Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow loser/No restriction

Hello everybody,

I was banded on 02/02/07 and have only lost 13 pounds! I am feeling so discouraged as I see how much weight I need to lose and how slow I am actually losing. I had my 2nd fill yesterday because as of today I have yet to know what restriction feels like. I work out 5 days a week and I am feeling like maybe I am just meant to be this size!! :help:

I am probably eating a little too many carbs, not too much sugar. My dr only wants to fill me every 6 weeks, if I have to wait until fill # 5 or 6 I will scream!!!!! :omg:

Dori, it took me 5 fills and 8 months to find the best fill level so be patient. Also, keep in mind that the average weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week. Some people lose a lot faster but don't be discouraged. The weight loss will come.

it's a comfort to me to know that there are those out there struggling too. I recently hired a personal trainer and i've been working out faithfully five or six times a week. i'm just not seeing results. i actually think i've gained back some of the weight i lost right after surgery. i was banded on march 13 and i'm only down about seven pounds. i know i'm not eating quite as much as i used to but i still think i'm eating too much. i'm looking forward to some restriction. my first fill is on the 16th of this month. i'm feeling super super frustrated. but we're not supposed to be this over weight. our bodies were not designed to handle it. at 260 pounds, my heart is/was working hard enough for two people. i know all of that but i'm just having such a hard time losing.

:help:

Shell, how many calories a day do you take in? It is recommended that you take in 800-1k calories a day as a bandster. Does your trainer have you on a weight loss program. Mine wanted me to eat a ton of food but I couldn't. Julie

i'd like to thank everyone for the feedback. my trainer nor my surgeon has me on a diet plan. i've been trying to watch my calorie intake but it's not as easy as it should be. and i've only been going to the gym for about a week and a half now. i'm sure it's not totally uncommon for me to be such a slow loser but when i hear of people who lost thirty pounds two weeks after surgery it makes me think i'm doing something wrong. banded or not, diet and excersise should make anyone loose weight. i feel like i'm holding up my end of the bargain and my band isn't. i guess i just feel like i'm stuck in a rut. i'm not going to be discouraged. my first fill is just a couple weeks away. and i'm trying to get in shape for softball this summer so, i'm not going to quit working out. i've invested too much time and money already to turn back now. i just figured i'd have lost a little more by now. thanks for the encouragement. hope you're all doing really really well!

Hang in there Shellz...and even though it is nearly impossible, try not to compare yourself to everyone else. Stay focused on yourself and you will see changes before you know it! In the beginning, the weight dripped off of me. Now it is slower going, around 1 pound a week. It is hard for me because I know how much I lost before...so I understand the frustration. But for many people, frustration equals stress and stress usually equals over eating or eating the wrong foods. So, just keep yer chin up and keep us posted!

Shellbellz,

I can so totally relate to you. I've been feeling the same way except I have always been an exerciser and I actually like to work out. So I think I assumed that when I got my band that with the exercising and restriction the weight would just somehow melt away, but it is so not like that!!!

I too appreciate the encouraging words I have received from you all, especially Julie!! Thanks again...