Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long it took you guys to decide to have wls?

Did it take you guys a long time to decide to have wls? Myself personally. .it took me a short period of time. .about 1 month. .to start the process. .and the 6 months insurance and nutrition requirement.

I thought about it and mentioned it to my dad in October and he was against it so I didn't think about it again until my bff told me she was having it done when I saw her in November, I went to the seminar December 5, had my consult December 26, surgery February 19. So not long at all.

2 years. I went to an info session and decided afterwards that I'd give myself a year to "do it on my own." Ha! That didn't work. So, I started the required process in March 2013, had surgery September 2013. Best decision ever, and I'm really sorry I wasted that year.

I'd thought about wls for years, but it wasn't until I was diagnosed with High blood pressure in November that I had a sit down with my PCP and had a serious conversation about it. I already had diabetes and high cholesterol so once I got this new diagnosis I knew I needed to do something. From there I went to the seminar in December, first appt with the surgeon 1-21 and off I went. Surgery the 18th of March and here I am 11 days out and I don't regret any of it.

A couple of years for me. I was looking into the band, but the info session I attended really recommended the sleeve, although they did all three procedures. My insurance would not cover the sleeve then. As soon as the sleeve became eligible I went for it. Took about 4 months from that point.

Initially I went on the WLS journey in support of my beautiful daughter. After a huge disappointment/denial with Aetna we switched carriers and on the band wagon I jumped. I had been trying to do get back to my normal weight for many years. I would lose 30-40 gain that back plus 10-20 more. I made the decision September last year announced to family thanksgiving having surgery April 14th.

Took me 2 years to finally admit to myself that I couldn't do it on my own. After my first dr appt I had surgery 3 months later. Wish I would have done it 2 years ago.