Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Journey To Begin, Surgery Date 05/22/2014

Had a bad set back, had allergic reaction, now have pancreatitis, urinary track infection and dehydration. I'm in hospital again and probably be here for a few days. I'll keep you all updated

Recovering now from home and doing much better. Have to slowly work food and drink back in. Unfortunately this sets me back in recovery but just have to realize I'm going to have to go a little slower than normal patients with this. My body has been sick for so long that I didn't think I would get this bad again after surgery. A little set back but hopefully it's behind me. Will be going to see the surgeons next month. Keeping focus on the goal ahead!

Recovering now from home and doing much better. Have to slowly work food and drink back in. Unfortunately this sets me back in recovery but just have to realize I'm going to have to go a little slower than normal patients with this. My body has been sick for so long that I didn't think I would get this bad again after surgery. A little set back but hopefully it's behind me. Will be going to see the surgeons next month. Keeping focus on the goal ahead!

Congrats MommaD88! In no time you'll be feeling better and seeing a difference in the way you feel (energy levels will increase significantly) and the way you look as the pounds being to fade away. Don't stress over the bumps in the road they are to be expected. I'm rooting for you on the sidelines!!! Go Gettum You Can Do This!!!

I can speak to how you'll feel after...is it after yet for you??? I also had gallbladder removal and 2 c-sections! I thought I was in pain at first but by day 4-5, no pain or soreness. Just tightness. Was that your experience?

Do you have an update for us? I'm having a revision to the bypass from the sleeve due to major swallowing complications. I have severe esophageal reflux and bile reflux that began after surgery in 2012. Since then I haven't had any solid food and I've been on the liquid Vicodin on and off for the last year and a half. I'm finally having surgery next week and I'm praying for better luck this time. My surgeon swears this surgery will fix my pain so that's all I'm hoping for. The weight loss would be nice too but the pain is just debilitating. I'm nervous for the bypass not only because I'm aware that this could make things worse but the bypass post-op even long term is different from the sleeve and this isn't what I signed up for two years ago. I'm 21 and a nursing student and am barely keeping it together so this surgery is my last chance at getting fixed in time to keep going with school. I love reading success stories here so that's how I've been spending my time lately. I'd love to hear how you are doing and hope you are feeling better!