Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel? Where in the USA would you take your dream vacation? Why?

I have to say, though, that Southern New Englanders have access to a lot beautiful places within several hours in any direction. Mountains of NH and VT for hiking and skiing; Maine wilderness and lighthouses; Boston shopping and restaurants; Cape Cod beaches and small quaint towns; 400 miles of RI coastline; Newport mansions, beaches, and shopping; island getaways on Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and Block Island; CT coastal attractions and beautiful lower Berkshires; NY city shopping and restaurants. And the best tasting and freshest seafood anywhere!

I work on Aquidneck Island and today a quahogger will be delivering fresh clams to me that he's probably digging right at this very moment. Cut out the middleman for an indecently cheap price - I'll be steaming those sweet-tasting clams for dinner tonite! :-)

One of my favorite trips my husband and I took was to new hampshire. We're from florida and I loved the hiking, the waterfalls and the quilt stores! Oh and the lobster was really really good too! :)

Do territories count? Because I would go to the US Virgin Islands in a red hot minute. I love a beach. And I love an all inclusive vacation!

You are right, there are so many things! I have traveled to almost every state, but much of that was on a highway, I think we are looking for something outside of Florida, our hobbies are outdoor. Maybe shake it up, not do any of what we normally do. A unique town maybe, someplace beautiful, bike trails town or walk. Historical is always good, quirky is excellent! We love new adventures. Waterfalls? Special hotel? Amazing architecture?

I am partial to Kentucky and West Virginia if you want beauty.

I love travel! Ever place has something unique, cool and interesting even if it is just a small town, friendly people etc. My challenge is finding people to do it with. My bestie can't afford travel and so many others simply lack that right attitude!

I only moved to Kentucky 2 yrs ago but it's beautiful. Late spring and if you're here and it's a full moon go to Lake Cumberland to see the Moonbow. A rainbow at night. Also they have a natural bridge that I'm dying to see. Mammoth Caves. I wanna go back when I'm thin. It's not a good place for a blind in one eye fluffy girl whose knees had only been replaced 6 months earlier tho . Lol

Go to see Lincoln's Birthplace. They have the log cabin inside what looks like a it's own memorial that reminds you of the one in Washington.

Edited by kyrickchick64

Kentucky

Keeneland (in Lexington,KY) in April and October.

One of my goals is to be able to spend time at Keeneland again with my camera. My lack of mobility gets in the way now.

Edited by Inner Surfer Girl

Keeneland (in Lexington,KY) in April and October.

One if my goals is to be able to spend time at Keeneland again with my camera. My lack of mobility gets in the way now.

That's what my issues with the caves was as well. That and I have eyesight issues, it takes me a long time for my eyes to adjust to light and I'm walking(or trying to) walk with a cane. I'm hoping this surgery relieves my back issues some(big chest, big stomach takes a toll.)

Il have to check out keeneland.

Just saw this thread. With all due respect, you should consider my home town one of these days Kitt... New York City is unlike any place else. Culture, nature, architecture, food, entertainment...gosh, I could go on and on. Sometimes I forget because I live here, just how spectacular this place is.

Siesta Key or Honeymoon Island Flordia for a week of R&R on the beach! My prize when I reach goal is a family vacation to Siesta Key and I can't wait!

I'm originally from Ny and nyc is super amazing! I was just back there last month. First time in 25 yrs! Also coincidentally I'm from the Tampa bay area in Florida as well and siesta key is gorgeous.

Key West, FL in May or June to fish for Tarpon. If you've never done it is quite a thrill!

I've been to NYC once and would love to go back when I am physically able. It is definitely a walking city.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but Hawaii is definitely a must-see. I've been twice. The first time after I had lost a significant amount of weight on Medifast years ago. The last time I went I was having a hard time getting around due to my size. I am definitely going back when I am able. Its one of my primary goals. I want to actually get up on a surf board (hence my screen name).

P TOWN is so much fun! I used to go there twice a summer, memorial day and labor day. I was young then and most of its a blur(they can party their butts off there) but you do have to have liberal sensitivities since it is quirky artsy and the key west of the north. ;)