Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Warning* Scary truth about how easy to be bad! Still in shock!

So, I generally stay around 800 to 1,000 calories... at least that is my goal right now. I eat healthy and follow my Dr.'s rec of Protein first, Water water water, and I have started back to intense workouts. Shifting from bootcamp style workouts and thinking about committing to a triathalon to ease stress on my shoulder. (nagging rotator issue)

My Dr. wants me to try to eat more because I am working out so much and do struggle a little with what I think is abnormal fatigue working out. Focused on fluids and foods...he basically said try to get 1200 calories a couple days a week if I can.

I've added muscle milk and lots of strategies to try to get there but mostly.. end up around 1,000.

Yesterday I almost hit 1500! According to my fitness pal... BUT, it was the first day I "cheated" and it was easy to get to that number. In fact, it wasn't intentional, I just rolled with my day and didn't obsess about any of the "rules".

So simple, it's actually scary! I drank a 20oz lemonade that turned out to be 267 calories!!!! I was with a friend and it was the only thing available to drink...90 degrees, sweating and thirsty! I accepted it... I never drink calorie fluids unless it is a Protein shake before or after surgery but I had left my water bottle in my car.

I also had dinner with a friend and indulged in some boudin balls (first fried food I've probably eaten in years) but wanted to socially participate and get along, knew I wanted more calories anyway so indulged. Went down easy while waiting for my crab legs.

Those 2 choices probably pushed me from my usually 1,000 calorie day to a 1500 calorie day. I really wondered how people gained weight and could overeat after this surgery. It is just such a struggle to get to 1,000 a day!

What I learned yesterday... it's easy to pile on calories when we break rules. I do want to get my calories up, but definitely not by eating/drinking junk. What an eye opener.

Just shocking how easy it was without any effort, when all the rules get thrown out the window.

Thanks for the reality check! This is something for us all to keep in mind.