Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all. I have been lurking for a few days here and found answers to many of my questions (as well as worries i didnt know I had lol. The internet is a double edged sword.)

Anyway I decided it would feel good just to post where I'm at on my journey :)

I had my surgery on April 7th so now I'm 6 days post-op, on liquid Protein. I haven't weighed myself and I'm determined not to get a scale for at least a little while since I tend to obsess. Just trying to listen to my body and follow instructions.

What got me here. I have always been heavy since about 4th grade. In different periods I was successful for short periods but typically about 20 lbs came off and more than that went back on. The last three years or so I have been doing just the putting on part lol. I have had some pretty major life upheavals and it's no shock that I leaned on food. I've been in counseling for about two years and tried several different work sponsored coaching programs and still gained significantly. I went from 210 to 310 in 3 years.

In considering this surgery I felt it was a lifeline. Not a magic cure. But something to turn the dial back in my favor. I am glucose intolerant after my pregnancy so I'm looking forward to my body being a little more back in alignment in that way and avoiding an official type 2 diagnosis. A very caring friend asked if it was worth the risks. She has dealt with digestive issues and knows how it can be painful and disruptive to life. And I honestly told her yes, it's worth it. Because my weight has become a barrier to me enjoying my life. My energy levels are unacceptable and I can't participate the way I want. So while I have had no complications so far and hope for none - I really feel this surgery has opened the door to regaining myself and my life.

I know there's lots of hard work ahead! But I'm ready. I don't have a goal weight. Maybe I should to "keep my eye on the prize". But I kind of expect the prizes to be more small wins and subtle. A little more energy. A little more comfortable in chairs. A work wardrobe that won't be outgrown (in the bad way!).

This week has been tough and I'm a bit anxious to feel "normal" but even normal will be different in a lot of ways.

Nothing particularly interesting an no burning questions :) but this felt good to get out. Maybe I can sleep now!

I am sure you will do well...walk a lot,even in the house.have your Proteins,and plenty of Water...dont take stress.It cause weight gain.

the first month is a bit difficult....but then one feels wonderful.lot of positive changes.

as for me,my knees are better,scitica pain gone,BP normal,lost some weight so looking better, i am getting back my confidence. I can be successful and I will be successful.

best of luck.