Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go for my post op visit on Friday, I am wondering if I will get a fill, my stomach is bulging in spot where my largest incision is and my incision is red around it, also I am the only one who does not feel my port? Is this normal ?

ddsweighin228, your incisions are normal, mine were really swollen and red for awhile...but was told that is normal. as for your port mine is in my left chest area and sometimes I can feel other times no...it was very sore for sometime though. I was told that its the same in the stomach area. my doctor told me he had actually sown my port into place so it didn't flip. I pray everyday that it doesn't and that my band is okay too. so it's normal. so glad you are on the other side now with all of us and know we are here for you. there are loads of great advisors on here to answer your questions. take care and let me know if you need anything.

I go for my post op visit on Friday, I am wondering if I will get a fill, my stomach is bulging in spot where my largest incision is and my incision is red around it, also I am the only one who does not feel my port? Is this normal ?

It's not uncommon to not feel your port, and it is common for that area to take the longest to heal and feel a bit sore longer. However I don't like how you say that it is red around your incision. Is it also hot to the touch? If so you could have a possible infection, the doctor will let you know and I'm glad you are going in tomorrow so they can check it out for you.

Don't panic, even if you do have an infection at the site. They will drain it and advise you on how to care for it. One of my incisions became infected and healed up just fine though it took a bit longer then the others so don't worry and it could be nothing.

As for getting a fill, my doctor did not fill until 3 months post op. To ensure that all the surgical sites were healed and fixed, meaning the band had settled into place and the port site had healed as the port is usually sewn into the muscle.

Every doctor has their own procedure and protocol though so always check with your doctor and don't be afraid to ask them questions! My advice is to make a list of things you want to ask them and bring that with you to your appointment so you don't forget to ask when you are there.

Best of luck and welcome to bandland!

Thank you, I feel this incision might be infected, but I sure need a fill cause I sure get hungry and this liquid diet is not doing it anymore

Thanks both of you , sometimes I ahve so many questions and hate to call doctors office all the questions...

Thanks both of you , sometimes I ahve so many questions and hate to call doctors office all the questions...

I know how you feel but that is what they are there for, we can help with support and give you some ideas of what might be going on but we are not the doctors :) It's always best to check with the pro's.

That said I know how your feeling and we like to call it bandster hell. Until you hit that green zone, your going to be hungry...but just try to work with your hunger make good choices and care for yourself your mission right now is to heal weight loss will come later. Especially if you have an infection your body needs the TLC right now. That does not mean eat your face off my friend...but eat what your doctor recommends move to mushy when your allowed, and then to soft and let your body heal. That is the best way to have long term success without complications.

Make a list and take it with you to the doctors office. When I need to I go in there with a clip board and I have medical background!!