Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't know why...

That would be her. The first ever "Band Practitioner" in the world.
She's the one I made a post about here a few weeks ago. She had taken an abstract of a scientific paper and basically added on to it, and posted that the authors had made conclusions that they hadn't. I took her to task for it. Of course, she said that it wasn't her fault, that she'd just stated quotes that other people had made about that article in other papers. It didn't fly, though, because she had posted the abstract with her little changes added to it. That is really what made me question her credentials. Anyone who has had any experience writing scientific papers knows that you just don't do that. Not only is it unethical, it's likely illegal.

She drives me insane when she posts because she is always doing it in a holier-than-thou way. Anytime anyone posts, looking for support, she's always after them, saying "you're not doing it right", "you're not following the band rules", "you're going to slip your band or have an erosion if you keep doing that", yadda, yadda, yadda.

She's the one I made a post about here a few weeks ago. She had taken an abstract of a scientific paper and basically added on to it, and posted that the authors had made conclusions that they hadn't. I took her to task for it. Of course, she said that it wasn't her fault, that she'd just stated quotes that other people had made about that article in other papers. It didn't fly, though, because she had posted the abstract with her little changes added to it. That is really what made me question her credentials. Anyone who has had any experience writing scientific papers knows that you just don't do that. Not only is it unethical, it's likely illegal.

She drives me insane when she posts because she is always doing it in a holier-than-thou way. Anytime anyone posts, looking for support, she's always after them, saying "you're not doing it right", "you're not following the band rules", "you're going to slip your band or have an erosion if you keep doing that", yadda, yadda, yadda.

WOW! I had no idea she did that. I knew she claimed to have a hand in Dr. Kuri's work but what you are writing is taking it a bit far.

Yes, everyone else is wrong and she is the only person that knows anything about banding. Every bandster at goal did it all wrong if they didn't do it her way.

There was a person that was writing about how they had a hard time with solids. It wasn't even just solids, it was everything including liquids. If they are sipping room temp liquids and still PBing, there is a problem. They aren't doing anything wrong, there is something wrong with their stomach or band.

Sandy was telling the person that they were taking too long to eat. They should be done in 20 minutes. Set a timer and when the timer goes off after 20 minutes they aren't permitted anything else for six hours. This person was eating a pea sized bite every five minutes just trying to keep it down. According to Sandy's rules the person would get (literally) 16 pea size bites of food daily. Huh??? I jumped in and reminded her that not every bandster is the same and we need to take into consideration each individual and their unique needs and issues. She actually disagreed and insisted the person stop eating after 20 minutes.

That just isn't a nurse, an actual nurse would know better.

I mean, since that's not a REAL TITLE... :o

I *DO* practice life with a Lap-Band every day you know! :biggrin1:

WENDELL!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Coming to the "right" side of the tracks finally? LOL!

That just isn't a nurse, an actual nurse would know better.

I agree.

Oregon State Nurse Licensing has no record of her, with ANY name spelling variation.

Here is a link to the license search engine:

http://www.osbn.state.or.us/search/searchResults-submit.do

And just to be SURE, I checked the Oregon Board Of Medical Examiners, here's a LINK:

http://www.bme.state.or.us/search.html

I agree.

Oregon State Nurse Licensing has no record of her, with ANY name spelling variation.

Here is a link to the license search engine:

http://www.osbn.state.or.us/search/searchResults-submit.do

And just to be SURE, I checked the Oregon Board Of Medical Examiners, here's a LINK:

http://www.bme.state.or.us/search.html

Did you look under "band practitioner" licensing? BWAHAHAHAHA

WENDELL!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Coming to the "right" side of the tracks finally? LOL!

Could be.... :biggrin1:

Remember, I *USED* to be a member of 22 different weight loss surgery message boards.

This is one of those.

Hmmm....

I thought it was before then... my mistake. :o

Whoops! My face is red! I checked to make sure that you were a newbie here before I posted, but I thought it said 01-04-2007. Well, anyway, I haven't seen you post before, so welcome. You're new to me!