Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does 120+ lb weight loss look like withOUT plastic surgery?

Hi. I have not had my surgery yet, so I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I'm a planner (and a worrier). So, I'm curious what a body looks like after 120 or more lbs lost, without having plastic surgery for skin removal. After WLS, I really don't want to need plastic surgery and am willing to live with some loose skin as long as clothing covers well and wonder if that's possible. If you have done this, would you mind sharing? Thank you!

Edited by Fuff

Well I'm currently at 110 pounds and with clothes pn I look just fine. Have to wear a Shapewear camisole with certain tops to smooth out the bumps but otherwise you can't tell. Sleeveless tops and shorts this summer may be different because the sagging skin will show, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

I am 120 pounds down...I have been walking with my arm weights to help my bat wings... but in regular clothes you can't tell...and of course, I look better than I did 120 pounds ago, so it's all prespective!

I have a rash problem under my tummy and breasts so I have to use a cream to keep it in check... but everyone is different...

You need to do some toning and it will help with the skin sagging as the weight comes off.... I am the great COTTAGE cheese WOMAN!!!! :)

...but if I never have plastics, I'm ok with it... anything is better than how I was!

you can see my profile for pics (the "before" pic was actually at a loss of 50 pounds) :)

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Spanx hides everything... well, almost! do not let fear of excess skin slow you down on improving your health!!!

<p><span style="font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="color:#800080;">I am 120 pounds down...I have been walking with my arm weights to help my bat wings... but in regular clothes you can't tell...and of course, I look better than I did 120 pounds ago, so it's all prespective!</span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="color:#800080;">I have a rash problem under my tummy and breasts so I have to use a cream to keep it in check... but everyone is different...</span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="color:#800080;">You need to do some toning and it will help with the skin sagging as the weight comes off.... I am the great COTTAGE cheese WOMAN!!!! :)</span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="color:#800080;">...but if I never have plastics, I'm ok with it... anything is better than how I was!</span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="color:#800080;">you can see my profile for pics (the "before" pic was actually at a loss of 50 pounds) :)</span></span></p>

How do I get to ur profile to see ur picture?

Depends on the person, age, genetics, years of obesity, and other factors. Bottom line is that you can hide a lot with clothes and Shapewear.

This photos is me after losing about 155 since VSG and more like 180+ from my all time high. No Spanx, and this was pre-plastics. I have a bit of a melted snowman look, but, look WAY better than I did at 300+!!

Do not fear excess skin - get the weight lost!post-122684-0-93485200-1397141122_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much! And thank you for sharing the picture! It helps me get an idea in my mind b/c I can't even imagine it! You look great and had great success with your sleeve. Praying I have success as well and you are totally right - I should not let the fear of loose skin keep me from getting healthy.

you click on my "name" under my icon on the post and it should take you there @CurvyCakes