Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I keep missing my Appointments I'm so Nervous thinking maybe I shouldn't do it I know I cant do it a alone just been reading so many forms on here I have low Iron already I had a blood Transfusion last year I think I will get even more sick I'm Scared I might have a feeding tub or leak And not lose weight Or Lose to much or just look like the walking dead and not enjoy my Surgery Weight loss

How do I get over this feeling will I regret for not haveing surgery or regret haveing it in my case I wana lose weight to feel good again and pretty but at what cost. has Anybody felt this way and have the surgery and everything went fine Or just the opposite?

I keep missing my Appointments I'm so Nervous thinking maybe I shouldn't do it I know I cant do it a alone just been reading so many forms on here I have low Iron already I had a blood Transfusion last year I think I will get even more sick I'm Scared I might have a feeding tub or leak And not lose weight Or Lose to much or just look like the walking dead and not enjoy my Surgery Weight loss How do I get over this feeling will I regret for not haveing surgery or regret haveing it in my case I wana lose weight to feel good again and pretty but at what cost. has Anybody felt this way and have the surgery and everything went fine Or just the opposite?

I feel the same way and I'm 10days away from surgery. It's totally normal to feel this way. It's a major life change. So you are not alone. This is a great forum with lots of support. You will be fine. Just think about all the reasons you even considered wls.

I was scared to death and keep going back and forth. I decided to go through with it the way I was going my weight was going to kill me. At least I did something to help improve my health. I had it yesterday. I will be honest it hurt, I am nausea and I felt like an elephant sat on me. Today I have walked and the other things are easing.

Nervous

@@Julie904

some, many, most people are nervous prior to surgery

scared, excited, worried, many different emotions

all very normal

that being said - be sure you are mentally ready for surgery

sure there are things that can/might happen :angry:

things, pain et al usually/should improve daily

but complications can happen with any surgery

some normal side effects like gas, tiredness, weakness, vomittings can/might happen

but these issues do pass

again, being scared et al is perfectly normal

reading about complications is always good

its true leaks CAN happen

all/any complications that MIGHT happen

but......reading problems people have had, don't let those scare you away

"usually" there aren't problems with the sleeve

99.999% of people have no issues with surgery (that # might not be exact)

missing a couple of initial appts to get the sleeve procedure started / continued......

be sure surgery is right for you

if you want to try and continue with surgery

don't miss your next appointment

talk with your doc about your concerns

he will/should be thorough with answers to all your questions

write a list of questions before you go see doc

maybe take a friend for support

the posts that tell about their problems stick out in your brain when you read them

its not that often that people only write how things went smoothly - no problems

there are posts/threads that are for people that do say how wonderfully things have gone

you reallllly want to do this - but you must/should try and be more prepared mentally IMO

you will have a lot of rules to follow after you are sleeved

you should/must go in with the attitude that you WILL be successful :)

good luck with your decision :)

if right now is the proper time - go for it

if you still aren't ready/positive about surgery, thats ok - take your time :)

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I know this May sound stupid but why don't you sit and write down a pros and cons list? Be 100% honest with yourself. I'm sure the pros will out weigh the cons, then keep the list with you in times of doubt. I struggled with my decision too, but health wise it just makes sense. I'm 3 weeks until my surgery but I've spent months annoying the doctors with questions (that's what they're there for lol) and they've also reassured me I'm making the best decision. It's definitely a roller coaster of doubts, questions, positive thoughts, but I'm pretty sure it's normal and everyone has been where you are now. Hope it helps and good luck!

Thanks everyone For answering my questions But I know if I don't do the surgery now I probably won't do it in the future because I am self-pay

Thanks everyone For answering my questions But I know if I don't do the surgery now I probably won't do it in the future because I am self-pay

The pros and cons are important to understand. I love the idea of wiring them all down and using that to make your decision. I have surgery in a few days and I'm very nervous about it. I have been obese my entire life and have lucked out so far in the health department but this weight will catch up with me. I've seen the complications of obesity and to me they are much less desirable than the surgery. I've know many people who have lost their legs because of diabetes and hypertension. I've had great friends die from diabetes and hypertension. I've seen people on dialysis because their kidneys shut down because they were diabetic and hypertensive. I have a friend that had a heart attack at age 38.....she is obese and her lifestyle is the cause of this heart attack. I'm more scared of becoming one of these patients than getting the gastric sleeve in a few days. I'm scared that my kids won't have a mom for much longer if I don't have the surgery.

And I did write the pros and cons the pros are limitless Like I would never have to take diet pill again and all those Crazy diets That never work long-term But the truth is with any diet if you don't follow through You Gain your weight bk But with this surgery even if I want to eat can't eat as much And I know you can stretch your pouch but I know if I go under the knife and all the pain that I went through don't think I would want to Stretch it. The cons would be me being sick And for everybody to tell me that Well you could've done it yourself but you thought that was easily way out But I know it's far from the easy way out

Thanks y'all r right