Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Zone… But only after 6pm :(

I am not new here even though my profile says I am…. I couldn't access my old account and thus had to open a new one <_< my old account was under Zeniada. So my info can be found under that (hopefully :unsure: )

I have been banded since Aug 2010 and lost 60 lbs the first 1 ½ years but got over filled once and after getting an unfill I stopped trying.

And of course I gained 40 lbs and decided to finally go and get filled.

On Wednesday (last week) I got a fill of 2.5cc (I have a 4cc band) Doc said there was no saline in my band at all. (no wonder I could eat a horse!)

I have noticed that I am extremely tight in the daytime hours but am able to sip Water and the occasional Protein shake, around noon I am able to have some both or a creamy type Soup.

But when 6 pm rolls around and later I am able to eat solid foods and I am able to eat about ½ cup of food. (more if I really wanted LOL)

I'm hoping that things will loosen up over time as I have to go to Mexico to get my fills/unfill and that is time consuming even though I live 10mins away.

I also have noticed that I got my fill 1 week before my TOM so that may have something to do with it. :angry:

I have lost 4 lbs though since my fill. I know people may say be careful it's not about loosing fast and your right. But since I am able to eat and drink with out much problems I'm gonna wait it out. No PB'ing or stuck episodes since I have set my mind to doing liquids during the day and a good meal at night. I did a 10 day juice fast and I lived :lol:

Wish me luck and if there are any other "August Rusher's" still on this site message me, I'd love to see how your journey has been. :)

Do you remember to look for satiety signals like hiccups, burps, runny nose loss of appetite during a meal? Many banders from years ago were taught a different way of using the band as a restriction device and it's really not that at all. It's simply there to make you feel satiety with smaller portions of food.

Sorry, don't mean to preach to the choir but we see many band vets come back who seemed to have never gone through orientation or any nutritional classes. Welcome back.

Thank you 2muchfun. I have learned over the years to listen to my body and not just go off of feelings. And your right we were not really given a lot of education Thats why i think a lot of the people who got banded around the time I did are having so many issues and have opted to have the band removed and get the sleeve, for me thats not an option so I have to make my band work. Thanks Again.

Do you remember to look for satiety signals like hiccups, burps, runny nose loss of appetite during a meal? Many banders from years ago were taught a different way of using the band as a restriction device and it's really not that at all. It's simply there to make you feel satiety with smaller portions of food. Sorry, don't mean to preach to the choir but we see many band vets come back who seemed to have never gone through orientation or any nutritional classes. Welcome back.

So question I had a fill around feb 18 now today I had some protien shake and I am pB a little and my nose is running and burping so I guess my fill has just really finally set in. I have noticed I yawn bad too ! Sometimes burp. I guess I need to watch it. I can't really eat a lot untill late afternoon

I may just be having a tight day

Suzzie, sounds wonderful if this happens just in the mornings? Many would love to be where you are now. Just monitor the stuck episodes and make sure you get enough fluids.

If this is an incident that happens in the afternoons or evenings, you should check with your doctor.

Suzzie, sounds wonderful if this happens just in the mornings? Many would love to be where you are now. Just monitor the stuck episodes and make sure you get enough fluids. If this is an incident that happens in the afternoons or evenings, you should check with your doctor.

I just my 100 calorie almonds and no prob

I think the protien is too thick