Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expect stalls after surgery from time to time and that you will still have to monitor your food intake. But a lot of people seem able to add a few replacement shakes in and get back on track quite quickly. Also weekly weightings are better I think.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Yes stalls are normal I've experienced them with dramatic weight loss before the thing that surprises me is people talk of hunger I didn't think you got it for ages and the fact you can eat slider foods and more of them I'd have thought restriction was restriction I find it quite concerning I am thinking what else hasn't my surgeon told me not that I plan on eating sliders at all I'm planning very low if any carbs as me and carbs don't get on they are a huge issue for me. Have you got good support around you?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes Shell I have the support of my partner and family back in NZ. So I am lucky in that respect. Also most of my friends are aware and again most feedback has been supportive.

Kiwijet how are you getting on? How's the. Pre Opp diet going

I've got an eye infection I'm at the hospital trying to get it sorted so it doesn't delay my surgery I've had

it all week and it's not clearing il be so devastated if I get delayed

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah im looking forward to getting it over and done with. Ive lost about 5kgs so far i think. Hopefully the eye clears and doesn't stop you as having got this far it would be disappointing to have to start again. Fingers crossed.

Not long now kiwijet do you know what time your surgery is booked for?

eyes are looking a lil better the guy at the hospital reckons because I'm self pay they won't postpone over an eye infection

Sent from my iPhone

Kiwijet don't know if you've gone in yet due to time diff but good luck I'm good I went in at 12 feeling ok but tender and get a pain in chest when I sip Water and burp after drinking every time but other than that I'm ok morphine def helps

Let me know how you are

Sent from my iPhone

Cheers Shell. Im done and dusted too. Not too much pain either thanks hard drugs lol. But I am in ICU for a day or two for observation as i have emphysema and also my blood pressure sky rocketed post op. But feeling much better abut sore between my shoulder blades. But looking for to knocking the next stage out.

Yay kiwijet

So pleased to hear you are doing ok

My blood pressure is high and my heart rate which I've never had before but it's fine. Are you in private hospital? I find they are always checking I'm ok and giving me more drugs which I will not complain about the gas pain in my right shoulder has kicked in but it's not to bad

How's the Water going are you finding you get a pain in the middle of your chest and burping after Water I've been getting spasms in my tummy I think what ever they gave me in surgery is wearing off

I'm looking forward to having some Optifast tomorrow (oh can't believe I said that) roll on recovery and weight loss kiwijet we've got this

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah im not big on swallowing anything at the moment even little sips can make me feel nauseous. They give me a little sponge on a stick bout the size of a toothbrush and i dunk it in Water and rub it over my lips, tongue and teeth its quite a treat. So we are over the worse I must admit the surgery process went better than i expected. Theres alot to be said about fear of the unknown. So its all downhill from gere lol.????????????

I hope your not in icu for to long I'm lucky I could start on Water after I was so scared taking that first sip lol but it was ok I've been up to the toilet a few times now which is good. I do keep thinking about food how weird it's most def onwards and downwards haha going forward exciting times ahead for us

Let me know how you are getting on later today wishing you a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah good one day in ICU bit sore round the shoulders and arms from gas. And get abit of reflux and pain from stomach. Endone helps alot with that. But if this is the worse they can throw at me I will be fine.

How bout you?

I'm good I went home from hospital today I'm only on shakes till Monday then purée I've only managed 200mls Water so far today and 2 teaspoons of yogurt so confusing the hospital gave me yogurt but I'm meant to be on shakes oh well. I dont have any gas pain but I'm gassy. My abdominal wall is really sore it's hard to move about I wasn't expecting that the wound closest to my belly button is really painful. They gave me juice last night it made me nauseated and so did the Optifast for tea it was made with milk and I felt sick I'm going to use my own Protein powder now I'm home and I need to get some of the flavourless Protein Powder to add to my purée my NUT said the red 8 one is good. When I got released from hospital my fiancé was downstairs having Breakfast so I walked down there he was having my most favourite Breakfast eggs Benedict I looked at it and felt nothing at all was so surprised by how I felt

I'm pleased to hear from you I was getting very worried.

Sent from my iPhone