flavor.....bwaaaaaaahahahaha!!!

I'm doing good. I totally skippe the mech soft foods phase and went into regular foods. Shouldn't have... Cause now I know I can eat anything. Grr. Last night went out with friends and had tortilla chips with spinach/artichoke dip. Then I had a ceasar salad. Then I had a buffalo chicken wrap. Uhh, I was stuffed, as in Thanksgiving day stuffed. I didn't eat it all though. I couldn't. And everyone else was eating dessert and some were wondering why I didn't want any - (only one of them knows I have the band).

So today I had pot roast with potatoes and carrots. A bite of the potatoes kinda got stuck, I had to take a sip (and I mean SIP) of Water to help it down, but otherwise I was fine.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I HAVE RESTRICTION!!

Update on my weird left side pain - I was just begining to think that maybe they cracked a rib during surgery, and then today the pain seems to have moved just a fraction. So now I'm thinking maybe I still have some trapped gas in my abdominal cavity? Is it possible? I've been banded for just over 2 weeks now.

I've been lounging in bed in the evenings before I retire to my recliner... I think tonight is the night I will attempt a whole night in the bed. We'll see!

Ya'll seem to be doing mostly good... I see several of us are entering Bandster Hell. But we're getting close to fills now - I think it's Toni that already had her first fill... Its so very exciting!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Well, I go in tomorrow for the big First Fill. I am really excite, and a little nervous too. I will let you all know how it went. Plus, I meet with the dietician for an hour after the fill. I have lots of questions to ask her.

I just realized on Friday that I can eat most anything, unfortunately. I was being so cautious up until then. Couldn't take it anymore, so had a brat on a bun, and it went down fine, and was wonderful. Just had to chew good. I haven't tried any tougher meat, steak, chops, etc.

I was hoping it wouldn't go down so easy.

Haven't been losing much weight. I was eating probably less than 600 calories a day. Heard from someone at weight watchers that if you are

eating less than 1000 calories a day it is really hard to loose weight. Your body goes into a starvation mode, and saves all the calories it can.

So, I have been eating more regular the last 2 days, and it does feel good not to be hungry.

I wonder how much weight they expect you to lose between the surgery and first fill. I am not going to hit 10, unless something wonderful happens during the night.

I have no pain at all anymore, but can feel some pulling when I bend over. I have been trying to work a lot in the garden and yard lately, so I am doing a lot of bending.

Anyway, good luck to all of you. Nice to keep reading about what everyone is going through. I will let you know how thing went after I get home tomorrow.

Wish me luck.:omg:

If it makes any of you cheaters feel any better......I cheated on cheese nachos at my son's baseball game! Talk about chewing slow and savoring the flavor.....bwaaaaaaahahahaha!!!

You are so funny, but we all do that savoring thing. :)

hi all

I have only been banded for three days and I am finding the band feels very odd? burping is hard to do to. I hope all is ok, Dont need and pain meds any more as i could not stand the taste of then.

sounds like you all are doing great keep up the good work

So today I had pot roast with potatoes and carrots. A bite of the potatoes kinda got stuck, I had to take a sip (and I mean SIP) of Water to help it down, but otherwise I was fine.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I HAVE RESTRICTION!!

I know how you feel...I 'm not skipping stages.I will begin the mushies tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET UP AND HAVE GRITS FOR Breakfast, CREAMY Soup FOR lunch AND MASHED POTATOES FOR DINNER.... I'll probably dream about it tonight.:hungry:

So now I'm thinking maybe I still have some trapped gas in my abdominal cavity? Is it possible? I've been banded for just over 2 weeks now.

Are you trying to walk everyday? Try walking to the end of the block and take gas-x strips...hope it goes away soon.

I've been lounging in bed in the evenings before I retire to my recliner... I think tonight is the night I will attempt a whole night in the bed. We'll see!

I wish you well in sleeping in the bed!!! If you read this before going to bed, place a small pillow near you side to buffer the mattress.:notagree Sweet dreams....

Hi There! I got banded on Friday too! Haven't taken any meds since the hospital. Don't really feel like eating but feel like I am getting hunger pains or gas pains. I really hope this works for me.

Stella

Banded 29 June by Dr. Krahn, California

hi all

I have only been banded for three days and I am finding the band feels very odd? burping is hard to do to. I hope all is ok, Dont need and pain meds any more as i could not stand the taste of then.

sounds like you all are doing great keep up the good work

Angie, I had the pain with burping also...or if I felt like I wanted to burp, there was a small hurting in my chest. But for me, it has gone away. I've been banded for 2 weeks.

insub, it's possible that we were on the same thread, but you aren't the one who gave me a hard time

No, I wouldn't do that! I wasn't the one who said soy causes boys to be girls. Twas funny.

Thanks BIG BABY.

I DID sleep in bed last night! I am normally a left side sleeper, but can't lay on that side very long due to pain. Slept on the right side just fine though. My Port site seems a bit more tender and swollen this morning. My back is a bit stiff from not being able to toss and turn, but overall it felt great to be in BED!

Suzzie,itsjustme,kland,joeygirl.... and all those ready for the big FILL!! joey let us know how it went today. I still have three more weeks until I will get one. We are all dealing with the "what we can eat/or should I say shouldn't eat!" One thing I remember my nurse saying,I wish she never told me, is that junk food goes right down! It has no substance and crumbles and desolves. That is why those tortilla chips go down so easy! I did well yesterday, back on schedule...but I am not having much restriction, it has to be in our minds.

joegirl Yes, less than 1000 is not good for weight loss. My nurse told me to reach for the 1000 mark. it is hard though when you are drinking more meals than eating.

Angel/Stella welcome to bandland,, sounds like you are doing great. everyday you will feel better!

I was up early today to walk the dogs with my dh, and I am on leave for a week,( my son's big wedding day is Saturday). So I feel good about that. I jumped on the scale after a week, with all the dumb stuff I ate, I did not lose or gain,so I will now get my self in gear.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I can't believe its July already!

I cleaned up my belly, thanks for the baby oil tip Faithmd, that really did the trick and didn't take much to get it off. I also trimmed the excess glue around one incision. I think my incsicions are doing well. They are tender to the touch, but no reddness or puffiness.

I read some of ya'll talking about skipping food stages, etc. I totally went a lot faster then I thought I would. I think it is crazy how doctors give such various directions. But, I think its all individual, follow your doctors rules, but listen to your body as well. I have had NO trouble moving from 1 week of liquids to 1 week of mushies and slowly moving to more solid meats. I was so excited to actually make and eat the same dinner as my husband. We had veal and spegetti, I know its not that healthy of a meal, but I was dying for it. I really chewed the speg. and didn't have any problems, but I ate like a 1/4 of what I would usually eat!

I too have those night time hunger cravings! Those skinny cow sandwiches are really good, and I also eat no-sugar added chocolate pudding pops that are really good.

Dana, you mentioned something about shopping at "regular" stores! I feel the same way! I love Lane Bryant and am very glad they offer plus sized women more stylish clothes. But, I can't wait until I can walk into like the GAP or something and find a size! Oh the simple joys in life!

I think I do need a fill though, scheduled for July 18th, cause I think I can eat more than I should be. Today I am going to get back on track, 3 small meals a day, smaller bites, slower eating, drink more Water and make sure I get more Protein. I am having trouble doing that.

I have a question about Vitamins. I am embarrased to admit this, but I haven't been taking mine or my calcium... I know how important they are, but the chewable ones I ordered are so gross. I can't stomach them at all! Is anyone taking liquid vitamins. I have tried that in the past and its so much easier to "shoot" the liquid than chew that chalky nastiness!

Thanks again for everyones advice and I am so glad we are all doing so good! :clap2: