Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Longest "stall" so far.

Mini vent:

Stupid stalls! I've lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks. Yeah, the scale's moving, but I've been used to a consistent 3 lbs a week. Like clockwork. I know this is normal. I know it's my body's natural adjustment to rapid loss. I know the scale isn't the only measure of success. In fact, I know I'm continuing to get smaller despite the scale. My personal trainer did my latest measurements, and in 2 and half weeks, I'd lost 3.25" from my hips, 2" from my waist, 3.25" from my thighs, and even 1.5" from my calves. No change to my upper arms though.

I know these things, but I still can't help but get frustrated. I'm not beating myself up per se. In fact, I'm still feeling pretty dang good about myself. I bought my very first bikini the other day to Celebrate hitting a BMI of 29.

I just really really want to reach my goal, and this "honeymoon period" and "window of opportunity" stuff makes me nervous. I feel like I'm in a race against the clock to reach my goal in the first 8-ish months. Which means I have 3 more months to lose 48 lbs. To do that, I need to average 4 lb loss a week. So yeah, stalls are frustrating.

Here are the numbers:

Height: 5'6.5"

Highest weight: 289

Starting weight (9/13): 268

Day of surgery (12/10/13): 254

Current weight: 188

Goal weight: 140

I go to the gym 4 times a week and work with a personal trainer once a week. I get between 400-600 cals a day. I get between 50-65 grams of Protein a day. 70+ oz of Fluid a day.

Fellow Dec. sleevers, how long have your stalls been? Have you been able to kick out of them?

I'll work on my patience.. <_<

Edited by Ava324

I was sleeved on Dec 11, 2013... I am currently in a stall, I am trying to be "calm" about it...BUT it does get on my nerves... I am not able to work out due to a DVT in my left leg; hopefully I will be released soon to do that and will start seeing the weight loss again…

I am 41 years old… I am 5'6.5"... starting weight 253 - current weight is 181 – Down 72lbs - my goal is 150 (really would love 140) last week my scale said I gained 6 lbs... (This would be my phantom period since I had a hysterectomy in 2012) as of today I am back to 181... But I don’t count that gain or loss as I have this every month at the same time...

I need to get better about tracking my cal count, Protein & water… I am really awful about it… I was good there for a while back in Feb & March when I started to eat reg foods… but then ended up in the hospital mid/late march with the blood clot & haven’t gotten back to tracking everything… part of it is that I eat pretty much the same stuff and amounts… I know I need to increase my Water I am prob not drinking nearly enough, and this would be why I am feeling hungry more often…

I am trying to stay positive and know that these stalls happen – however if by Saturday I haven’t lost any weight then I am going to try to “shake” things up a bit… start doing just Protein Shakes for a few days, then soft Protein (fish/seafood/egg whites) for a few days…. and see if that helps… idk, someone gave me that tip and it worked for them…

its nice to know that we are pretty much at the same height/weight/surgery time... I am 3 weeks in my stall... :wacko:

Congrats on having lost 72lbs! That's awesome. :) It is real nice to find someone who had it nearly at the same time, same height, and same goal. 150 is actually my long term goal. I'm pear shaped, and I think I'll like being 150 more than 140. I want to get down to 140 though, and learn to maintain there. I've never tried to maintain a weight in my life. Once I have a grasp on maintenance, then I may let it creep back up to 150. My doc expects a 10% eventual regain, so I'd rather add on top of 140 than 150.

I'm sorry to hear that you've have these medical problems. Do you think they're surgery related, or do you think they'd be even worse if you hadn't had surgery? I hope they can clear you soon for exercise! And definitely try to keep track of fluids. I was pretty bad at it before, but then I got a 20oz glass reusable bottle (found it at Whole Foods). I'll have three bottles full of flavored water, a Protein Shake, and a cup of green tea every day. That way I know for sure I'm getting 70+. I'm in a weekly support group that my clinic hosts, and I've heard some pretty bad dehydration stories.

I definitely want to hear if shaking it up works and what you try. Switching to Meal Replacements for a few days shouldn't be too hard. I weigh every morning, and sure enough it's exactly the same to the tenth of a pound. ><

Hey @Ava324 - thats a really good plan... i think i would be ok with 150 over all... but i am shooting for 140. (esp if there is some weight gain later down the road)

The doc had said he thought that surgery was a factor for the DVT, but i went on a business trip about 6 weeks out & he and another doc said "oh it was due to air plane ride"... well 5 weeks later the blood work came back & I tested positive for some clotting gene, i will see a blood dr in a week or so... i am not worried or upset about it... it is what it is. I cant change it nor could i have prevented it... honestly, had i not had the surgery, i might have not found out that i had the blood clot untill it was too late.... i would have continued to think i over extened my knee... so i look at it the Sleeved saved my life - more then just dropping the weight...

I am gonna have to find something that works for me as far as fluids go... i know what i am currently doing is not enough - i drink for sure TWO 16.9 oz of Water a day... then about 4 oz of Protein shake - that is the bare bones... some days i might drink another 16.9 of Water with another 4 oz of Protein Shake, but that is not my average... (not lately anyway) Well its MAY 2 - and i am going to get this train back on track!

Keep in touch!!! would to hear about your progress & any tips you might have!

Whoa, scary that you have that clotting gene and are at constant risk. It's definitely fortunate that the surgery saved you from even worse health complications. It sounds like you've taken it all in stride! Keep up the positive outlook. :)

Have you switched things up? I think my stall if finally breaking. I've lost 2 lbs in the last few days. I had family staying with me Thursday through Sunday for a big wedding. I was the matron of honor, and things were hectic. So it figures that the few days I don't journal everything I eat, didn't calorie count, allowed for a little cheating (eggs benedict over a crabcake. YUM!!), I'm able to get out the stall. Haha. Maybe I inadvertently did the 5:2 Plan, and it worked.

I'm looking into the 5 Day Pouch Test. I wouldn't say I need it, but it could be a good refresher. A nice little reset.

My stats are dang close to yours as well...

5'6.5"

SW/Surgery Weight: 271 (no pre op diet)

Surgery Date 12/2

Current weight: 188

Goal: 150ish

I run three days a week and do power yoga or pilates 2/3 days. Have even thinking of adding a personal trainer as well.

I typically get 540-700 cals a day usually, 60-75g Protein and 64oz+ of Water.

I have had three stalls so far...the three week stall, one about a month ago and one now.

I totally hear you!!!! To get out of my last stall I tried upping my calories which many advised and nada. I went back to Protein Shakes only for two days and bang! Out of the stall. Tried that this time and no such luck. Thinking about trying to up them for a few days and trying to get 800-1000.

Would love to hear what worked for others too!