Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I am a mother of two teenagers and have struggled my whole life with being overweight. I finally made the decision for weight loss surgery back in the summer of 2013. It was such a long process to be approved by my insurance but finally they sent my approval letter in March of 2014. My lapband procedure was on 3/20/2014. It was the scariest and most exciting day for me. So far i have been overjoyed at the results. At my two week check up, i was down 16 lbs. I havent had a fill yet but so far my food intake is where it should be. So excited to see the results as time progresses.

Hi there, so happy for you! I was banded last November and that initial excitement has still not worn off -- maybe it's just that I'm so happy now to have dealt with this big issue in in my life. I feel so free from all that brain chatter about what to eat, what's next, can I have more, etc. And of course losing weight and getting healthier, upping the exercise, etc. is all so positive. Big changes!

Post-op some people don't have an immediate return of appetite whereas others do, so count yourself among the lucky ones. I was, too, and that was a wonderful taste of what it's like when the band is working properly. For me I did have a return of hunger and that actually timed out perfectly for my first visits back to the surgeon (they were weekly for a little while) and that's when I started getting fills. Now I am "there" at least for now, in the green zone. Even when I was not there, though, the diminished appetite is so amazing. I'm so glad I got this thing! And glad for you, too. Best wishes!

Congrats and welcome….sounds like you are off to a great start!

Having the band has been amazing for me…and I agree with @@Bandista its amazing to have my hunger under control and not have my life focused around food only. I have been lucky and my hunger was under control since my surgery and still is and i have yet to need a fill.

I take it one day at a time…and just go from there!

Wishing you continued success!

It was great to read your post. I am day four post op. I have lost 19 pounds so far (with one week pre op Adkins diet). I have experienced hunger pangs but restricted to a liquid diet for seven days. Not really looking forward to jumping back into a regular eating regiment even if its minimized. This is basically due to consequences of not being able to tolerate certain foods.

Hi there. I was also banded on 3-20-14. I feel great! The weigh loss has been slow, but as long as I'm losing it's great! I'm down 25lbs since pre op visit. I had my 1st fill today, 1/2 cc. I'm very excited about my new journey!

Welcome Bmjohnson for your new banded life...congrats on your weight loss...remember we are here for you, so when you need us lets hear from you. Let your Journey be a smooth one!!!