Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

I have nto started working out yet. I need too. This sounds like typical excuses but I really dont knwo when. I work full time, commute 2 hours a day, have 2 kids (dinner, homework) and am going to school in the evenings. I cant even keep up with my laundry. lol Congrats on the 10 pounds. Let me know how the fill is!

Char

Jtag,

I can totally relate. I still do the same thing. I have been banded fro 2 months and I want to be thin NOW! So sometimes it doesnt seem real. I still can't grasp that I might (see, cant even say "will") be much thinner by next summer. I read horror stories about how it didnt work at all for someone, etc and get doubtful. But the truth of the matter is,..it DOES work, if you work with it. I can go a week without dropping a pound by just cheating my band (having liquid with my meal, eating chocolate, etc). But when I follow the rules, the band works.

By the way, I LOVE being able to be real on here. If Id have typed that onthe yahoo group, Id had gotten a 15 minute lecture on "why in the world would I eat chocolate!!" Hey, I am real and I still have food problems. Thankfully, they are far and fewer between now!

I live in Aurora and get banded 11-08-07. I'm so excited and time is dragging. I'm glad I found this website, it's great. I can't wait to start my new life. My Dr. is Michael Snyder at Rose Medical. He's great. I've lost 13 lbs pre-op. I'm 59 and scared because of my age. Think good thoughts for me!

Good to see a Colorado group! I am on the western slope like steph is.

STEPH ~ I was going to PM you, but you don't have it set up...can you pm me...i think it would be fun to see if we are near eachother!

Hey guys ... well I went in for my first fill on Thursday. I am down a total of 12lbs, was very disappointed, thought I should be down more and I haven't even cheated, started exercising and everything, oh well 12 lbs is 12 lbs. Dr. Chae said I was right on track and doing very well. Then I had the fill, he makes you wait after the fill and drink a full glass of Water. I have the 10cc band he gave me 3cc's, I made it through about 3 sips of water and lost it. So he took 1 1/2cc's out, that was much better, but now I think he might have taken to much out. 2 days of liquids and I am about to starve, hopefully when I am back on solids it will go better, if not I will see if he will up my fill a little. Jtag, good luck on Thursday, keep us posted on how it goes. Plents, I totally understand on the time to workout, I hate to get up early and by the end of the work day I am so tired I can't even think about moving more.

Zippykat,

I also live in Colorado and am going to Dr Snyder's seminar in December. I have not seen him yet but have downloaded all of his paperwork and am in the 4th month of the required 6 month Doctor supervised program. You must have had your surgery by now. Hope all is going well for you.

Bobbie

<p>Meegco63,</p> <p>12 pounds is GREAT!! Just think of it this way, if you lost 12 pounds per month you'd be great. I heard alot of stories about people saying they lost 35 pounds the first month etc., When I compared myself to them, I got down. But the truth is, losing a little slower is healthier for your body and your skin! You are doing wonderful. </p> <p>You have to be on liquids after your fill? Wow, not me. I love my doc. His rules are really loose. lol</p> <p>Good luck and keep us posted! </p> <p>Char</p>

Bobbiedoll,

You will love Dr. S, he is great. My son worked for him as a P.A and told me not to go to anyone else. Surgery went well, I'm 17 days out. No hungry pangs yet, just starting to eat mushies. At 2 week post op I had lost 14 lbs. 25 since I first saw Dr.. He will ask you to try to follow diet and try out Protein Shakes but only has you do 2 day pre-op liquid diet. Good luck with everything and let me know how its going!

zippykat

Hello Everyone! I live in Lakewood, I'll be having surgery on Dec 18th. It's nice to see there really are other Coloradoans here! (Dr. Frank Chae)

Hello Everyone! I live in Lakewood, I'll be having surgery on Dec 18th. It's nice to see there really are other Coloradoans here! (Dr. Frank Chae)

Welcome Frisky!

I'm from Littleton and I'm getting banded on 1/7/08!

There are quite a few Coloradoans on here!

Do you have a pre-op diet you have to follow?

My name is Dee~

OK Coloradoans...it's getting REAL now - I attended my full-day pre-op class today - went over everything for surgery, date is set, auth should be received this week and labs are scheduled for Jan 1st...this is getting real now...and I've lost 10 of the 15 required so looks like I'm all set and

I couldn't be more excited...hate hospitals, hate anesthesia, hate stictches, hate pain and hate needles but I'm ready for this to begin!!! How crazy is that?

I've been gone for a while (still focused, but gone) how is everybody doing after Turkey Day????

Hi Dee!

Who is your doctor? I'm getting excited and nervous! I have to start my pre-op diet on Saturday. (3 days before) All Clear liquids.....I know that's going to be tough. Then I'll be on full liquids for about 3 weeks after. Slow and steady. I'm told it will shrink my liver so the doc can see easier. Why did you choose the lapband?

Hi there!

I live in Brighton, and was banded on 12/12 by Dr. Kirshenbaum. I am down 18.5 pounds so far and am tickled that it has been going so great!! Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!

Brandy

weight.png

Welcome brandymom1234! How is everyone? I'm now a week Post-Op. Doing pretty good! It feels great to feel thinner everyday!!!