Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

It is MUCH better, thank you. I have no idea what it was. But it gradually got better with rest. I am ready to start my walking routine again, but am a bit leary.

How are you doing? Getting excited I'm sure.

I am just so happy because I am seeing the scale slowly move. Sometimes it even goes back up a pound or two when I am "naughty" but I just feel like I am in control now. When I see it go up, I know why, and I know how to turn it around. I felt so defeated pre-band. I am really excited for you and think you will LOVE it!

Char

289/281/262/175

(pre-preop/pre-surgery/now/goal):)

Hi All,

I am pending lap band with Dr. Roller at the Northern Colorado Surgical Associates in Fort Collins. Have surgery date 11.27.07, but pending Insurance approval. The waiting is tough.

I have my dietician and the psych consult next week. Any pointers for the psych consult would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Good afternoon fellow bandsters .... I am so excited to find this site, what a great place !!!!! A little about me, I was banded Oct. 1, 2007, by Dr. Frank Chae. At my post-op appt. I had lost 10 lbs, with my 1st fill expected Nov. 9th. Being a newbie, I have not experienced alot yet with the band, liquids, mushy food, learning to chew very slowly, and NO liquids with meals, but I can already to tell you, this was the best decision I have ever made for myself .... Excercise is my next big challenge, hoping that gets off to just as great a start as the first leg of this incredible journey. Anyway, just wanted to drop by introduce myself and say hi to everyone.

Meegon :kiss

I'm a Chae patient, too. Was banded on Sept. 10th, and will get my band tightened this Friday! I've lost 29 lbs. I'm right on the brink of FINALLY being under 300 lbs. Sooo excited!

OMG that is so cool, almost 30 lbs in a little over a month, I am amazed. You are doing great, I hope I am a successful. Will this be your first fill? Kelly was telling me on my post op appt. that Dr. Chae doesn't fill lightly, he goes for the big fills when he does it. Keep up the good work and keep me posted.

Hi All,

I am pending lap band with Dr. Roller at the Northern Colorado Surgical Associates in Fort Collins. Have surgery date 11.27.07, but pending Insurance approval. The waiting is tough.

I have my dietician and the psych consult next week. Any pointers for the psych consult would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I was nervous about this portion, too. I had read people online saying that they had been denied because of depression. I was worried if I was honest about it, I would be, too. But I have a good handle on it and I have realistic expectations for the band. Even if you might have emotional problems (I haven't run into many overweight people that don't), if you are well-adjusted, you should be okay. She just recommended to me that I start seeing a therapist for unrelated issues (which was already a pre-req that I set for MYSELF to be sure that I succeed), but she gave me a thumbs-up to get the band. Know what your limitations are, be honest, make sure you have a good support system (mine happens to be my husband).

I was nervous about this portion, too. I had read people online saying that they had been denied because of depression. I was worried if I was honest about it, I would be, too. But I have a good handle on it and I have realistic expectations for the band. Even if you might have emotional problems (I haven't run into many overweight people that don't), if you are well-adjusted, you should be okay. She just recommended to me that I start seeing a therapist for unrelated issues (which was already a pre-req that I set for MYSELF to be sure that I succeed), but she gave me a thumbs-up to get the band. Know what your limitations are, be honest, make sure you have a good support system (mine happens to be my husband).

Thanks Steph. Don't know why I was worried. I passed the Psych consult. The Psychologist also runs a support group for my surgeons, which I plan to attend. This is a major adjustment in my life. I'm sure I'll do fine with it. I have a wonderful family who are very supportive, even thrilled that I am doing this. They want me around for a long time.

Congrat's on passing your psych consult. It is a major adjustment in your life, as long as you have a great support system and a positive attitude you will do great, and it sounds like you have both of those. Good Luck

:clap2:HI there and congrats on getting banded! Thats so exciting. I am 2 months out, and have lost 34 pounds. Its not as fast as some, but I am thrilled! Its a whole new lifestyle, and one I feel I can control.

I am not familiar with your surgeon. Mine was Kirshenbaum in Aurora. He is great. I have already had 2 fills and 1 unfill.:-)

Well, best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Char

Wow .... 2 months out and 34 lbs. that is amazing, I hope mine starts coming off that fast. I have not had a fill yet, my first one will be Nov. 1st. Dr. Chae likes to wait at least a month before he does a fill. I agree on the new lifestyle, I have been so happy since I had it done, definitly something I can control. Dr. Chae and his whole staff are wonderful, I don't think I could have picked a better doctor. Why the unfill were you loosing to fast? Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Hey there,

No I had al unfill because I got too much on my second fill. I have the new 10cc band, so we are experimenting. I went from 4cc to 6 cc,and was MISERABLE. I couldnt even drink Water without throwing up. SO, I went in the next day and got 1 cc out. Perfect!

I think Ill go in this week and get maybe 1/4 cc. Its so sensitive.

Anyway, it sounds like you will do great!

Can you tell me how to put your ticker in your post?

Thanks!

Char

Kelly the nutritionist in Dr. Chae's office said he doesn't fill lightly, I will get 5 cc's on my first fill. I don't know what my band is, I will have to ask him when I go in. Go to edit signature under quick links, then go to tickerfactory.com, pick your ticker press next, pick your slide etc. If you still have trouble let me know, it took me forever to figure it out. Have you started working out?

Well you guys have been busy little bee's.....Plentsweet - that's good your better...I'm nervously excited....one minute I can totally grasp the short timeframe, last week I went to a hockey game (go eagles!) and I was sitting there thinking about the Feb 13th game - which is the next time I'll be in that section.."Next time I'm sitting in this seat I'll have my band and I should be about 30 lbs lighter".

Then, other times I just don't think this is real, that I was given this gift - it just seems like the last 3 years have been an uphill battle and it's just so strange that this was just that easy. So, I start thinking the ins co will change their mind, or they approved me but their benefits are changing at the 1st of the year and WLS won't be a covered benefit, or the person who approved me will no longer be there and I'll have to start at square 1 again - all those crazy stupid thoughts....which need to go away - positive thinking is the way to life!

So, yeah, excited but anxious, December - when I get my auth and pre-op testing I think it will feel more real.

All for now...Jtag