Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded but not losing weight

Are you drinking when you are eating? I was told that if you drink that the food will go down fast and you would not get the fullness feeling as soon!! I was told not to drink any thing for a Half hour before and a half hour after?:hungry:

If you don't get the full signal from the band you need another fill. You shouldn't have to wait until the next day to get the full feeling. Make sure you always eat your solid Protein first. That way you will stay fuller longer. Good luck.

Do you think that being able to eat a taco and side of pinto Beans is too much??? I can also eat a whole sandwich, bread, turkey, cheese, mayo.< /p>

I'm going for another fill on Thursday. ...I think I shouldn't be able to eat this much at one sitting....WHat do you think????

Teacher, that is way too much food. I can eat a sandwich, but I can only eat 1/4 then I have to wait say 30 min to finish the other 1/4. I cannot eat an entire sandwich nor can I eat a taco and pinto Beans together. It takes me 1 hour to eat a taco. Hope this helps. I love my restriction though. Julie

Do you think that being able to eat a taco and side of pinto Beans is too much??? I can also eat a whole sandwich, bread, turkey, cheese, mayo.< p>I'm going for another fill on Thursday. ...I think I shouldn't be able to eat this much at one sitting....WHat do you think????

It depends where you are in terms of fills. Sounds like you were just Banded in February.. so maybe you've had one fill?? If so, then no your quantities are not that unusual. Once you get your next fill, this should drop. Don't worry.

Also... ask yourself what you could eat pre-Band?? Was it just one taco and a side of pinto Beans or was it 3 tacos, pinto beans, beverage, and dessert. :confused: The Band is supposed to provide a gradual reduction in quantities... which helps us in that our metabolisms aren't as out of whack as people with other surgeries.

dont worry about it

when i first got my band i rember like 3 weeks post op i could eat a publix sub (6 inch) but like anything past that i was full.

but now i cant even think about eating a sub.

Thank you so much for the advice....I've had one fill and am definetely going Thursday for my second one. I didn't think I should be able to eat that much. AND....YES, fabfatgrl...before the band, I could eat 3 tacos, 2 mexi-melts, super large coke AND 1/2 mexican pizza! Whew..no wonder I got so big!! I love my band...I see how I'm gradually changing eating patterns and eating so much less than before.

I let you know how that next fill goes!!! Thanks again!!

dont worry about it

when i first got my band i rember like 3 weeks post op i could eat a publix sub (6 inch) but like anything past that i was full.

but now i cant even think about eating a sub.

Oh I miss Publix... and their subs. I used to live in Florida and they were a favorite. :D

Hi,

I got banded the end of Sept, 06 and have only lost 30lbs. It is very slow for me but at least my skin isn't droppy. But, no one told me that I still have to diet; that smaller portions won't do the job. I do eat so much less than before, but I don't lose weight just from that, like I thought I would. I don't eat junk, but I am just now realizing that I need to eat like "hard" food. meat. That really fills me up within about 3-4 bites. Other things like Cereal, crackers, chips, french fries, I can eat a ton of. So, if I stick to meat and veggies, I do fill up faster. I can eat alot of chili; softer things. I guess the bad news is that I still have to watch what I eat. I thought eating smaller portions would work but it doesn't.

Good Luck!

One thing I have to remind myself daily is that the band alone isnt the cure it is a tool. Yes it helps me to eat less but there are other tools you have to use in this journey-proper eating, exercise, drinking plenty of Water. I get very frustrated also but I know the weight loss is slower than the bypass and healthier in the long run. Just take it day by day and if you mess up one day when you wake up tomorrow start all over again! Just think you are 30 lbs lighter thats great! Keep pressin on!!

I guess the bad news is that I still have to watch what I eat. I thought eating smaller portions would work but it doesn't.

Good Luck!

I wish LB doctors would do a better job counseling people pre-op about this issue. You will learn to eat around the band (soft foods, chocolate, chips, etc). The hard part is not letting yourself.

You cannot get your band tight enough to keep ice cream from going down. (If you do, it's too tight.)

If you are a sugar addict, the band journey will not be an easy one for you. It can be done, but it won't be a walk in the park. You will have to invest some self-control.

Well.............. I was banded 10/27/06 and let me tell you the band can be very frustrating. I lost most of my weight between being on the liquid diet and Dec. Then it all came to a screaching hault. I keep adding exercise and trying to change up how, what and when I eat.......... I started out at 239 and by Feb 12th I was down to 199 my weight would go up and down the same 3 lbs for weeks. Finally two and a half weeks ago I hit 195 only to go up and down the same 3 lbs. Last week it settle itself on 198 and didn't move once until today. Another weigh in...... so today I weigh 199 and for 10 weeks (2 1/2 months) I've basically lost nada.......... I exercise, I count calories (they want me between 1200 and 1400 so the body does not go into starvation mode), I watch my carbs, fats and Proteins and sodium. I told them I was disappointed, depressed and discouraged. They tried to tell me I'm one of their better patients................ I thought I'd be down about 55lbs by now... such is life with the band.

btw.... I'm on my 6th fill and my band hold 5cc's I'm at 3.15cc's as of today. I wasn't until about my 4th fill that I noticed the hunger getting to be less, but everyone is different.

Kathleen

Hi guys, I just want to say I got my second fill yesterday and am not noticing much of a difference. Hopefully my third one will be better.

There must be something to that "3 pound" thing. I hear so many people talking about up 3, down 3. I am experiencing the same thing. Thought I'd lost 29...then 26....then 29....then 26..........frustrating!!!

allergies!

just wanted to add...

Ive been literally down for last few weeks and on benadryl for severe allergies. Ive kept track of my food, and while i knew id been eating more than i should, i didnt think it was too bad, but i havent been back to the gym since the ninth of this month, and ive gained 8 lbs back!

i went back on liquids for today, likely tomorrow too. Hopefully i can get things back to a "start" position and go forward from there.

I gain wieght very quickly. i did this before the band too.