Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My quality of sleep has gotten much better but this mask is leaving some serious bruises and skin irritations around bridge of my nose and face area. I've tried listening the head gear to see if that the issue but nope it isn't too tight. I'm really trying to adjust but I'm utterly frustrated. I tried the nasal pillows during my sleep study but omg that pressurized air directly in my nose was unbearable.

Does anyone have any suggestions I know I have to sleep on this machine for my benefit but I'm really not pleased with what's happening to my skin around bridge of nose and mouth.

I love my nasal pillows -- but I love them because I use the ramp feature on my machine. My pressure starts at 8 and ends up at 18. It took a little getting used to, but anything is better (IMO) than wearing a mask! those hurt!!

Can you get in for another mask fitting? Maybe try a different manufacturer?

Good luck!

<p>I love my nasal pillows -- but I love them because I use the ramp feature on my machine. My pressure starts at 8 and ends up at 18. It took a little getting used to, but anything is better (IMO) than wearing a mask! those hurt!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Can you get in for another mask fitting? Maybe try a different manufacturer?</p> <p> </p> <p>Good luck!</p>

The machine at the sleep lab didn't have the ramp feature at least I didn't think that it did because that force was STRONG!! On my machine I have the ramp feature and I start at 8 and end at 12. I wonder if the pillows would feel different on my machine than at the sleep lab. Worth a try.

I can't stand the cpap :( I got mine in January and only used it about 4x.

Anyway, I was told not to use the nasal pillows because the air goes directly into your nose and to your lungs. I prefer them but can't use them because every time I put it on I instantly get a headache. I ramp at 4 and end at 9 and it's too much for me.

Try using some Vaseline on your nose to avoid the chaffing and make sure your mask isn't too tight. You should be able to fit your fingers under the straps. This is the advice the Dr gave me.

I need to start using mine but I can't get used to it :(

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

I really feel so much better with my nasal pillow. I too ramp up slowly which really helps. My doctor told me to use lubricate jelly for my nose irritation and it has made a world of difference. I also put my humidifier up to four which seems to help. I hope you get some new options to help you be more comfortable;)

I can't stand the cpap :( I got mine in January and only used it about 4x. <br> Anyway, I was told not to use the nasal pillows because the air goes directly into your nose and to your lungs. I prefer them but can't use them because every time I put it on I instantly get a headache. I ramp at 4 and end at 9 and it's too much for me. <br> Try using some Vaseline on your nose to avoid the chaffing and make sure your mask isn't too tight. You should be able to fit your fingers under the straps. This is the advice the Dr gave me.<br> I need to start using mine but I can't get used to it :(

Well mines came with a modem so that the Dr can see if I'm using it, how often, and the amount of time I sleep on it. He can even adjust the ramp remotely. I told the tech this is wayyyyy too much info to be readily available to u all she replies yes this is for none compliant patients like urself so we can keep the big eye on u....needles to say I said girl hush box up my new form of birth control so I can beat this traffics home.

The quality of my sleep is hands down much better but I don't want to walk around with grooves and bruises on my face either so something has got to give.

Well mines came with a modem so that the Dr can see if I'm using it, how often, and the amount of time I sleep on it. He can even adjust the ramp remotely. I told the tech this is wayyyyy too much info to be readily available to u all she replies yes this is for none compliant patients like urself so we can keep the big eye on u....needles to say I said girl hush box up my new form of birth control so I can beat this traffics home. The quality of my sleep is hands down much better but I don't want to walk around with grooves and bruises on my face either so something has got to give.

Mine has the modem too but I have 90 days to become compliant. I have had it for 2 months so I really need to start getting used to it. Not to mention, my husband woke me twice last night because I wasn't breathing and I have to use it for three consecutive weeks before my surgery on 5/7 so I really need to just do it!!

Edited by law001

Well mines came with a modem so that the Dr can see if I'm using it, how often, and the amount of time I sleep on it. He can even adjust the ramp remotely. I told the tech this is wayyyyy too much info to be readily available to u all she replies yes this is for none compliant patients like urself so we can keep the big eye on u....needles to say I said girl hush box up my new form of birth control so I can beat this traffics home. The quality of my sleep is hands down much better but I don't want to walk around with grooves and bruises on my face either so something has got to give.

Mine has the modem too but I have 90 days to become compliant. I have had it for 2 months so I really need to start getting used to it. Not to mention, my husband woke me twice last night because I wasn't breathing and I have to use it for three consecutive weeks before my surgery on 5/7 so I really need to just do it!!
Ur surgery coming fast so u better get on it dawg gone it.....rotflmbo. I didn't want to get this machine as nothing about it is sexy but when my doctor explained the serious risks of having the surgery with untreated sleep apnea it scared the sugar honey iced tea out of me and I sleep on that sucker faithfully every night looking like I belong on Silence of the Lambs. No but seriously pls start sleeping on it sleep apnea is puts a strain on our heart and other organs and it's not worth the risks.

Ur surgery coming fast so u better get on it dawg gone it.....rotflmbo. I didn't want to get this machine as nothing about it is sexy but when my doctor explained the serious risks of having the surgery with untreated sleep apnea it scared the sugar honey iced tea out of me and I sleep on that sucker faithfully every night looking like I belong on Silence of the Lambs. No but seriously pls start sleeping on it sleep apnea is puts a strain on our heart and other organs and it's not worth the risks.

Thank you!! You have opened my eyes to the risks more than the dr could. I'm going to start wearing it tonight!

I am a nervous wreck about the surgery so I need to do this.

Thanks...I will keep you posted!

When is your surgery?

Thank you!! You have opened my eyes to the risks more than the dr could. I'm going to start wearing it tonight!

I am a nervous wreck about the surgery so I need to do this.

Thanks...I will keep you posted!

When is your surgery?

Yes pls wear it and most of all keep me posted. My date is April 14th

Oh my!! Your day is around the corner!!!

Do you have a 2 week liquid diet to start? Please, stay in touch!!

Oh my!! Your day is around the corner!!!

Do you have a 2 week liquid diet to start? Please, stay in touch!!

Yup I start it on the 1st yikes I'm so dreading I it lol

I use a mask called a Wisp, (Whisp?) and it's just a nicely cushioned piece that fits over my nose with soft straps. It came with three sizes of 'cups' for the over-the-nose bit, and i've wound up with th medium one. I find it's so very soft that there's no red line or bump or anything. It's newer than some, but worth asking if your place has them. Also they aren't that expensive to buy on your own. It's nice too not having anything on my forehead or chin. Everyone seems to do better with different ones for different reasons though, so maybe check it out. http://www.thecpapshop.com/respironics-wisp-nasal-mask

<p>I use a mask called a Wisp, (Whisp?) and it's just a nicely cushioned piece that fits over my nose with soft straps. It came with three sizes of 'cups' for the over-the-nose bit, and i've wound up with th medium one. I find it's so very soft that there's no red line or bump or anything. It's newer than some, but worth asking if your place has them. Also they aren't that expensive to buy on your own. It's nice too not having anything on my forehead or chin. Everyone seems to do better with different ones for different reasons though, so maybe check it out. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.thecpapshop.com/respironics-wisp-nasal-mask%C2%A0'>http://www.thecpapshop.com/respironics-wisp-nasal-mask </a></p>

Thank u I will definitely check out the website.