Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Becky,

Thanks for your support. I am not afraid of the test itself, just the results. as long as it does not require a needle, I am fine! Now my MD and my surgeon have different opinions of my thyroid dosage? Not sure what that is about, I will be on the phone again today to figure that one out. I thought this was going to be an easy fix.

I am on the preopt, and cheated with some popcorn. My son made homemade from scratch popcorn for a movie, then did not eat it and it was sittting there staring at me! I had a little bit, prior to the pre opt I would have finished it! I have been doing 100% but like everyone is saying they are all different. I can have vegies and 4 oz of Protein, and a yogurt/cottage cheese. If it was all liquid like some of you, I think I would go nuts.

Wow the taste and swallow feedback, it all makes sense! Sorry for those of you trying it, it did not appeal to me.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. I am jealous for you June 1 Banders. I can't wait to cheer you on.

My surgery is scheduled and I am excited but also nervous. I have been reading the forum for hours and it has been very helpful to see all the support that everyone gets. My surgery is in Louisville, Ky with Dr. Olsofka. I have my pre op testing June 15th. Not sure if I am suppose to be on liquid diet prior to surgery. I guess I will find out all the info on the 15th. Thanks for reading!;)

Hotty - Am I wrong but isnt the Inamed Band the only one approved for use as of now in the USA? So aren't we all getting it? I want a booklet!!!!!!!! I think the standards on the lapband are awful and someone needs to make the uniform. We should all be on 2 weeks of liquids pre op and post op or we shouldnt!!!!!!!!! :confused: just had to vent :) Keep hanging in there 2 more days for you and you start your new life!

Becky

I have no idea! I guess I see so many posts on here talking about what kind of band everyone is getting, and sometimes it doesn't say what country the poster is from.. But that makes sense..

The Inamed booklet had a sheet in the front that my doc tore out and had me sign. He said Inamed requires that all pts get the book and sign the form stating they did so. Just another example of how there's very little consistancy with all this stuff!!!

EVERYONE: I'LL UPDATE THE CALENDER TONIGHT!! LOOK AT ALL THE NEW NAMES!! WELCOME!!! :biggrin1:

Did anybody else's doc give you the patient information book from Inamed? If so, you had to sign a sheet saying you received it.. Anyway, it says thin liquids for the first week as well!!! Anybody else getting the Inamed band?

I guess I just don't understand why some of us drink shakes for weeks before surgery... some do clears for a week... some eat creamy Soup at the hospital... some stay on clears!! I know I'm to do what MY surgeon says... but this is so confusing!

Yep, I got the book. I looked through it while waiting for the doc to come in. I saw the signature page, but was never asked to sign it and give it to them. Weird!

Yeah, I don't understand the whole differences in diets either, but like you said, gotta do what MY surgeon tells me.

Well...today is my last day of protien shakes...it's Clear Liquids tomorrow...then surgery on Friday! I'm kinda looking forward to not feeling hungry for a few days. I've had a tubal ligation and the gas they pumped me with WIPED my appetite for several days! Hope that happens again! :confused:

I have no idea! I guess I see so many posts on here talking about what kind of band everyone is getting, and sometimes it doesn't say what country the poster is from.. But that makes sense..

The Inamed booklet had a sheet in the front that my doc tore out and had me sign. He said Inamed requires that all pts get the book and sign the form stating they did so. Just another example of how there's very little consistancy with all this stuff!!!

EVERYONE: I'LL UPDATE THE CALENDER TONIGHT!! LOOK AT ALL THE NEW NAMES!! WELCOME!!! :biggrin1:

I know its so confusing theres the 4cc band and the VG and who knows what else but if my memory serves me correctly I think they are all made by Inamed they are just different models/sizes so to speak? Now that you mention this book your getting me worried! I want my Inamed owners/instruction manual lol :confused: I am going to ask my dr! I am sure he will be impressed! Just wait by the end of this month we will all be talking about how big our band is and how much it can hold and how much we have lost so far!!!! I cant wait. I am off to bed I worked way too hard last night.

I just need a place to vent a little and thought some of you would understand where I'm coming from...

I feel SO alone! It's like I have the plague ever since I started the pre-op diet! No one calls me...friends are breaking appointments with me and making up lame excuses why they're 'not coming'. I know it's all because I can't eat with them. What I don't get it...this is a VERY vulnerable time of my life. I am two days away from surgery and NO ONE seems to care! Just because I can't pig out, I get ditched! Now I know what the next six weeks will be like as well! I guess I can count on recouperating alone too! I am so sad and this should be a happy time! I consider myself a good friend. I am there for you through thick and thin. I don't bail when you're at a low point. I encourage you and life you up when you're down. Is it too much to ask a little of that in return?? The most recent LAME excuse for not hanging out with me was verbatim "I have to get some sturdy underware tonight"! Can you belive that crap???? It hurts to much. I don't do that to people. I care about people's feelings. This sux!!!!! :think

Hi everybody, another June bandster here. I'm getting banded on June 19th in Monterrey with Dr. Rumbaut. I was scheduled for January 07 but i got gastritis 2 weeks before surgery so i had to postpone. I had no idea there was a june thread already! I'm glad i found you guys. :biggrin1:

Sorry everyone is bailing on you. The fact is I bet they are jealous that you woon will not be a slave to food. I'm sure if they have weight problems also they wish they were in your shoes. Just think of it as your vacation from worrying about other people for a while. I know it hurts to be isolated but it's their loss. :confused::roll:

I just need a place to vent a little and thought some of you would understand where I'm coming from...

I feel SO alone! It's like I have the plague ever since I started the pre-op diet! No one calls me...friends are breaking appointments with me and making up lame excuses why they're 'not coming'. I know it's all because I can't eat with them. What I don't get it...this is a VERY vulnerable time of my life. I am two days away from surgery and NO ONE seems to care! Just because I can't pig out, I get ditched! Now I know what the next six weeks will be like as well! I guess I can count on recouperating alone too! I am so sad and this should be a happy time! I consider myself a good friend. I am there for you through thick and thin. I don't bail when you're at a low point. I encourage you and life you up when you're down. Is it too much to ask a little of that in return?? The most recent LAME excuse for not hanging out with me was verbatim "I have to get some sturdy underware tonight"! Can you belive that crap???? It hurts to much. I don't do that to people. I care about people's feelings. This sux!!!!! :think

((((MusicalMomma))))

I am so with you! I had to deal with the same thing this past weekend - it hurts worse when it someone that you thought loved you. Am I good for something more than "eating with"? I can still enjoy other things/activities!! I was in tears on Monday & you know I just decided last night that I would turn that into power. I have always been the kind of person that really didn't communicate how I felt to keep peace but this diet has made me realize that I have to stop sweeping my feelings under the rug. Sista, when the thick or the thin comes, that is when you see a person's true character - who they really are.

Momma, grab your pen & pad and we can compare some these @#$*ed excuses. Excuse me, I am working on my French :confused:

Hang in there girl, we'll come through this with new understanding.

Nina

Thanks Nina & 2behealthyagain...I knew I'd find folks who'd understand here...I don't feel so alone when I have support of good people like you. Thank you.

I knew that was going to happen to me, too, so I started filtering out people that aren't good for me weeks ago. It's been sort of freeing, actually. I know they'll come running back when I'm thin and aren't an embarrassment at the beach anymore, and I like knowing that when they do I'll turn them down because I'll be hanging out with the people that have always been good to me. That number may be small, but it's worth so much more to me!

Hang in there. I feel your pain but you're strong and you'll get much further in life than them!

12 days - OMG. I don't know how I'm going to get through this time!

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by musicalmomma viewpost.gif

I feel SO alone! It's like I have the plague ever since I started the pre-op diet! No one calls me...friends are breaking appointments with me and making up lame excuses why they're 'not coming'. I know it's all because I can't eat with them. What I don't get it...this is a VERY vulnerable time of my life. I am two days away from surgery and NO ONE seems to care! Just because I can't pig out, I get ditched! Now I know what the next six weeks will be like as well! I guess I can count on recouperating alone too! I am so sad and this should be a happy time! I consider myself a good friend. I am there for you through thick and thin. I don't bail when you're at a low point. I encourage you and life you up when you're down. Is it too much to ask a little of that in return?? The most recent LAME excuse for not hanging out with me was verbatim "I have to get some sturdy underware tonight"! Can you belive that crap???? It hurts to much. I don't do that to people. I care about people's feelings. This sux!!!!! cry.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That blows! I had never thought about this aspect of it. You're right, I guess if I got out with a friend (and I only have a couple) it is to eat.

This is going to sound sad and bad, but I don't know if I'm glad that I don't have to go through what you are at such a vulnerable point in our lives 1) because I haven't told anyone, or 2) because I don't have close friends.

I concur with what someone else said that perhaps there is a touch of jealousy on some of their parts. Either because you are making such an amazing change in your life, or because they wat to be free from the shackles that food has on us.

I think this stinks! MM, I know that you are the type of woman who is wonderful and who later on down the line when they need support, will be right there for them. Me? I'd be there for them, but I'd make sure to subtly point out that *I* was there for them, even though *they* left me hanging when I needed them the most.

I know virtual friends aren't quite the same, but we can all try to help one another through this.

Congrats on only two more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Pippz, Musicalmomma and 2behealthyagain - I too have been going through these same things and its great we can come here for support. A guy I am friends with/have seen in the past asked me out on a date but when he found out I could not eat or drink he goes, "Oh well then, we can wait till you can." I was so upset. I told him I will never be able to eat or drink like i used to before and I havent heard from him for days. Also I thought I had a great guy best friend who was going to support me through this whole process like going to meetings with me and dr's appointments but he also bailed. The only ones that have stuck with me are my family because my brother knows how it feels since he just got his lapband in May. I have huge concerns that you married ladies dont need to worry about :confused: but finding that right guy after i lose weight is gonna be 10000x harder because everytime I am gonna wonder, would he have looked at me when I was bigger? I can totally see this is going to be very hard but if I could withstand years of fat comments and rejection I think I might just pull through but definately with lots of love and support! I have journaled about this and I could go on but ill tell you guys it really helps because i know there will be a day when i look back and say look at where I have come from! :) We will get through this guys!!

Becky