Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve tested, stomach approved, brain in disagreement!

So today was my first day out of the house. I got the urge to test out a chicken nugget from McDonald's, it was only 1 but I was willing to see the reaction...I know it was a bad idea but honestly my stomach gave me no issues at all after FINALLY getting one down but my brain has me feeling like I just tried to commit suicide.

I hope that changes over time, the only fried food I like is chicken and French fries, I can minimize the amounts without a problem but will it always feel like sabotage?

Why would you want to eat fried food? It IS self sabotage, especially so close to surgery. No judgement here, it's your body, but why eat something I'm fairly certain is not on your nutritional plan?

Edit to add:

Oh my! I just noticed you are only six days post op! Aren't you supposed to be in liquids or puréed foods?

Edited by LipstickLady

Why would you want to eat fried food? It IS self sabotage, especially so close to surgery. No judgement here, it's your body, but why eat something I'm fairly certain is not on your nutritional plan?

I wanted to know if a small amount of something "bad" would affect me. It may be too soon, I agree but I definitely want to be able to pop a nugget and move on.

Friends of mine that had this surgery tell me every day that I'm obsessing over nothing....relax but that's because they were not taught how eat after surgery, they had no classes or knowledge and just signed up for the study and it's been 8 yrs for them both and they are successful yet they eat whatever they want and even can drink the same as before.

They try to tell me relax, now I can live just not be so greedy. They said I would be fine but only try one and I did and I'm still alive...lol. but I did it, now over it, my brain won't let me rest. I'm over it!!!

brain has me feeling like I just tried to commit suicide.

@@KeeWee

hmmmmm, go with that feeling :wacko::lol:

sounds like you have a great brain!!!!

here is a phrase that some people are/might be sick of - but i always think is worth repeating

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

at 6 days wanting/curious about success of a chicken nugget???

what do they say about curiosity......... :wacko:

i have heard from a few OP saying they ate "such or such" :angry:

you just had MAJOR surgery, and your poor new little tummy is trying to heal

at this early point you shouldn't be eating any real food (unless crazy doc/NUT said otherwise)

some/many people here at some point or another want to test what/how much their tummy can handle

get over it :lol:

you/some might be successful at getting that piece of food down, but you shouldn't

kindof like playing Russian Roulette :angry:

hope your recovery is going well :)

best wishes

good luck :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Yes I'm starting pureed today....so I chewed the mess outta that nugget..lol. It settled fine.

I guess what I was trying to say was that yea, even tho it went down ok, it was not as satisfying due to knowing how to do better and me kicking myself for it.

My mind was weak for the test but not the urge..No more! Done deal!

I did kind of the same thing but I made a hard boiled egg and blended it in to powder pretty much and I had 1 tsp of it mixed with a little mayo and some spice. And I got chewed out from my doc like I had just tried to kill my self or something. I was a couple weeks post op at that time.

My surgeon is one of the strictest but he also has done around 6k of these WLS's and has only had one leak. Three weeks liquids and three weeks pureed then move to soft.

I am seeing that every surgeon is different on post op diet. It make me wonder how each ones record is. Also every body is different as well. I have had no problems at all and others have a hard time. So be careful what you try :)

Edited by CDP1965