Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried these? I just discovered them and I purchased one bar....it has 290 cal but 30 g of Protein and has 25 g of carbohydrates....so it is it has more carbs that I want and way more calories than i need, but I'm eating one and it's pretty tasty .....

Anyone else try them?

Shel

I eat them now and then. They are good for Breakfast.< /p>

I buy them too. I get them in a variety pack at Sam's club. I feel uneasy about having 300 calories per bar, so most of the time, I break them in half. I have found another brand that Sam's and Walmart carries that I'm finding myself buying instead of Premier.

Pure Protein bars. 20 grams of protein/180 - 200 calories per bar. But they are a smaller bar. What I've discovered is that almost all the Protein Bar brands I've tried are 4 to 4.25 calories per gram, so of course Premier Protein is higher in calories/protein, since it's a bigger bar.

The Pure Protein Bars I've eaten were - chocolate Peanut Butter/Chocolate Peanut Caramel/Chocolate Deluxe. They all tasted as good as or better than Premier Protein. I tend to favor the chocolate Peanut Butter, but I like all 3 flavors.

Now they are made with sugar alcohols, so if you can't tolerate them, stick with the Premier Protein - I couldn't find an old wrapper, but I think Premier is made with real sugar.

post-147109-0-65230900-1396220581_thumb.jpg post-147109-0-59410700-1396221413_thumb.jpg

I have to buy the variety pack at Sam's, but Walmart sells the individual flavors in separate 6 pack boxes.

They all run me about .95 cents a bar.

Edited by joatsaint

I tried them, like them but unfortunately they trigger sugar/carb cravings for me, they remind me too much of candy. Quest bars don't trigger the sugar cravings for me.

I buy them too. I get them in a variety pack at Sam's club. I feel uneasy about having 300 calories per bar, so most of the time, I break them in half. I have found another brand that Sam's and Walmart carries that I'm finding myself buying instead of Premier. Pure Protein bars. 20 grams of protein/180 - 200 calories per bar. But they are a smaller bar. What I've discovered is that almost all the Protein Bar brands I've tried are 4 to 4.25 calories per gram, so of course Premier Protein is higher in calories/protein, since it's a bigger bar. The Pure Protein Bars I've eaten were - chocolate Peanut Butter/Chocolate Peanut Caramel/Chocolate Deluxe. They all tasted as good as or better than Premier Protein. I tend to favor the chocolate Peanut Butter, but I like all 3 flavors. Now they are made with sugar alcohols, so if you can't tolerate them, stick with the Premier Protein - I couldn't find an old wrapper, but I think Premier is made with real sugar. I have to buy the variety pack at Sam's, but Walmart sells the individual flavors in separate 6 pack boxes. They all run me about .95 cents a bar.

Thank you very much for the information and the photo...... I am just now able to tolerate whey protein again.....for three months I haven't been able to tolerate milk protein....I was looking for something in a bar that might be easier to eat..... unfortunately my tiny tummy still does not like bars so I took about two bites of this bar and that was it .....I give the rest of my kiddos ...lol....

I will try the ones you are using and see if Felipe will tolerate them...

Shel

I purchased mine from Sams. Everyday I have a Premier Protein shake for breakfast and a premier Protein bar in the evening when I get the munchies. Combined it equals 58 grams which is close to my minimum goal of 60 grams per day.

I eat one of these Protein bars everyday for my breakfeast. I understand about the calories and the Protein and carbs and stuff. However, they are like eating dense protein and stick with you for a while. So I know for sure that I am getting a minimum of 30 grams of protein to start the day.

I have read that some peeps think this is a exit ramp to sugars, etc. But ok, I get that but you need to give yourself a little something that mimics the real risk and realize that and dont let it lead you down the wrong path. I am too excited with my boost in life years, weight loss and list of other advantages to say "Oh I cant eat that because it may start me eating Cookies again"

I definately have more wisdom and strength than a package of Oreos