Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eye Opening Information!

Water OR COKE?

Eye Opening Information!

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it

is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed

page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

9. If you have chronic headaches or Migraines, suck down a 20 oz bottle of water at the onset!!! It helps to lessen the pain (if you follow that with Gatorade or Pedialite it will help even

more!!)

And now for the properties of Coke:

1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car

accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from porcelain and china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke

into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches Calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola Syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is...

Would you like a Coke or a glass of water?

Have A Great Day and Share It With Others!

Back in the day---when I was in junior high, we took a round steak, and cut it in 3 pieces, and put it in glass pie plates, and covered it in Water, milk, and Coca Cola. It was kept in the fridge, and while it was not "gone" in 2 days---it did resemble the cancer pics you see of organs! It ate away at it!

Now the steak did not have it's own acids to counter act the corrosive aspects, as we do in our stomachs. And it passes through the stomach, not just sit there for 2 days. We also usually eat other food with the Coke, so it is not as strong. But it was an eye opener!!! We were at a very vulnerable age, and many of us would not drink soda!!! Well eventually we figured out that nobody was walking around with holes in their stomachs---and we went back to drinking it. But it still makes me think. I would not let my children drink soda for years, and will not give it to my grandbabies. I think of their tiny delicate organs, and figure, they don't need it!!! But I have heard (no idea how true it is) that apple juice is even more corrosive!

Breathing is killing us, guess I'll just drink the water anyway!!!!

Kat

Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi! I don't care what it's doing to my insides - I gots to have it! :dance:

I just put this out there to see what everyone else thinks. I never said it was true. :-)

<p>Since I was a member of Weight Watchers (8-time drop-out), I got into the habit of drinking Water. (At least one thing stuck w/me) Now I drink at least 4 20-oz glasses a day. Without it, I'm dry. Hasn't helped me lose weight.

But I do still love my Coke. Expecially Coke Blak. But I limit myself to 1 a week.

I'll be hearing about my surgery date sometime in May. FINALLY!!!!!

B)

Maybe it's an urban legend, but I do know that artificial sweeteners or sugar will raise your blood sugar and lead to cravings and a roller coaster of energy.....

Let me remind everyone that recent studies have shown that all fluids, regardless of whether or not they contain caffeine, are equally hydrating (with the exception of alcohol).

So in reality, Coke and Water hydrate the body equally.

As for the other facts about the other stuff in it, I'm not too sure, but in terms of hydration, coke or Water will both do the trick.