Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not one of the lucky ones

I heard 3 months to start/stop it. Though the risk is small, that's what I got told. I can't take meds any way now, Protein is too low. Believe it or not, when your protein/albumin goes low, medications or drugs that use them as carriers then tend to go free in plasma.

The effects are NOT fun. I do mean they are NOT.

3 weeks out and having severe abdominal pain. Took blood on monday then they called yesterday to say my white blood cells are ' very high ' said they would call today with instructions. I don't feel like my surgeon is taking this very seriously. The pain is bad. Don't understand why they are making me wait to find out what's wrong? ? So scary. After i told him on monday i was still having lots of problems he said i could go back to work next Monday. With no idea what is wrong with me? ? Like he dOesn't even listen.

Oh my I don't think he is either. Is there an A&E you can go to?

What is an a&e?

Whoops sorry, A&E is the English/British version of ER.

A&E is a television network here. The arts and entertainment network. :) It's 10 a.m. and i haven't heard from the surgEon. I will go to the ER if i don't get any answers today. I would like to not have to pay the 200 dollars. But I just don't understand why they wouldn't want to figure this out. Couldn't there be something wrong that could cause worse problems if not fixed?

I was about to say, don't they have someone if the doctor is operating who can take care of these things? I mean that's just a bit much for me.

I guess he doesnt. He really needs someone to handle the office calls. He seems really overbooked. I called them and they called back and have me scheduled for a ct scan in a few hours. Glad to get closer to the answer but scared too.

I'm glad at least there will be some answers and you should be looked after. That's one of the problems I had: doctor was run so badly that things didn't end up going right. Its hard to lead when you're in 10,000 things that no human could take care of.

Let us know and keep us informed. Pulling for you.

I just have to keep calling them everyday to remind them. Now just have to wait for my ct results and then can get on with some kind of treatment. Im ready to join the crowd with.... ' I feel great best thing I could have done!'

Nice to know that I have good thoughts my way and be in the company of others who had a rough start on this journey.

All I know is, this is just wrong. You don't dump a patient like this (but then again that was what was done to me).

I just recently added to my records that I didn't give permission for the bariatric groups' offices to photograph me on common grounds. They then got a security guard out there and he's taking photos, stalking me, writing down stuff.

They don't want me advertising my records or the like. Be very careful. Money is more important it seems, than people.

I was thinking the same thing. He doesnt want complications on his records so maybe just trying to ignore it. But in my mind if you think about it they should bend over backwards for us. I am a lifelong walking advertisement for him. People will ask me about the surgery and who I would recommend. Maybe I am just overreacting because I am sick and scared. But now I would tell anyone that he doesnt seem to want to help if you have problems. He even said that he doesn't think it anything serious because I dont look sick.

Oh shoot yeah, especially as malnutrition kills. My stuff, between what was found in my records, and the logs and all, show a pattern. It also shows me saying I wanted some health care, I'm not some lawsuit happy person but I wanted my stuff fixed. I agree with you totally and that's what I believe is going on, is they try not to have lifelong walking advertisements like us. I just give here are my records and you can see this in black and white. You aren't overreacting. There's no one I know that would have been like you are.

Of course they're going to minimize the damage. Its sad - as my blog talks about, what I've seen is that bariatric surgery is lucrative and the profit ranges I see are 45%.

Still gracious I am so sorry ... :(

I have been around longer than most. I learned quickly after surgery I am no longer a priority. I trust my gut instincts to get myself to the Emergency Room if I have a problem. Several calls to the surgeon got me nowhere, when I was scared. Take care of YOURSELVES. Please pay attention to this, especially if you are feeling frustrated with your surgeon. Their job is done. Make sure you have medical care.

Oh I know this. I found out that & post it on my blog. If you have complications, you'll can die from them. I've been followed on public property, photographed, been watched, etc. I say here's my experience. I have the records to prove it, and yes it all comes down to being on your own.

The other is that it appears some docs will go to great lengths to not want others to find out this information. I prefer being honest. I just give people the info and what they decide or do, is what they decide or do. Sort of like witnessing about Christianity.