Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op Nasuea Hell Lord Help Me

Omg somebody pls tell me they experienced this and when it got better. Nausea and diarrhea something terrible I'm so frustrated. Just gave me a patch behind my ear and switching from iv pain meds to oral hoping this switch will help.

We have all experienced forms of that...it's common and it will pass...

hold on tight...that ride should be stopping soon...

Take care!

We've all had it on different levels..you'll be good soon. The patch behind your ear will help as well. The worst is almost over.

I'm so sorry Curvycakes. I was wondering how your surgery went on Monday. That really stinks that you have been so sick. I hope it passes for you soon. Mine went great and luckily I didn't have any of those symptoms. Best of luck to you.

Hey curvy cakes, im 9 days post op. I get just a little nausea maybe once a day and I take the nausea meds. Had post op visit today, my nut said I may be feeling the nauasea because im drinking too fast or gulping. Im feeling much better this week. So it does get better. I hope you feel better soon.

I had it so bad for 5 days post surgery that I couldn't keep a single thing down, including my crushed PPI (antacid) pill. Turns out that was the problem - acid was the primary cause of my nausea. I'm sure a bit of dehydration contributed as well. As soon as I took a liquid antacid (Ryopan which was a scrip but Galviscon or liquid Rolaids might work), wouldn't you know, problem solved! I started keeping down fluids within hours of coating my stomach with that stuff. I struggled with it again when I ran out of the liquid and crushed pills were still making me barf, after a few weeks of no liquid antacid and nearly unbearable nausea I worked up the courage to swallow an over the counter Prilosec (with my surgeon's approval of course at about 3 weeks out), then the nausea went away yet again.

I wish you luck, I know how miserable that is!

I am one week post op today and I had severe nausea and vomiting the first 3 days. Changing to oral pain meds helped a lot! Since I have been home 5 days now I gave only had to use the zofran (anti nausea med) a couple of times. It will get better.

Hello everyone. Thank u so much for ur support. patch and oral pain meds so far so good. Listen I've had 3 children had what I thought was hyper emisi/severe nausea but babyyyyyy that was nothing compared to that. Just so happy to finally have any relief at all.

I was dry heaving then throwing up bile for three days post op. Thankfully it passed! It was awfulllllll.

Are u still in hospital?? Glad u are feeling better;)

Hello everyone. Thank u so much for ur support. patch and oral pain meds so far so good. Listen I've had 3 children had what I thought was hyper emisi/severe nausea but babyyyyyy that was nothing compared to that. Just so happy to finally have any relief at all.

Glad you're getting some relief!! How's your daughter doing? I hope that you both recover quickly!! Thinking of you....