Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just left the pulmonologist and they have to order my cpap, get approval and have it set up in the next week and a half or no surgery on the 21st :( please send me positive thoughts that this can and will happen....

Just left the pulmonologist and they have to order my cpap, get approval and have it set up in the next week and a half or no surgery on the 21st :( please send me positive thoughts that this can and will happen....

. It will all work out!!!!

Thanks!

Once my doctor ordered the CPAP approval from UHC was rapid. I didn't wait for them to come to my home or would have taken over a week. The durable equipment provider had a office locally I drove over the next day selected my mask paid my portion drove home with my CPAP machine and have been sleeping in it ever since.

It's possible this can happen. I made EVERYONE aware that I'm having surgery and must get the machine ASAP or risk my surgery being canceled. I have to say everyone jumped on board and helped get this done right away. Keeping my fingers crossed this works out for u too. I believe it will.

Once my doctor ordered the CPAP approval from UHC was rapid. I didn't wait for them to come to my home or would have taken over a week. The durable equipment provider had a office locally I drove over the next day selected my mask paid my portion drove home with my CPAP machine and have been sleeping in it ever since.

It's possible this can happen. I made EVERYONE aware that I'm having surgery and must get the machine ASAP or risk my surgery being canceled. I have to say everyone jumped on board and helped get this done right away. Keeping my fingers crossed this works out for u too. I believe it will.

Curvy,

Was the CPAP an insurance requirement? Or was this ordered by your doc because of a condition?

Curvy,

Was the CPAP an insurance requirement? Or was this ordered by your doc because of a condition?

I have sleep apnea that has been untreated for years I'm talking 10 plus years. Surgeon required new sleep study which confirmed I have obstructive sleep apnea. I was required to sleep on it for 3 weeks prior to my surgery or no surgery.

Curvy,

I have sleep apnea that has been untreated for years I'm talking 10 plus years. Surgeon required new sleep study which confirmed I have obstructive sleep apnea. I was required to sleep on it for 3 weeks prior to my surgery or no surgery.
Plus having the sleep apnea helps with the WLS approval as well because with most insurance companies sleep apnea is a comorbidity. Well I know u know that already being a utilization review nursing professional lol. Had I known earlier I would have worried u sick everyday asking u " do u think they r going to approve me" lmbo. They came back with an approval in 3 days so that was awesome.

Curvy,

Plus having the sleep apnea helps with the WLS approval as well because with most insurance companies sleep apnea is a comorbidity. Well I know u know that already being a utilization review nursing professional lol. Had I known earlier I would have worried u sick everyday asking u " do u think they r going to approve me" lmbo. They came back with an approval in 3 days so that was awesome.
Well with UHC it's easy, give them what they want and they'll go away..... It's a helluva lot more difficult with some of the smaller plans. I'm so grateful to have UHC. But that whole Bariatriic Resources program was a pain in the a$$. I'm happy you got your gear. Are you going to try to get your Protein drinks covered?

Curvy,

Well with UHC it's easy, give them what they want and they'll go away..... It's a helluva lot more difficult with some of the smaller plans. I'm so grateful to have UHC. But that whole Bariatriic Resources program was a pain in the a$$. I'm happy you got your gear. Are you going to try to get your Protein drinks covered?
Girl we had Aetna first sbd they were hell!! Switched to UHC was much better. They don't cover the Protein shakes.

Curvy,

Girl we had Aetna first sbd they were hell!! Switched to UHC was much better. They don't cover the Protein shakes.
I see posts on and off about people getting the shakes covered..... But I'm not sure if they're prescription shakes processed as a DME benefit or what. I'm gonna do some more reading.

Curvy,

I see posts on and off about people getting the shakes covered..... But I'm not sure if they're prescription shakes processed as a DME benefit or what. I'm gonna do some more reading.
Insurnutrition sent the script to my surgeon she gave them what they needed but UHC was like nice try the shakes Vitamins and scar cream on her lol

Insurnutrition sent the script to my surgeon she gave them what they needed but UHC was like nice try the shakes Vitamins and scar cream on her lol

I'm on Medicare Complete. Does anyone know if they cover Protein Drinks? If not, who would I ask? My nut? Or surgeon? My personal doctor?

I'm on Medicare Complete. Does anyone know if they cover Protein drinks? If not, who would I ask? My nut? Or surgeon? My personal doctor?

Don't quote me but I believe they do. Go to www.insurnutrition.com u can apply right online or call the 1800 number on their website. Good luck.

Don't quote me but I believe they do. Go to www.insurnutrition.com u can apply right online or call the 1800 number on their website. Good luck.

Thank you! I'll check it out! :-)

Guess what?!? The medical supply called this morning and thanks to your advice I went there to get it. Woohoo! Just waiting for the pulmonologist to call me back w an appt.