Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready mentally

OK so I have some time before my surgery in July. I have a few obstacles to overcome yet, like blood work, nutritionist consult and monthly follow ups and results from sleep study etc. My biggest concern is getting into a rhythm of healthy eating and mind set. I feel so out of control right now. I want to practice eating properly and working out. Things keep getting in the way. Today I woke up with the worst back ache I could barely walk. Lower back. Could it have to do with the gallbladder disease? They're taking it out on July 11 th. Hopefully that goes away. This is the second time I've experienced excruciating pain in my back. I have an appointment on Thursday with the doctor so I will ask him too, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this as well. Any advice on what I can do for now to feel better prepared for after sleeve surgery? I drink tons of Water and no soda so that's a start I guess. What should I do now to get ready?

I haven't had my surgery, but I know I'm going to have to start finding time for myself...make time for exercise a few times a week to start off.

Sorry, I forgot about your back hurting...try some different Protein Shakes so you will know what kind you like so you can be prepared after surgery.

Exactly. We have to get into some kind of regular regiment. Discipline ourselves so it's not such a huge shock. A little commitment maybe each week. Like this week I gave up coffee. Next week no bread or rice. That's a big one! At least for me.

OK so I have some time before my surgery in July. I have a few obstacles to overcome yet, like blood work, nutritionist consult and monthly follow ups and results from sleep study etc. My biggest concern is getting into a rhythm of healthy eating and mind set. I feel so out of control right now. I want to practice eating properly and working out. Things keep getting in the way. Today I woke up with the worst back ache I could barely walk. Lower back. Could it have to do with the gallbladder disease? They're taking it out on July 11 th. Hopefully that goes away. This is the second time I've experienced excruciating pain in my back. I have an appointment on Thursday with the doctor so I will ask him too, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this as well. Any advice on what I can do for now to feel better prepared for after sleeve surgery? I drink tons of Water and no soda so that's a start I guess. What should I do now to get ready?

Finding Protein Shakes you like. Ones that are low in fat, carbs, and sugar. Stay away from Ensure and Boost. They have to many carbs and sugar. Don't overstock but just try a few different ones and see which ones you like.

Don't stock up because after surgery your taste may change. Definitely make time for yourself to exercise 30min a day. Just what your body can handle. Doing SOMETHING is better than sitting in front of the TV or PC all day. Good luck on your journey God bless

I had terrible back pain when I had my gallbladder attacks. It felt like someone was poking a hot Iron rod in through my back and out the front of me.

I first started this in December. I started exercising every day, quit coffee, and stopped smoking on January 1. I wanted to be in the routine of it by the time I have my surgery.

Good luck and hope your pain goes away.

We quit smoking too . My husband and I. I am on my feet running a store 8-9 hours a day without much of a break usually. I just pulled a 21 pallet load off our grocery truck and tomorrow I am going to the gym. I try to stay active. Tomorrow is a Dr follow up appointment too. Should be fun. Seems like every time I go now they find a reason to cut me open. Maybe they'll have my sleep study results from last weekend? Oh well. Good night you guys. Thank you for your support