Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@re14768 don't be discouraged...this is normal for many...what we forget is that we just had MAJOR surgery... you only see a few marks on the outside, but inside I LOT of changes took place...

drink your fluids, most important... try walking a little bit...every little bit helps...

you will get there and you won't even remember how you feel now!

also with the pain you are experiencing...how long has it been going on? You need to talk with your doctor about it if it has been days...good luck ;)

Edited by BigGirlPanties

I am 6 mos out and I can tell you a few things concerning the fears of early post oppers...First, it is totally normal to feel major restriction at first. I was unable to take anything but a couple sips of water/ juice when I was released from the hospital 3 days post op. A friend of mine who had the same surgery at a different hospital was given pudding to eat the day after! ( I cannot fathom that myself) The first week post op I barely got my Protein shakes in and I noticed I could barely tolerate Water. ( oddly enough I still have issues with plain H2O) I felt discomfort and the odd internal "hanging" feeling for about a week. I went back to work 9 days post op out of necessity. I was completely drained by the end of the day, barely able to walk. BUT walk I did as it was Halloween and I had to take my 5 year old Trick or Treating. I made it, but barely. I did have to pass on a hayride she wanted to take, I didn't think my body could handle the jarring around. At about two 1/2 weeks I noticed I felt a lot better. It was a slow road to be sure. At about 3 weeks out I started having hunger. Yes, real hunger and not the head kind. But, a small amount could fill me up quickly. I went on doctor's plan until released to full foods. It did seem he moved me through the stages a little fast, but I did well and he is the doctor. At about two months out I tried my first slider food. I honestly don't remember what it was but I do remember being shocked how easily I could eat it. And it has been a huge regret that I opened that door back up because it has been pretty damn impossible to close again. I do eat plan about 80 % of the time. I try to lead with Proteins every meal. But...I am human and I am not perfect. Each day you live your life with the sleeve you have to still make the mental decision to eat right. You will have restriction, but it does ease with time. As you heal and your body adjusts it is less and less about restriction and more about choice. Don't panic when you can eat more, just be sure you have the right foods to eat. Another HUGE issue I have dealt with is trying to not compare myself to anyone. Each and every one of us is different and will go through this differently. As long as you do what you are supposed to ( as instructed by your surgeon and NUT) you will succeed. How much you lose is up to a higher power to decide. But you will do your best if you give it your best. There are times I actually forget I have the sleeve. I am still living my life. I still have a daughter to raise, a job to do, bills to pay etc. Early on the sleeve is what you revolve your life around, but eventually it just becomes another facet in your life. The key is to LIVE that life now. Weight loss and the associated health benefits enable us to live as we haven't been. We can be active. We can go places and do things that we once were hindered my our bodies from doing. Enjoy that. There will be things you won't like about the sleeve, but try to focus on the things you DO like. Overall I am so happy I decided to have the surgery. I am still taking one day at a time, but they are good days. For those of you early out, hang in there and know it does get better. And for those who may be dealing with stalls or something discouraging...Just remember how it was before you lost ANY weight. It ain't easy, but you are worth it!!!

I'd be leary about the cranberry juice, as it has a lot of calories you don't need. Also, I wouldn't do Water pills either as they can dehydrate you. I'm sure you haven't stretched your stomach.. keep in your calories and you will lose.

I am 5 weeks out from surgery and there was a time when I felt like my stomach stretched out, but then I found a website about the sleeve that said this doesn't happen until about 6 months to 1 year but never back to the way it was. I am one that have been eating upwards to a cup of food. Not all food, because now since I am on soft solids, I can't eat fish like I used to. So I'm struggling to figure out what I can eat for Protein without starting shakes again.

Also, I have slowed down in the weight loss area. When I eat more calories I lose weight but feel guilty for eating more calories. When I eat less, I don't lose. It is such a head trip. However, I have read that everyone stalls around this time, but begin to lose again shortly afterwards. I think if we just don't focus on losing weight and take every day as is, we're gonna come back with some fabulous results. Stay focused and good luck!

this is one of my fears as well. I know me and I know I will panic at every turn. I thnk one thing I am going to to is throw out my scale. I can get so obsessed I will weigh myself 2-3 times a day. I know CRAZY. So out goes that scale and I will only use the one at my Mothers house when I visit , hopefully once a week and not a lot more. {not that I dont want to see my mother...you get the point right?}