Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do i get someone banned?

Hey all, I was just wondering who i go to, or who i write to have someone from this website banned. I think you all know who i want banned. Anyways, If someone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks all.

~Casey~

I have no idea how (or who for that matter!), I would guess the best place to start might be contacting a moderator.

I have never had a problem---so never thought about it. I was here when everything went crazy, and several people were banned, but no idea how it actually happen.

Kat

Thanks Kat, do you know who a moderator is? I have no idea how these forums work besides posting and what not. Its all foreign to me. Anyways, I wont mention who in a thread. I just need this person banned as they do NOT have a band, are not interested in a band, and were only on this website because of me. They caused trouble and no longer have a reason to be associated with this site anymore. So just thought id ask and see. Thanks again though.

~Hotpink~

Go to the offending post and in the upper right corner you will see a little red & white triangle....this is used to report the post to a moderator and you can make your comments that way.

I just need this person banned
Send me or Alexandra a PM telling us what's going on. Just as a note, we don't just ban people on request. I don't want you to assume that someone would be banned just because you feel that you need them to be. Send us the information of what is happening and we will look it over. Thanks. :)

Hi, Do people who get banned just come back with a new screen name anyway? I think Wheetsin is right, there has to be a serious breach of the rules etc for a person to be banned. You couldn't just ban a person because you alone don't like them. Susannah

Its not because i dont just like them. They have made inapropriate posts about me, Granted i did make inapropriate posts back to them, but im here, with a Lap Band in my body, here for support, and the whole reason the fight in the threads got started was because i came here for support, and the person got mad at me for that, so decided to post crap. That is why i want this person banned. They have no reason to be on LBT, as they have no lap band and no plan to get one. So anyways, This Thread can be closed please, I just wanted to know who was a moderator and how to get ahold of them, I know now.

~Hotpink~

Hi, I understand that you are upset about this person, as they should not write inapropriate posts. At the same time people who don't have a band are allowed to post on this board though.

Susannah

Bubbles, I suggest you follow the advice of the people in the thread that got locked and put him on your ignore list. That way, you won't see any of the posts he makes or be able to receive PMs from him. Problem solved. As much as you might like to, you don't have the right to tell people that they can't join certain websites or tell other people to ban them.

HPB, I'm sorry things aren't good right now with the situation, I *am* glad to hear that you are doing much better health-wise, though!

I agree with the thought above about putting him on ignore, though you might want him banned because of the situation, his username hasn't had any activity since 3/30 and he hasn't posted since 3/21. Personally, I would just put him on ignore. You can do that by going to the User CP link found on the blue toolbar near the top of the page, then on the left hand side you will find a box with a lot of actions. Near the bottom of that group of boxes is a Buddy/Ignore list link, just click on it and there you go, a way to ignore him so he can't email you, nor can you see any posts he might make. But if he hasn't made any since 3/21, I think the trouble might be over.

Bubbles, I suggest you follow the advice of the people in the thread that got locked and put him on your ignore list. That way, you won't see any of the posts he makes or be able to receive PMs from him. Problem solved. As much as you might like to, you don't have the right to tell people that they can't join certain websites or tell other people to ban them.

You are again the voice of reason.