Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

had surgery march 3rd 2014

PLEASE VIEW!!!

I have been on puree and moved to soft foods...I felt like tonight I ate some Soup (half can) and had a greek yogurt. Concern is I didn't get my normal "I'm full chest pain". Should I worry I stretched my stomach already?

Edited by hopehurley

I had surgery two days after you (the 5th) and just started pureed yesterday. I feel full after about a 1/4 cup. What kind of Soup was it? If it is more liquid then it will pass through quicker and you won't feel as full. My advice would be to not push it. Eat what your guidelines tell you (for me the meal sizes are 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup) and no liquids 30 minutes before and after eating. I just had 1/3 cup refried Beans with melted cheese and I'm very much full.

It was a brocolli and cheese Soup with potatoes and bits of chic. Yogurt was creamy. I c my Dr on Monday...I'm scared I've perforated something. I do chew my food very mell into mush....I even had a piece a pizza now that made me full...again I chew super well...should I go back to liquids to b safe

It was a brocolli and cheese Soup with potatoes and bits of chic. Yogurt was creamy. I c my Dr on Monday...I'm scared I've perforated something. I do chew my food very mell into mush....I even had a piece a pizza now that made me full...again I chew super well...should I go back to liquids to b safe

Eating pizza already is very worrisome. I would take this time to reevaluate your Protein and food guidelines that were (maybe?) given to you. I wouldn't dream of eating a slice of pizza until AT LEAST a few months out. You're still healing! Not to mention it's an old habit. I wouldn't worry about a perforation unless you are having pain.

I would definitely go back to liquids and shakes for a few days.

Had my sleeve done on 3-3-14 as well and I'm having so much trouble eating ANYTHING. When I do eat, I instantly have diarrhea. Any suggestions???

It's okay....thnx! This surgery has been pretty rough on me. How about you?

I was good till I lifted something Friday and am sore where the hernia was repaired. food sucks in puree form I look at them and I want to vomit...I have lost almost 30lbs....I just find it hard to take chewable vitamins...make me nauseated. I find each day gets better...we just have to know this is a journey that will have ups and downs!!

Had my sleeve done on 3-3-14 as well and I'm having so much trouble eating ANYTHING. When I do eat, I instantly have diarrhea. Any suggestions???

I had (and continue to have) diarrhea issues too, especially if the food is too rich. Cottage cheese in particular goes right through me. I mentioned it to my surgeon last week, and he didn't seem concerned at all. He said my plumbing is still sorting itself out. He also said taking Immodium every couple days would be OK to keep things in check. Hang in there, I hope it gets better (for the both of us!)

Be well…

Hello. I had surgey 03/05. Doctor moved me to soft foods on 03/13 and said I could have any cheese I wanted. When my family had pizza, I took the cheese off 1 slice and ate it. It was so good and I felt like I was eating with the family. No issues from it at all.

Oh okay. I thought I was the only one lol...hope so too!!! Hopefully me and you will be loving this in a couple months lol