Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

<p>Day 8 of the pre surgery diet and I am down 26 lbs.</p>

28 lbs in 8 days how is that even possible? I'm on day 9 and have lost 8 lbs!

Crazy huh? The nutritionist did a double take. I went from 392 to 366, speedo time? Trust me I am not bragging, if losing weight were that easy I would not be here. I could put it back on in about a week. Couple of steaks some lasagna and a 12 pack. hahaha

This is the story of my adult life, lose and gain and always more gain than lose. By the way I am trying to make light of this situation as I am a little nervous. Actually little nervous is a gross understatement.

Oh it makes sense now that I see your starting weight. Good luck to you!

May 6th is my date ... Starting my clear liquid diet tomorrow ... Good bye food... Hello new healthy living

Started today on my liquid diet as well. How are you holding up?

What are some of your post op diets? My doctor lets us go right to soft (mushy) foods. I'm probably going to eat creamy Soups and refried Beans thinned with chicken broth. Let me not forget my Protein shakes!!

According to the paperwork my doc gave me, his patients are allowed pureed foods on Day 2-3, so that's basically once we leave the hospital. I made a batch of turkey chili, and over-cooked it a little so the veggies are really soft, it's in the freezer ready to go. I'm planning on pureeing that, and also bought some instant mashed potatoes that I am hoping to eat with the unjury protein'd cheese sauce in them.

If we do well with purees, we can move right on to "soft solid" foods, which I think goes as "mushies" around here. My list includes baked fish, eggs, canned fruit, well cooked vegetables, and moist chicken.

Foods to avoid for the first three months include: red meat (I don't eat that anyway for the most part), untoasted breads, Pasta, rice, citrus fruits with membrane, and dried fruits, nuts, and popcorn. Except for the nut and rice I don't eat anything on that list regularly anyway, so shouldn't be a problem...

I'm May 7. Been on Preop for 10 days lost 10 lbs. cheated a few times mainly with Protein. I am now starting on the OMGWAID phase. I am getting so scared. Am i really going to let someone cut out over 3/4 of my stomach?

I'm right there with ya I work tomorrow and only Fluid tomorrow no Jello or pudding. Then Mon 515 am nervous anxious.

I'm May 7. Been on Preop for 10 days lost 10 lbs. cheated a few times mainly with Protein. I am now starting on the OMGWAID phase. I am getting so scared. Am i really going to let someone cut out over 3/4 of my stomach?

What time is your surgery? Mine is may 7th too!!!

May 6th here too - Nebraska. I'm worried about the Hair loss. Anyone else?

Not sure on the time...it will be set Monday. I know its before noon. Do you know your time?

Not sure on the time...it will be set Monday. I know its before noon. Do you know your time?

Yes they told me at my pre op appointment. I have to be there at 630 and surgery is at 830!!

48 hours from now-sleeve time-yikes! My nerves kick in a little more each day. I can't imagine how i'll feel tomorrow and Tuesday morning!

Someone asked about hair loss-i'm not too worried about it, i have thick hair so i don't think it would be something other people will notice. Also my NUT recommends taking Biotin daily starting preop to help with this. She also said i can juice post op as long as i add Protein Powder to it, so i'm hoping fresh juiced vegetables will add alot of nutrients that will be good for my hair. I'm hoping my new sleeve will tolerate the juice okay. I'll take it slow and see how it goes. Good luck to everyone on the pre op diets these last couple days-i know some move to clears only.

Good Luck everyone! I have to be at the hospital at 5:45am! Can't wait!!

See you on the other side!