Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK so what needs to absolutely go into my bag for the hospital? These are things I was told so far

Lip Balm

Loose clothes

Tooth brush/paste

hair brush

Slip on shoes (flip flops or slippers)

Book

Phone charger

Pillow from home

Gown that doesn't have me exposed from the back as I walk halls lol

Biotene (for dry mouth)

Heating pad

Gasx

Baby wipes

Edited by jdillon

OK so what needs to absolutely go into my bag for the hospital? These are things I was told so far<br><br> Lip Balm<br> Loose clothes<br> Tooth brush/paste<br> hair brush<br> Slip on shoes (flip flops or slippers)<br> Book<br> Phone charger<br> Pillow from home

R u wearing ur own gown or the hospital gown once ur in ur room? I have a large rump and scared that it will be showing as I walk the halls with the ties in the back so planning to bring my own.

R u wearing ur own gown or the hospital gown once ur in ur room? I have a large rump and scared that it will be showing as I walk the halls with the ties in the back so planning to bring my own.

Good point lol. OK so gown added. Does it need to be something that buttons in the front so that they can check Incisions?

Added to my list

Edited by jdillon

I wore home what I wore there. I brought an extra pair of underwear and pants I didn't even touch. I also didn't touch anything else I brought(ipad and slippers) but my chapstick and phone/phone charger. I wasn't alert enough to do anything but take a walk and sleep. So basically all I needed was chapstick and my phone and charger. You won't be able to change out of your gown, nor will you want to. I used a second gown as a robe when walking. I also never out underwear or pants on until I left. I didn't care about em and it was easier without them. They gave me my heparin shots in my thigh, so pants would have been in the way.

As for personal care items, the his portal has everything you'll need.

Edited by Sarahjane79

I plan on wearing my favorite cozy victorias secret sweat pants. A t shirt and flip flops. When if at all did they take your pre op photo?

I plan on wearing my favorite cozy victorias secret sweat pants. A t shirt and flip flops. When if at all did they take your pre op photo?

My doctor took some at my pre op appt and then I had my roommate take some the night before. Wasn't asked at the hospital, and they wouldn't even weigh me.

Yeah, just use a second hospital gown whenever you leave the room. Wear one opening in back and then cover the back with one that opens in front. That way you won't flash anyone.

<p>Yeah, just use a second hospital gown whenever you leave the room. Wear one opening in back and then cover the back with one that opens in front. That way you won't flash anyone.</p>

Yeah wouldn't want to end up on YouTube as the Bariatric flasher lol. Thanks that's a thought I could do that.

Yeah wouldn't want to end up on YouTube as the Bariatric flasher lol. Thanks that's a thought I could do that.

So funny

Hi want about gas x strips I am packing those to help with the gas.

heating pad save me.

Excellent Thank you. They'll let me have it at the hospital? Or do you mean for when I go home?

They don't give you meds in the hospital for this?

They don't give you meds in the hospital for this?

The heating pad I've heard was a life saver and there's been mixed reviews on the gas-x. Some say it really helped while others surgeon stated it's trapped gas from the air they input during the surgery so it won't help with that type if has only walking. I honestly don't know bout the gas-x packing it just in case.

I asked my surgeon and then the nurses at the hospital about gas x. I wasn't allowed to have it, and was told it wouldn't work on gas in my abdomen. I tried it anyways when I got home and it did NOTHING for the gas. The only thing they did was walking and moving around.