Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think it depends on the person because I am constipated as well. I am lucky if I go within the next few days.

I feel ya pain! I'm on day 2 only of liquids and getting headaches also. Oh and I'm constipated...how is it that I see people on here with diarrhea if ur not eating solids?

<p>Started my pre-op 2 week diet and man o man I'm struggling. First off the Bariatric Advantage banana is not so hot...ok but not great.. </p> <p>2nd, I have the watery poops (yuckkkkkkkkkkk)... and it's horrible... Is this normal to have diarrhea like that, doesn't it cause dehydration? </p> <p> </p> <p>3rd, I'm STARVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..</p> <p>I mean like really really hungry. </p> <p> </p> <p>Why do some doctors not do 2 weeks and some don't.. I have never been told I have a fatty liver and I have had surgeries before (last one in Oct to have my gallbladder out). </p> <p> </p> <p>I don't know how I will make it through the next 14 days.. </p> <p> </p> <p>Helpppppppppppppppppp</p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

Try something warm. It makes you feel full.

Oh man - I know what you all mean. I started mine on Monday and then on Tuesday caught my daughter's stomach flu! So skipping solids was easy for that day!LOL. Yesterday soda crackers, applesauce and toast and banana, but today back to the liquid bit. I had KILLER headaches the last 48 hours too, so i'm guess it was both the flu and lack of caffeine and sugar (withdrawal) for me. I've not had caffeine today, and only a Protein Drink so far. I'm going to try to stay off the former and stick with the latter, except for going out for an anniversary dinner on next Monday. I'm allowed one lean cuisine + cup of veggies a day, so I'll just have to eat light! Honestly my ribs hurt so much from throwing up - feed thoughts are still secondary today, but I'm definitely HUNGRY!

Yes... I too have been struggling. I started my Pre-op diet on April 3rd and surgery is set for April 17th. I keep thinking if I break my discipline it's a sign that I am not ready mentally for this procedure... I guess that is my way of getting through this difficult time. This is it! We can do this!!!!

Started my pre-op on the 7th, and the hunger headaches are horrible. Replacing two meals with Protein Shakes and a meal which consist of 4oz meat, 1 cup of fruit and veggies. What are good stool softeners that safe to take?

Edited by gemini77

Started my pre-op on the 7th, and the hunger headaches are horrible. Replacing two meals with Protein Shakes and a meal which consist of 4oz meat, 1 cup of fruit and veggies. What are good stool softeners that safe to take?

Miralax is good and colace is ok too. Miralax works better I think.

OMG! i am on day one and i keep saying to my self how am i going to this ! lord help me . i want some chipolet lol but imma be a good girl and stick to it. i dont under stand why some can eat veggies and some cant ughhhhhhhh lol do you guys know if i can do cream of wheat?

OMG! i am on day one and i keep saying to my self how am i going to this ! lord help me . i want some chipolet lol but imma be a good girl and stick to it. i dont under stand why some can eat veggies and some cant ughhhhhhhh lol do you guys know if i can do cream of wheat?

My surgeon was pretty strict with my 14 day liquid diet. I can only do Protein Shakes, Water, broth, Jello, SF pops, and more water haha... This has been trying but I am determined!

Started my pre-op on the 7th, and the hunger headaches are horrible. Replacing two meals with Protein shakes and a meal which consist of 4oz meat, 1 cup of fruit and veggies. What are good stool softeners that safe to take?

Miralax is good and colace is ok too. Miralax works better I think.

ok thanks

I am on day 2 of the liquid diet. I am trying so hard. It is very hard. My last meal was pizza and it was staring at me in the face In the fridge this morning. But I agree if I don't have will power now how will I survive after surgery. This is just a tool and new lifestyle. Might as well start now. I noticed if I stay busy I don't feel as hungry. My surgery is april23rd. We can all do this hang in there

I am on day 2 of the liquid diet. I am trying so hard. It is very hard. My last meal was pizza and it was staring at me in the face In the fridge this morning. But I agree if I don't have will power now how will I survive after surgery. This is just a tool and new lifestyle. Might as well start now. I noticed if I stay busy I don't feel as hungry. My surgery is april23rd. We can all do this hang in there

That's the mindset I have right now... I just want to be able to say... I did it... and each day I complete the liquid diet the more I feel encourage within that I can get through this...

Just think that one day this will only be a distant memory. I too have cheated. Several nights I have eaten 4 saltine s with a slice of cheese on top just to be able to sleep. Even though the carbonation is a no no soon I have been drinking the fruit Water by glaceau. It does seem to make your stomach feel fuller. Also chewing gum and ice. Warm sugar free apple cider packs have been soothing to my angry starving stomach.

Does make me think about others who go thru this regularly because they lack food for other reasons out of their control. Even children. We are lucky. Lucky to be doing this and having the choice and opportunity to have a better life.

We have the same date. I know what you are saying. The problem is now we are physically hungry where as after surgery we aren't. I can handle fighting a craving it's physical hunger that bothers me.

That's the mindset I have right now... I just want to be able to say... I did it... and each day I complete the liquid diet the more I feel encourage within that I can get through this...

omg mine is 4/23 yayyyyy are you nervous i am ? are you getting a filter for blood clotting ?