Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand New Member Looking 4 Help & Support

HI EVERYONE!

MY NAME IS NIKKI AND I WAS LED TO THIS SITE THROUGH A SEARCH ENGINE. I AM REALLY GLAD THAT THERE IS A SITE LIKE THIS HERE ON THE NET! I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND MY WARMEST GREETING TO EVERYONE HERE. I HOPE TO GATHER SOME VALUABLE INFORMATION AND HOPEFULLY MEET NEW PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO HAVE THE SURGERY DONE TOO. I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO GET IT DONE! HOPEFULLY, MY INSURANCE MIGHT PAY FOR IT, BUT I DOUBT IT. I HAVE A LOUSY EMPLOYER PAID HMO!! I'M GRATEFUL THAT I HAVE INSURANCE, BUT PISSED BECAUSE A LOT OF THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES DON'T RECOGNIZE OBESITY AS BEING A DISEASE!! I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIETS THAT HAVE LEFT ME ONLY TO LOSE AND THEN GAIN MORE THAN WHAT I WEIGHED ORIGINALLY!!:omg: HOPEFULLY SOMETHING WILL WORK OUT FOR ME AND THE GOOD LORD WILL BLESS ME WITH SOME WAY OF GETTING MY SURGERY DONE. ANYWAY, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO AGAIN TO EVERYONE ON THE SITE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!:clap2:

Hi Nikki!

Welcome to LBT!

Maybe your insurance will cover this. We will keep our fingers crossed... but there are a couple of other options - 401k loans... Medical Savings Plans... 2nd mortgages... Capital One loans... Hopefully, you won't have to resort to these alternate methods - but you CAN if need be.

Good Luck!

Hi Everyone - I was so happy to find this site. I am in the process of getting banded. I had my psych appt already and have appt with nutritionist May 3rd. I have tried every diet (twice) and have always gained back my weight and more! A little nervous about having surgery (never had surgery before) and also a little worried about what I will be able to eat once I start eating again and also worried about PB. I have two children and husband and still have to cook - does anyone every feel deprived that they cannot eat what everyone else is eating. Also, I am a little confused about the size of the band. I did not know that there are different sizes - what is the difference? Would appreciate any info anyone can give me. Also, I am a little afraid of needles but I heard that it does not hurt to get a fill - is that true? Thanks and hope to talk to all of you soon!

You will probably have a brief mourning period over food, but the benefits outweigh any of that. Being thinner and healthy means more than sharing pizza! Your doctor will decide what size band to give you based on your anatomy. The fills don't hurt me at all, but the doctor can put a numbing spray on your belly before the fill to ease any discomfort. Good luck Bandgirl and welcome nikkimon!

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT REPLIED AND MADE ME FEEL TRULY WELCOMED, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND PEOPLE IN THE CHICAGO AREA OR NW INDIANA AREA WHO HAS HAD THE SURGERY OR ABOUT TO HAVE THE SURGERY. NEED HELP IN FINDING A GOOD DOCTOR. I LIVE IN MERRILLVILLE INDIANA, MOVED HERE ALMOST 4 YRS AGO BECAUSE JOB RELOCATED. NEED A GOOD DOCTOR TO GET THE BALL ROLLING. I HAVE HMO ILLINOIS BLUE CROSS BLUESHIELD THAT IS PAID THROUGH MY EMPLOYER. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS.:help:

Hello everyone. My name is Terry and I am scheduled for band surgery on 04/17. I toohave just joied your form and I am very glad to have found it. I'm having my surgery doen in Houston, but I live in Louisiana and was kinda woeeied about support, but I think I have found it here. I have been reading for two days and have learned a great deal from y'alls discussions. Thnaks so much.

Terry-