Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blessed Energy! Time to go to work!

LisaMG

Lisa, I don't think that you love your daughter more than your sons. I love both my sons equally, but I love them in different ways. There are things that I adore and things that I would like to change or eliminate about each one. But that's all part of the package. (I'm sure they say the same thing about me.)

Girls' rooms are supposed to be "foo-foo". I think both rooms are precious and equally show the love you put into both of them.:D

You ladies are just too sweet!

Thanks for the ideas. I still want to go with some sort of sky/craft theme. We have alot of pilots in the family and my son has already caught the family bug if you know what I mean.

Except his daydreams are of him being a captain of a starship! He keeps asking me to come live in space with him one day, I keep telling him that I like it here on earth where the grass grows & his reply is, "There will be a room with grass in it Mom." Thats my boy! He is smart as a whip!

Dream on!:alien

Marie, I had to go search in the archives for NSV it's non scale victory right? I understand victory, but non scale? Does that mean small? I am new to all this computer coresponding you know. I remember seeing a post with alot of the abreviations on it now I can't find it. Does anyone know where it could be?

Have I mentioned it's Friday! YIPEE!! I can't help it I still get excited on Fridays! I hope that never goes away!

My hope is that all of you could feel as good as I do today, I think loosing this weight is euphoria!:D

Non-scale victory means something we have accomplished because of our weightloss that does NOT revolve around the numbers of the D*$!@M scale!

Like... fastening the seatbelt without an extender, having to had rings resized, needing a new wardrobe, getting that first wolf-whistle... That kind of stuff.

Much more meaningful than the scale numbers, anyway, IMHO.

I'd say having boo-koos of energy and painting 2 kids' rooms is a wonderful NSV! Would you have felt like doing that 6 months ago? (Sorry, Lisa, I had to learn what that was, too.):D

No, I could'nt do that even 3 months ago. Yes, wonderful NSV!

I have a scale victory too....I am now entering the 280's

Today has been awesome!

I wish everyday could be like today but then I might begin to take these victories for granted.

Well, I've never been to Las Vagas before. I have been wanting to get away. I'm booked for the next few months but I'm sure I can sqeeze you in. Do I get a continental Breakfast with my stay? Oh yeah, what about room service?

Kidding....did I have you worried? So what kind of mural did you have in mind?

Yes, my kids do love thier rooms.:)

Lisa, we bought our house with some damage. We've got most of it controlled except one bathroom. The previous owners must have ripped cabinets off the wall and left cruddy drywall. Problem is the rest of the room/walls is beautifully tiled with tiles we can't match. So I considered having the drywall repaired and either buying an enormous mirror, or having a cute mural painted. Right now there's a huge oil painting covering the mess, but I still know it's there!

Originally posted by donali

Like... fastening the seatbelt without an extender, having to had rings resized, needing a new wardrobe, getting that first wolf-whistle... That kind of stuff.

Geez, I read this post and then took a nap. I dreamed I was walking down the street (after banding) in nothing but my new smaller sized Incredible Hulk briefs. And I was getting all sorts of wolf whistles, but they were all guys! Help!

OMG - Ryan, I even LOL on that one!!! Thats funny.

Lisa, Ive been out of the loop for a few days (obviously). Last post I read (and the only one I read that day) was regarding your hubby having trouble with your weight loss. Mike went through that at first (first month). But once I lost a few pounds and my interest in sex increased, he perked up :) .

He's ok now!

These pictures are WONDERFUL! Ive been sitting here daydreaming of what I could do in MY kids room. What an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the heck with your friend that says you spoil your lil' Eva! My thought is that you love your kids so much and want to give them the best - nothing wrong with that!

Keep sending the photos - theyre motivating ALL of us!!!!

DeLarla or is it Lisa, if your serios about needing some ideas with that wall post a pic of it (without the big oil painting over the damage) and let me take a look at it. Include the measurments & I'll see if any great ideas come to mind. Did I understand you right, there was a cabinet in this space?

Anyway I'm happy to share ideas, let me see some pics.

Ryan, you know what they say about dreams like that.......

No, I think there used to be a cabinet in the space. Picture a really small room... it was a separate little closet-size room for just the toilet, but the previous owners made the room bigger and added a bidet. They tiled all the walls with a very beautiful tile that can't be matched, and they must have had some cabinet on one of the walls. They tore out the cabinet, so it's all still beautiful tiles except the one 4x5 chunk of wall. But I just consulted with friends & family, and we agreed to fix the plaster then hang a huge mirror, which I'll frame with one of those long, frilly scarf thingies. If you lived in Vegas, maybe a mural, but I'm gonna slap a mirror up.

A mirror sounds like the best idea. Esp. if the room is small a mural might close in the room when a mirror will open it up. Friends and family are right. :)

I'm flattered you thought of me maybe next time;-)

I keep seeing people adress you as Lisa (cool name) Is that your real name or what?

Originally posted by whippledaddy

Geez, I read this post and then took a nap. I dreamed I was walking down the street (after banding) in nothing but my new smaller sized Incredible Hulk briefs. And I was getting all sorts of wolf whistles, but they were all guys! Help!

ROTFLMAO!!

Sorry, Ryan. I don't know how to help. My suggestion would be to feel extremely flattered, but let the guys know you're taken. They'll understand. :)

We can never get too much admiration.... :D