Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sick of "mushies" Will I ever use Magic Bullet again?

I swear at this point I will never ever want to eat another blended Soup again. I have been using my Magic Bullet blender for everything and part of me wants to buy the accessories, the extra cups and rotors and lids, but another part of me hopes I never had to mush up perfectly decent food into pap again. (Gag)

What's everyone's experience out there? After fills, is it liquids, then mushies? Or can I put the bullet in the back of the cupboard and forget about it?

AMRDMR

After fills, you will indeed need to go on at least one day of liquids then one day of mushies. However, as always, all doctors do things differently. I wouldnt put that magic bullet away.

I too am on mushies. Nothing I would like better than to be able to eat whole food again. But I have lost a lot of weight, and I would not trade that for the world.

Chin up.... only a little bit to go.

First off, I have to say I warm to your posts immediately because of your user name. The "A" in AMRDMR stands for Autumn, my grandmother, whom I adored. I still miss her, though she left this earth more than 14 years ago.

You are SOOOO lucky to be losing a lot of weight on mushies! If that were true in my case, I would not be complaining. I lost weight pre-surgery by a very determined effort on my part, but since surgery, Clear Liquids, full liquids.....nada a pound has gone away, in fact since mushies, one or 2 has come back. So unfair and so difficult to explain/understand. I am certainly not freebasing ice cream, it is the usual round of mushed up chicken Soup, mushed up lofat cottage cheese, mushed up Beans, etc. You'd think with 1/2 to 1 cup portion sizes, the weight would be melting off???!!! But the scale isn't moving and I am afraid to pick up a tape measure, my tummy still feels bloated from the surgery.

You are right, this too, shall pass. I wonder what everyone else had for their first solid food meal after healing? All I've come up with is fish and soft veggies, maybe?

AMRDMR

Just try to remember being on liquids and dreaming of something mushy! I remember that first yogurt.....it was so good after broth! Definitely keep that Magic Bullet handy for after fills! You will get through this as we all did! The benefits of the sacrifice will amaze you!

Being a former Seattlite, living an hour north (where there are NO good restaurants), I'm curious, Jack. Was it McCormick and Schmicks? Anthony's? where did you have your first "real meal" out?

AMRDMR