Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Toni How many calories are you getting in a day since your fill?

Suzzie I am sorry you are still having pain and having to sleep in the recliner still. What does your doctor say about that? I really hope you feel better soon!!!

Since yesterday I have been having a little pain at my port site seems to be a consatant dull pain. If I bend over I can feel the port and a twinge of something. It's weird and kind of hard to explain. If I push on my stomach I can feel the port.Anyone else experiencing this?

Toni, I want all the gory details too. I am being filled on July 9th and I am afraid of what is to come. I do not want to PB at all if possible.

COngrats on all the new bandsters!

Here's something to all you High BP meds takers: I've been out of surgery 3 weeks and my doc took me off all BP medicine today! Keep at it and if you feel dizzy at all get it checked out!

I need a vocabulary lesson! What is "PB" and "Slime"? I've heard it forever, and even asked once long ago, but I forgot. (My sis had GBP in 2005) I'm sure they are things I would want to avoid with my fill coming up.

Hi Junies, just got home from 2 days in hospital after banding Wednesday. Well, it has been pretty painful after,both port and gas pain so I hope tomorrow will be better. Unfortunately I am not one of those lucky souls who don't feel hungry (I'm starving) but small amounts are going down well. I can eat yogurt and Soup and custard etc for the next 2 weeks, weird how the pre and post op diets vary so much. At least I didnt die ( I had myself convinced I would!!!!!)

I haven't posted in a while. My Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and she is undergoing chemo and radiation so things have been crazy. She is doing great. I wasn't going to have the surgery but Mom and Dad and hubby encouraged me to have the surgery.

I had the surgery the 27th. I was the first case. They sent me home around 1 pm. The pain isn't too bad. Just when I go from a sitting to standing position. I have been blessed to be able to sleep in my bed and actually on my side. I get to start on creamy Soups today, ice cream, pudding. I am so excited! I actually lost 15 pounds on the pre op diet. I was only it 9 days.

Well gotta go. I am driving my Mom to her radiation appt this morning. Please keep her in your prayers.

Snoopy

WOW, Tomorrow is June 30!! The last Band days for June. I did not look at the calendar to see if anyone is being banded on Saturday?

Laura, Marga, Danbo and Snoopy...your journey has begun You are all doing great. One day at a time!

Snoopy Your Mom is in my prayers.. I wish her strength in her recovery.

quadmom It is gas in your shoulder, it will go away. What kind of scale did you buy? I am thinking of updating mine!

Toni How are you doing since your fill? Would you remind us of your shake recipe! I bought the EAS at Walmart and I did not like it, chalky. I am glad I only bought a 4 pack.

Suzzzzzie I agree with the advice above, you should call your doctor and make an appointment. It really does not sound right. I don't want to scare you either. (I am not a doc)You should be able to sleep in your bed after a few days and roll over without a problem after a week or so. Please call!

Telling family I told my sister on the phone last week for she is coming next weekend for my son's wedding ( she lives in PA). she gave me an earful, all the reason I did not tell her. I am closest to her compared to my other 3 siblings, but she is also the skinny one, and does not get the weight issues. I will have to block her out when she gets here!

FILLS there is a fill thread under June bandsters support groups.. did you all know we had those other subthreads? It is good and bad. good for topic area breakdown, bad for seperating the TEAM! Maybe when we get filled we can begin to post there too, just a thought?

Have a good TGIF!!

FARMERE Do you live in Virginia? I live in Stafford, VA. I read on your post about the Jimmy Buffet concert and I know he was at Nissan, Manassas, VA, last night. I wonder if any storms hit Mansassas during the concert.

Have a great day!

:DStef....just wanted to start our morning off with some lovely regurg info for you! :) PB is productive burp, and happens when you vomit the food that's in the stoma, but not yet gone to your big stomach. Sliming is when you bring up food in your esophogus/stoma with execessive mucus.

I've had some sliming episodes with chicken and bread and even when I took my girls to McDonalds to play and ate only 2 french fries!!!! <picture me running to the bathroom---not pretty!>:o I don't know if it's from eating too fast/too big of bites/wrong foods or a combo of it all.:eek: I found chicken goes down and stays down if it's reeeeeeeally moist/chewed well. I read, read, read on Obesity Help and know to avoid other foods like BREAD <duh Toni> and Broccoli. Just last night I tried to eat a "Lean Pocket" and the breading all over it was an invitation for disaster. It's painful when it's "stuck" and then the "sliming" was NOT fun, so I just gave up and had a bowl of Cereal. :tired So learn from me, Junies, and you'll not have one PB or Slime incident! ;)

Laura, I'm not counting calories :) because I'm in the mindset that I'm not on a diet, but a lifestyle. I was told that I can expect to lose a pound or two a week and I'm very fine with that. Slow and steady.....BUT I really think it's neat for all of you who track how much/how many calories you eat every day. That takes discipline and effort!!!! :clap2::):clap2:

Enough of me! Suzzzie...I hope that you're feeling well enough to sleep in your bed, soon!!! I'm with Java...call your Dr. and speak with a nurse about it!

BB...get that Avatar picture UP! We want to see you! :D

Hugs to all!

Toni

I need a vocabulary lesson! What is "PB" and "Slime"? I've heard it forever, and even asked once long ago, but I forgot. (My sis had GBP in 2005) I'm sure they are things I would want to avoid with my fill coming up.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/abbreviations-what-they-mean-7959/

Here's the thread that explains everything you might ever want to know. :eek:

Hi Junies, just got home from 2 days in hospital after banding Wednesday. Well, it has been pretty painful after,both port and gas pain so I hope tomorrow will be better. Unfortunately I am not one of those lucky souls who don't feel hungry (I'm starving) but small amounts are going down well. I can eat yogurt and Soup and custard etc for the next 2 weeks, weird how the pre and post op diets vary so much. At least I didnt die ( I had myself convinced I would!!!!!)

I'm sorry you are hurting so much still (I know I was pretty uncomfy, but was fortunate enough to skip the gas pain so far).

Thank goodness you didn't die! (Isn't it amazing what we convince ourselves of?)

You can eat yogurt and custard and soup out of the gate? Awesome! It really does boggle the mind the vast differences in diets and requirements for fills, etc.

Pssst, Marga: your sig stretches the page way out, can you perhaps put one of the tickers on the next line down? Or perhaps you are going to delete your days since surgery ticker?

Ja9va - I'm in Ashburn. I think that's about an hour from Stafford. Yeah, it was the concert at Nissan last night. I sort of felt better thinking they were getting rained on. I know, I'm evil. :eek: I haven't seen pictures or heard back from the group yet but I know they had a good time regardless of it raining.

Where'd you have your surgery done?

Thanks Toni for the info. Please let us know what else gets stuck. I want to try to stay away from those things.

Snoopy I am glad you decided to get banded. I have been thinking of you and your mom.

Well, its almost been 2 weeks for me since the surgery! I haven't weighed in awhile, but earlier this week I was down 8lbs since the surgery!

SUZZIE- I think I saw you mention a left side abdominal pain/ache? I have the same problem. It feels like a muscle ache, like when you do too many situps! But, I asked a nurse at my doc's office and she said that is where they insert the scope and they have to go under your rib cage and it takes awhile for that to heal up. So, I think that might be what you were mentioning, hope that helps, but maybe still check with your doctor.

I have a question about the port area... I can't feel anything down there! I am still pretty bruised up around that incision, but when I lightly push around below or around it I don't feel anything! I can also sleep on that side with no troubles, like nothing's there! Did they forget to put it in! ha ha ha! Is this "normal?" I just wondered!

Also, does anyone else have the glued together incisions? I guess I have some stitches (can't see them) and then glue "gooped" onto it to hold them together. I wondered if anyone else had this and how that was going for them? The glue is pealing up around the edges, but I am just leaving it and letting nature take its course. Also, does anyone else have sticky stuff on their bellies? I had the hardest time getting the iodine off, but now it seems like I have a lot of sticky goo left around my belly, even where there are not incisions. I was also curious as to how everyone is keeping there bellies cleaned? I am afraid to use any soap or anything.

I am still having those hiccup things that kinda hurt. I have them all during the day, can't really find the reason why. Its like one big hiccup, hard to explain. I think someone else said they had something simmillar.

Can't believe the time has passed so quickly! Glad to hear how everyone is doing. Won't have a fill until July 18th, but I am okay with that. I am loosing right now and using this time to learn new habits!