Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Deleted

Edited by hockeymother

I got stuck on Wednesday and the hours afterward proceeded with the pbing but this time it moved to acid reflux and I couldn't sleep. I kept forcing spitting up the acid reflux that I started to see blood in the spit up. No pain in my stomach, but the blood freaked me out. So I ran to emerg. Dr. Checked me out and said I gave myself "Mallory-Weise" tears. Which is basically tears from forcing myself to spit up the acid reflux. This caused a lot of pain and swelling. I tried to live with for two days but the pressure in my stomach area, not eating or drinking anything, the lightheaded and general weakness....I couldn't take it anymore. So I went into to my weight loss clinic (4 hour drive) and the Dr said there was no damage to my esophagus or the band but I was swollen shut. He had to take all 2.5 cc's out. INSTANT RELIEF! The pressure went away and Water went down. Now I have to start over from scratch. I'm on liquids only until the swelling is totally gone then we start fresh. What a scary learning experience. And I'm almost at my 1 year anniversary. I'm so glad I decided to go to the WLC or I'd still be suffering now. The only thing is now it's been 3 days since removing the saline and my appetite has returned full force. Terrified of gaining before I get the fill. My mind can't get off of bread, Pasta, pizza etc. all the things I couldn't have with the tightened band. Yikes!

I'm so glad you knew to go to the ER then your clinic -- and that you found instant relief. Don't worry, when you're healed up you'll be able to get that fill back. A lot of my appetite is psychological -- all that brain chatter. Sometimes I have to just pull the over-ride switch to shut it down. I tell myself to stop it and then I change up whatever I can -- like going for a quick walk, hopping in the car, drinking my jar of Water w/cranberry. Something physical to get me out of myself, if that makes any sense. You have done a great job with your weight loss. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back and thank yourself.

How often do you go for fills? I'm 16 months post op and still going for monthly fills. I wish I could go to the doctor every other month because my doctor is a 3 1:2 hour drive. I told my doctor it was taking so long to lose weight . He told me that losing weight is a lifelong process and that I will keep going for monthly fills until he feels I can go every other month. It is so frustrating! Good luck to you!

How often do you go for fills? I'm 16 months post op and still going for monthly fills. I wish I could go to the doctor every other month because my doctor is a 3 1:2 hour drive. I told my doctor it was taking so long to lose weight . He told me that losing weight is a lifelong process and that I will keep going for monthly fills until he feels I can go every other month. It is so frustrating! Good luck to you!

. Wow. He must be giving really small fills. I'm 11 months out and am every 5-6 weeks. Mine told me last visit that we are going to start ever 3 months soon. I think he is listening to my tone and for me to basically say "I got this"

I totally get this. When you aren't filled to optimal level, it's just like a diet, with all the cravings, tricks to keep yourself feeling full, and frustration.

When do you get refilled?

I had an emergency partial unfill in late March and have to wait 3 months to get refilled. Until then, all I am aiming for is maintaining my loss. There's no way I'm going to lose weight without my band...I'm hungry all the time, my cravings are out in full force, and my portions are way too large.

It's not a great situation, but it's not the end of the world, either. As long as I don't gain weight during this time, I'll be ok. It's a good reminder about how powerful and effective our bands are when they are correctly adjusted.

Dawalsh, I don't have a regular monthly fill. I had my band placed in May of 2013 and got my first fill in Dec 2013. I had lost 50 at that point. But by dec I had stalled and I was getting hungrier and hungrier between meals.

Parisshel, I don't know when he will refill. I have to call back tomorrow to let them know how I'm feeling. I still can't eat regular foods. I'm only on liquids until I call. But after what I went through I am terrified to try regular food. Although my appetite is back, I crave certain foods, I'm scared to try anything. I'll leave it that way until I call. I feel so good right now. I don't ever want to have that miserable feeling again.

Hockey mother, you aren't the only one that's happening to. It happened to me for over a year. The food getting stuck, profuse vomiting for over an hour, and being debilitated for hours afterward. This would happen at least once a week, and with a zero CC fill. We're not alone!! After all the acid coming up, my doctor and I decided to remove the band. I had it removed yesterday. I had the option to go with the bypass or the sleeve but I opted to be finished and done. I know I can get on the eating right and gym wagon after my sternum and stomach area feel normal again from all the damage that's bee done from the vomiting. Be sure it doesn't happen often, because that's super dangerous.

I had my first stuck experience after being banded 4 months ago. Clearly was my fault not chewing enough and had no business eating a Popeyes chicken finger. Lesson learned. Once brought it up I felt fine.

hockeymother...sure am glad you are feeling better...sounds like you had a real scare there...am glad you got to the doctors as quickly as you did and that you are on the mends. keep us informed on how you are doing!!!

Give your self some time to heal you did a number on your insides. My husband when through a similar thing with the stomach flu. After the 3rd heave and nothing bile I rushed him right to the Dr. and he had the Fluid removed that night and was put on IV Fluid to hydrate him. He was on liquids for nearly a week after, and then went slowly through the phases back to solids as he did after surgery.

After about 2 weeks he went back in and had a fill done though not at the volume he was at just yet. Which for now is good since he's going for surgery in a few weeks and we don't want to have any complications with that.

Take it slow, and treat yourself gently. Go back to basics it helps.