Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, fellow Bay Area folks! I live in the South Bay and my surgery was at El Camino Hospital, which was great. They told me I could have yogurt, kefir, pudding, etc. It was my idea to try hummus -- it's so smooth, what could it hurt? Haha, now I know. Thanks for the tip on frozen Protein shakes, that sounds pretty good!

I can't do Stage 3 until I see my doc next Tuesday. At least I think that's what I'm supposed to do, I find it hard to keep it all straight. Can't wait to puree some tuna and veggies, or anything besides Protein powder!

I can't imagine what I'd do at home until May 29, but good for you kpay10 for having a whole month off, that's great!

You are in the South Bay? That's so close! I had my surgery done with Kaiser in South San Francisco. I really love the bariatric team they have there and my surgeon was amazing! I had a friend who had her sleeve done at El Camino a few years ago. She said she had a really good experience there.

I also have the month off....well I have a lot of time off since I am unemployed right now. LOL At least I am giving myself the month to recover and then I will be actively looking for work. Michelle, how much time do you have off? Just curious.

Kpay, I think I am going to have to try the fudgsicle/protein drink idea! I'll try it with my ice cube tray. Sounds yummy.

I am so thankful that I don't have to puree anything. I go from full liquids to soft/blended foods. I probably won't be blending anything but just sticking to soft foods. Unless I get to bored with what I am eating I guess.

I live in Fremont and had my surgery at Kaiser Fremont. I was fortunate that my family and I were only 15 minutes from the hospital. I love the Kaiser program, too, and my surgeon is awesome! :). One day we'll all have to try and meet up!

Fremont! Kpay we are 20 mins from each,other! I go to Kaiser Santa Clara and since they don't have a bariatric dept my PCP could have referred me to Fremont of South San Francisco. She said that Fremont has a back up of people so that's why she sent me to South San Francisco. I have been very happy with Kaiser and their program. I just had my followup with the NUT today and I have my 2 week appointment (2 days early) on Monday.

I can't believe we're all within 20 miles of each other, we should meet up some time! My surgeon is Dr. Foster from Mills Penn. hospital, but she works at El Camino too which was great since it's 10 mins from my house.

As far as time off, I could've taken several weeks, but then I know what would be waiting for me when I got back. Plus I told most colleagues I'm on vacation, so I can't be gone too long. Actually I've already been answering email all week so it's like I'm telecommuting anyway. Sigh.

Was a bit hungry today, but got through it okay. Hope you're doing well!

I got to add yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, and no sugar added rice pudding today!! Of course, I tried them all over the day. The rice pudding was a little hard to eat, probably because I was worried about the rice in it.

I get to go straight to soft foods, too, but not 'til next Wednesday.

How are you ladies doing?

My surgeon already counts all of those except the rice pudding as full liquids. I spent 2 days in the hospital and didn't end up starting my full liquids until Saturday. Wed, Thur, Fri of last week I was only allowed Water and Protein drinks. IDK if my surgeon is going to let me move on after next Wed or after next Sat. I have an appointment with him on Monday morning.

My next phase is soft foods as well. eggs, ground meat, lunch meat, soft veggies, soft fruits, toast, mashed potatoes, fish, crackers, and more. I am so excited to move on from the phase I am in now and to feel like I can have some REAL food! Today I went to lunch with my parents and got Soup and brought my own strainer to strain the liquids for myself. It was a nice change in flavors from what I have been having at home recently.

So far I am down 12 pounds since surgery and 32 pounds overall.

I was sleeved April 29 and then liquids for two weeks - so i'm still on Soups and pureed stuff that would go through a straw (if we could use them - hah!) It's going well though and I have enjoyed finding a few savory soups i like and adding some Water and unflavored Protein Powder and putting them through the blender. I get to do softer foods middle of next week though, and to tell you the truth i'm a bit worried about that much freedom! Anyone else feel that way? A sort of fear that with too many choices i'll want to try it all and stop losing weight.

Yes I have a definite fear that once I have have the soft foods that my weight loss will slow down! I am too excited to get soft foods though, I think more so than letting the fear of a slow down happen. I have to keep putting it out of my mind (a slow down) and understand that my body will react just as well to the soft foods as it has to the liquids.

It's amazing how every surgeon defines the food stages differently. My currents stage is 'full liquids' but includes yogurt, pudding, etc. My next phase (I hope Tuesday) is pureed foods, not solids yet. Still I'm looking forward to it so much, never thought I would.

Today is my best day as far as feeling less tired and also less hungry. Yesterday was rough that way, I think because I had a Protein shake as breakfast/lunch together, with a pudding snack. I didn't want to bring two shakes to work! I hope with pureed food I can bring a tasty lunch.

I also worry about eating too much because liquids are going down easy for me and I'm afraid food will too. But most people report they're full on a few bites so I'll be positive that I'll have the same reaction.

So far the sleeve is helping me be committed to my food plan more than I ever have before, even with the gastric band. Yay sleeve!

How's everyone? I saw my surgeon today, and she gave me permission to start with the pureed stage. I came right home and mixed refried Beans with broth and a bit of lf cheese. It was so yummy! She wants me to stay with Protein shakes every morning but I'm going to try some soft egg whites, because I'm beyond tired of the Protein shakes!

How is everyone doing?

That's great, Michelle! I saw my surgeon today, too, and was advanced to soft foods :) My first meal was tuna salad. It tasted great! I might try refried Beans tomorrow!

Possible TMI- I'm suffering from horrible Constipation. :( I've tried colace, which works a little, but I think I'm going to get some Miralax tomorrow. It's really putting a damper on my recovery!

Also, I only lost 6 lbs. these past 2 weeks. I'm feeling a little down about that. Seems others are losing more. I'm trying not to obsess about it, though. It will come off when it's ready, I guess....

I had my appointment with my doctor on Monday and he advanced me to soft foods. I immediately went down and made myself a poached egg on one piece of toast. I have tried having toast now a couple of times and bread just doesn't work for me anymore, it makes me WAY too full. I am also having some issues with learning how to eat slow. Both last night and the night before I threw up from eating too much at dinner. I am also finding that my sleeve is very temperamental! I have to eat VERY carefully.

Kpay - I have had the complete opposite issues as your Constipation. I think I would rather have the constipation than the diarrhea. Also, I have lost 12 pounds so far but for a week now the scale hasn't moved. I think it's a stall but I decided to put the scale away and only weigh once a week.

I'm only weighing once a week now, too. It's just too frustrating on a daily basis! So far my sleeve has tolerated pretty much everything. The only issue I had was on Mother's Day I tried some strained French onion Soup broth. After 2 sips I knew it was not a good idea to continue! I've been having trouble finishing my meals, which is frustrating because I want to get in my Protein so I don't have to keep drinking these nasty shakes that sit like a brick in my tummy!

How are you guys doing on exercise? I get in 1/2 hour 6 days a week. This is good for me since I hate exercising! lol

I have been lagging this week. It's in the upper 90's here and frankly I just don't want to go out in the heat and walk. Last week I was able to do 20 minutes on most days. I noticed that when I take my dog with me my incisions hurt worse on one side because she pulls but I feel bad if I don't take her with me. My husband is working on training her to heel better.

I stopped drinking the Protein shakes. I am waiting for my order of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored powder. The Protein drinks since surgery have been absolutely horrible. I am having to literally gag them down. My doc said not to take anything that I have to force myself to drink and agreed that the unflavored powder was the best choice.